Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That Blood Raider ships have the same design and golden sheen as Amarrian vessels, but are mottled in rust-like vermilion? (The Burning Life p. 80)

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: LoL  (Read 3210 times)

Graelyn

• Ye Olde One
  • Veteran
  • These things just seem to happen...
Re: LoL
« Reply #15 on: 04 Feb 2012, 20:08 »

I preferred STAR BATTLE on Starcraft 2.

If we can hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!

Repentence Tyrathlion

• Omelette
  • RIP?
« Reply #16 on: 06 Feb 2012, 08:03 »

Been playing League since just after beta, on both servers (didn't realise there was an EU one until after I'd signed up and got my US one to 30 :P).  I do go in phases a little, but people can attest that if I haven't got in at least one match a day, I really must be busy with uni...

Re: the community... yes.  It's full of assholes.  Unfortunately, from what I hear, HoN and the original DOTA were far, far worse.  I just sort of let it breeze past me.  I am getting increasingly dissatisfied with solo queueing, though.  Not having anyone to duo with, or a team, is somewhat frustrating, especially when you go on a losing streak.

I'm Basilisk9466 on both US and EUW, if anyone wants to prod me.

Oh, and DOTA2... I'll look at it when it comes out, but if it's anything close to HoN's cliff-like learning curve, I suspect I'll promptly give up on it.  League's more casual approach suits me fine.

Oh, and Graelyn: Star Battle is awesome.  It's consumed enough of my (admittedly not huge) time playing SC that I still haven't finished my placement matches. :P
« Last Edit: 06 Feb 2012, 08:04 by Mortis Tyrathlion »

Misan

• Shady Thukker & Ninja Admin
  • Pod Captain
    • Serious Thukking Business - Blog
« Reply #17 on: 06 Feb 2012, 10:11 »

I've played it a lot over the past year+ and for the most part enjoy it. I go through rage phases where I won't touch it though, and at this point unless I'm playing with at least 3 people it just isn't enjoyable, especially trying to do ranked.

I did get invited to the DotA 2 beta and have been playing a couple of games with it. Beta community might not be indicative of anything, but so far it's been pretty chill. Much harder than LoL in many ways, but I also opted to choose the "experienced" option on starting, which meant I didn't get any kind of tutorials or advice. If nothing else with good players it's actually possible to win 4v5s with leavers, even though Valve was smart and actually doesn't penalize you for abandoning the game if one team has a leaver (has to be gone for 5+ minutes straight). Haven't played it enough to really make a solid judgement yet, other than to say that I think it has potential.
EVE Blog and Project Status: on hold -- busy being Thukker-esque IRL.
Twitter
What I'm busy with, if you're curious.

BloodBird

• Intaki Still-Rager
  • Veteran
  • The untraditional traditionalist
« Reply #18 on: 07 Feb 2012, 10:18 »

I'm happy to know that no matter how much I game or play, I'll never ever have this happen to me, in LoL or any other game;

23 year old idiot died after 23 hour's of constant LoL gaming.

I should be sad for him. Instead, my darker than black humor made me laugh and giggle all through the article. Fucking moron. This is what happens when the word 'moderation' don't exist in one's vocabulary.

I'll get back in my lane...

Jekaterine

• Like the wind
  • The Mods
  • Pod Captain
  • Wandering the halls of Chatsubo
« Reply #19 on: 07 Feb 2012, 10:29 »

After playing for quite some time, must be over six months, I'm still not 30 which shows how casual I am.
I like the game, the type is fun and I'm fond of it in all honesty. Most people populating it are walking adverts for post natal abortion and forced euthanasia through gassing.

So I play against the AI as most people running bot games leave their ego as there's no chestbeating to be had against something as incompetent as bots.
Quote from: Ciarente the beatific, patron saint of moderators big and small
ban ban ban

Myrhial Arkenath

• Omelette
  • One does not simply walk into Curse.
    • Diary of a Pod Pilot
« Reply #20 on: 08 Feb 2012, 05:39 »

I'm happy to know that no matter how much I game or play, I'll never ever have this happen to me, in LoL or any other game;

I should be sad for him. Instead, my darker than black humor made me laugh and giggle all through the article. Fucking moron. This is what happens when the word 'moderation' don't exist in one's vocabulary.

I've done long gaming sessions, and experienced no trouble, but then again I do take frequent rests, and I've taken to exercising (yay Fitocracy) and eating healthy. I think this scenario could have happened just as well to a couch potato. I wonder if the guy knew he had a heart condition or not. If a person doesn't know, and maintains an unhealthy lifestyle, it can sneak in on you. One reason why exercise and all is good, even if you think you are fine. Or you could get yourself screened I guess, but living unhealthy because you can socalled afford it will in the end still have bad results.

CEO of Ghost Festival :: Executor of Naraka.
Diary of a Pod Pilot

Gottii

• A Booty-full Mind
  • Veteran
« Reply #21 on: 08 Feb 2012, 10:05 »

Just...wow....

"Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'"
― Isaac Asimov

lallara zhuul

• Now with rainbows and butterflies.
  • Veteran
« Reply #22 on: 08 Feb 2012, 11:28 »

Just by generally walking a few hours a week will keep your heart in decent shape, its just this sedentary lifestyle of city people and lazy car people...

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

Myrhial Arkenath

• Omelette
    • Diary of a Pod Pilot
« Reply #23 on: 13 Feb 2012, 11:57 »

Just by generally walking a few hours a week will keep your heart in decent shape, its just this sedentary lifestyle of city people and lazy car people...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aUaInS6HIGo Here's a linky which you reminded me of.

Back on topic, there is now a channel called 'Inspiracy' on EU West for all you fine people to come and hang out in.

Diary of a Pod Pilot

Myrhial Arkenath

• Omelette
    • Diary of a Pod Pilot
« Reply #24 on: 08 Mar 2012, 17:42 »

*bump* Inspiracy channel needs more folks. If you play, come hang out in it. No need to group if you care for your ranking, just chatting is fine. Have not played too much myself, but seen at least one of you in there already. We can do better \o/

Diary of a Pod Pilot
Pages: 1 [2]