Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The 1st Praetorian Guard is an Amarrian Imperial Navy-affiliated Special Operations unit? Read more here

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6

Author Topic: Arek'Jaalan II - the Return of Hilen Tukoss  (Read 13388 times)

Nmaro Makari

• Nemo
  • Pod Captain
  • SHARKBAIT-HOOHAHA!
Re: Arek'Jaalan II - the Return of Hilen Tukoss
« Reply #60 on: 30 Nov 2014, 20:34 »

I check my messages at work and there's 70 on the a'J mailing list

What in fucks name happened?

I logged in for the first time in a year just as this happened. You can imagine my surprise, between 70 on the Arek'Jalaan list and another 300 from SYNE.

Swear down, that's just an insane backlog, promise! And only 40-50% are from me so... Innocent?
The very model of a British Minmatarian

Cmdr Baxter

• "The Old Man"
  • Egger
    • The Synenose Accord
« Reply #61 on: 01 Dec 2014, 03:27 »

I check my messages at work and there's 70 on the a'J mailing list

What in fucks name happened?

I logged in for the first time in a year just as this happened. You can imagine my surprise, between 70 on the Arek'Jalaan list and another 300 from SYNE.

Swear down, that's just an insane backlog, promise! And only 40-50% are from me so... Innocent?

Anskek

« Reply #62 on: 31 Dec 2014, 09:35 »

Yeah I've p. much given up on this. Once again, like the first WH incident, no player action will trigger anything. Just waiting. All that effort, for what?  :bash:

Synthia

• Omelette
  • I ruin RP by existing
« Reply #63 on: 01 Jan 2015, 13:23 »

The two storylines about Hilen Tukoss appear to have fizzled out, I.e.
1. Real Tukoss is imprisoned somewhere, by parties unknown, for unknown reasons. We don't know, and have no way of knowing.
2. Sleeper AI Impostor Tukoss, may or may not have all the body parts it needs, for whatever reason it wanted them for. We don't know, and have no way of knowing that either.

The "Sleepers Behaving Strangely" thing, well, when A'J was organising, Valerie was trying to get people to organise towards making a survey of Sleepers and how they actually behaved, to publish that. People were somewhat dismissive though and said it was just all about a patch that made them remote rep.

Then come the Sisters of Eve reports and the DED Inner Circle reports, that show that there was a whole system out there, where Sleepers were doing stuff, which kind of says that the "Sleepers Behaving Strangely" referred to those, not the ones that were visible to us, the players.

So, even if A'J had been organised, and had made a survey, it would have been utterly irrelevant, because it wasn't those sleepers that the SOE were talking about.

Cloaked Jovian structures, Circadian Seekers, Sleeper data caches showing that all of New Eden has been being spied upon for thousands of years, vOv.

Ultimately, if CCP's lore and news team is so thinly stretched, that they can't even make a list of candidates for the Federal Elections, which is an event that has been known about for years, then I really don't see any of these storylines being developed, and the whole A'J thing might as well cease to exist. Anything A'J can do, people can do themselves , on the IGS or the Eve Fiction forum.

So, vOv
The Explanatory Leaflet is a Leaflet that Explains.

Anskek

« Reply #64 on: 01 Jan 2015, 18:18 »

It just pisses me off. If you're not gonna fucking finish a story , DONT START IT. Just fucking apocrypha all over. Pathetic.

Esna Pitoojee

• Keeper of the Harem
  • Demigod
« Reply #65 on: 02 Jan 2015, 10:25 »

In fairness, the holidays have probably left them fairly stretched and unable to work on major projects. That's still frustrating, though, because it suggests they're literally writing stuff days before it's primed to be released and have no "queue" of ready-to-go articles that could be released at a trickle if the devs have to be busy for a bit.
I like the implications of Gallentians being punched in the face by walking up to a Minmatar as they so freely use another person's culture as a fad.

Anskek

« Reply #66 on: 02 Jan 2015, 13:57 »

At this point I kinda just wanna start killing anyone with AJ for the lulz.

Ché Biko

• Space Buddho-Commu-Nihilist
  • Veteran
  • I'll face the stars or the abyss.
    • Biko's Backstage Character Thread
« Reply #67 on: 02 Jan 2015, 16:41 »

I must admit I only read the last 3 post of this thread, but...isn't this story finished, as much as things can be in a perpetual universe?
I mean, HT is out of the picture, AJ comprimised...Doesn't that end it?
-OOChé

Esna Pitoojee

• Keeper of the Harem
  • Demigod
« Reply #68 on: 02 Jan 2015, 18:20 »

I must admit I only read the last 3 post of this thread, but...isn't this story finished, as much as things can be in a perpetual universe?
I mean, HT is out of the picture, AJ comprimised...Doesn't that end it?

If so, then it's one of the most fantastic bait-and-switches I've ever seen.

A'J was, very much, an ongoing project. The entire 'reactivation' of the project was based on players' willingness to pursue things in an 'ongoing' manner, and CCP has explicitly stated that more sleeper stuff is to come.

To go "hey something is happening, and it has to do with Sleepers... but oh lol the sleeper project got infiltrated by something, we're not going to tell you more, it's dead now kthxbye" - that's one of the most abrupt and strange "endings" I could imagine. It's a bit much, even for CCP.
I like the implications of Gallentians being punched in the face by walking up to a Minmatar as they so freely use another person's culture as a fad.

Ché Biko

• Veteran
« Reply #69 on: 03 Jan 2015, 12:53 »

Well, from what I've gleamed from CCP about the subject, AJ was something they could not sustain, but they would look for a way to give it some sort of closure, I'm just thinking this may be it. More sleeper stuff, could be, but I think AJ is done for now, as far as CCP involvement is concerned.
« Last Edit: 03 Jan 2015, 12:55 by Ché Biko »
-OOChé

Louella Dougans

• \o/
  • Demigod
  • \o/
« Reply #71 on: 12 Jan 2015, 17:33 »

"please report any unusual activity to your local DED office"

okay, but...

how would anyone know if what the seekers are doing is usual or unusual ?
\o/

Ché Biko

• Veteran
« Reply #72 on: 12 Jan 2015, 17:37 »

*Circadian sleeper blows up LouDou*
LouDou: "Well...that was unusual."
-OOChé

Louella Dougans

• \o/
  • Demigod
  • \o/
« Reply #73 on: 26 Feb 2015, 12:05 »

another broken text message on the IGS.

vOv
\o/

Aria Jenneth

• Veteran
« Reply #74 on: 26 Feb 2015, 19:42 »

So, he's coming home in a Sleeper ship.

IE, very possibly, a drone.

At this point, I'm calling the punchline as "He's been uploaded and his body's been biomassed, but he hasn't figured that out yet."
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6