Archives > Katacombs

So...Trump won.

<< < (2/4) > >>

Lunarisse Aspenstar:

--- Quote from: Utari Onzo on 15 Nov 2016, 09:26 ---One of the greatest downfalls of this campaign has been the over importance placed on identity politics. The vast majority of people just do not have the time, patience or luxury of wealth to spent giving a damn about identity.

As a working class lad I've historically been a Labour supporter in the UK and likely would have been a Dem supporter in the US, but honestly both candidates were awful. The left in the western world needs to go back and convince its grassroots blue collar support that they do care about the real issues, like economic issues, the decline of the middle class etc. Instead of asking "how did Trump win, he's such a [insert here]" we (or our elite overlords) need to go back and ask why did Clinton lose to someone like that.

Would it kill my leftist elite to stop lecturing down to me too?

--- End quote ---

This.  And what Louella said.

Saede Riordan:
I kept thinking of what to say in this thread, but Louella pretty much said everything I'd have wanted to say, in a very concise way. So +1

Karmilla Strife:
Pretty good observations, but Louella, I think there was a Republican president and majority in both legislative branches from 2002-2006.

Vikarion:

--- Quote from: Karmilla Strife on 17 Nov 2016, 08:02 ---Pretty good observations, but Louella, I think there was a Republican president and majority in both legislative branches from 2002-2006.

--- End quote ---

Yes, but Republicans hold 33 governorships, if I recall correctly, and 67 of 98 state houses.

Louella Dougans:

--- Quote from: Karmilla Strife on 17 Nov 2016, 08:02 ---Pretty good observations, but Louella, I think there was a Republican president and majority in both legislative branches from 2002-2006.

--- End quote ---

That's what the news on the radio said though, that this is the first time since 1928, that there was a Republican President, along with control of Senate and congress. Maybe there was something else as well that I don't remember ?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version