Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

that the Minmatar military specifically recruits hardened criminals for service in its elite Valklear units, and that many of the Republic's most senior officers were originally recruited in this way?

Author Topic: D&D in EVE  (Read 667 times)

Sakura Nihil

• Egger
  • Glory
D&D in EVE
« on: 02 Sep 2017, 19:42 »

So, I alluded to this in a post I made, but I figure I'd flesh it out a bit here with a full thread...

Long story short, I've been watching a lot of D&D campaigns lately (Heroes & Halfwits, Critical Role, etc.), and it looks like a blast.  I've never played D&D in my life, but I've played lots of RPGs before (Skyrim, Fallout, DAO, etc.), so I appreciate a game with good character customization and an open world to explore.

I've already gotten a few people together who'd be interested in playing, but we could use one or two more... as well as a DM.  I'd do it, but I have limited understanding of the game mechanics, and I really want to play as a character first before taking on a job like that.  If you're interested, the only requirement is that you're on good or decent terms with Sak in-game.  If you're interested, mail her about it, preferably OOCly.

The catch?  This game wouldn't be played OOCly, it'd be played ICly ;).  Meaning we'd be playing our characters, playing their characters in D&D (or whatever we call it ICly).  I think there would be a very large amount of awesome (and hilarious) shenanigans that could result from such an arrangement.

But, anyways, cyno's up!
« Last Edit: 02 Sep 2017, 19:46 by Sakura Nihil »

Lasairiona

• Red
  • Omelette
Re: D&D in EVE
« Reply #1 on: 03 Sep 2017, 01:00 »

I'd be curious to play :-) I've always thought about it.

Utari Onzo

« Reply #2 on: 03 Sep 2017, 05:46 »

I assume you'll be using a client like rolld20?

Sakura Nihil

• Egger
  • Glory
« Reply #3 on: 03 Sep 2017, 12:34 »

I assume you'll be using a client like rolld20?

That was my thought, yeah, some way to provide graphics for the party, location info, etc.