Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

that "Operation Trinity Vanguard" was the code name for the defense of the Incursions in Anyed, Antem and Imya. The Anti-Incursion fleets contisted over 800 pilots from CVA, KotMC, Moira., Star Fraction, FCORD, SYNE Coalition and countless other corps and alliances.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: CCP actually did it - Now with new Leader portraits!  (Read 12737 times)

Gnauton

• Clonejack
Re: CCP actually did it - Now with new Leader portraits!
« Reply #30 on: 19 Mar 2011, 11:43 »

Eventually we aim to get every single NPC their very own portrait, yeah. It's just going to happen in iterations. So much content, so little time. All that jazz.

Seriphyn

• Demigod
  • New and improved, and only in FFXIV
« Reply #31 on: 19 Mar 2011, 12:18 »

Eventually we aim to get every single NPC their very own portrait, yeah. It's just going to happen in iterations. So much content, so little time. All that jazz.

Cool! Maybe certain corp agents will have uniforms across the board eh? For the navies and so on.

/speculating

Casiella

• Demigod
  • Creation is so precious, and greed so destructive.
« Reply #32 on: 19 Mar 2011, 12:20 »

I believe they just have to get manager approval to post as their CCP selves out in teh intartubez.

Saede Riordan

• Immoral Compass
  • Demigod
  • Through the distorted lens I found a cure
    • All the cool hippies have tumblr
« Reply #33 on: 19 Mar 2011, 12:52 »

I believe they just have to get manager approval to post as their CCP selves out in teh intartubez.

maybe Gnauton is just a rebel, sticking it to The Man
Personal Blog//Character Blog
A ship in harbour is safe, but that's not what ships are built for.

Cmdr Baxter

• "The Old Man"
  • Egger
    • The Synenose Accord
« Reply #34 on: 19 Mar 2011, 15:13 »

Those portraits are looking slick. Now I want to know who bribed the hamsters to get that done at the "considerably-less-than-monolithic" speed setting.

Vieve

Awesome!

Now if they could make those faction leader NPCs look like people and not the product of a deranged madman playing with the clay of the gods, I'd be sated.

Just because I love you guys, here's a sneak peek. Meet (the new and improved) Salvador Sarpati.

http://oi54.tinypic.com/2ni4907.jpg

This one (along with a whole host of other factional leaders and important people storyline-wise) will be in-game very soon™

Much improved.  And awesome.

So, will the (re)introduction of tattoos also mean some of the agents will get their facial tattoos back?

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #36 on: 20 Mar 2011, 21:50 »

Tibus Heth DOES look like John Revenent! Spooky. Jamyl looks like Silas did on the creator without the blind eyes...but then again so do most of the amarrian females, the range is pretty small.  I liked Jamyl's 'painted' portrait quite a bit. 

Shakor and Kuvakai look -amazing-, not to mention Roden, although he looks quite evil.  Well done for most of them!

Sisi down as I write this, anyone get a look at Khanid II or any of the other Imperial Heirs? Crossing fingers they have their own fiction in order and keep the King True Amar...

Cheiftan

• Clonejack
« Reply #37 on: 20 Mar 2011, 22:04 »

Not bad. Roden looks badass, Jamyl got her makeup fixed, and Elvis left the building.

Is it me or does Heth kinda look like John Revenent?

Funny You should say that, i was telling him the same thing on vent the other day lol, he denies any Family ties to heth however...
« Last Edit: 20 Mar 2011, 22:10 by Cheiftan »

Laerise [PIE]

• Definetly not a Khanid !
  • Pod Captain
  • TANKRED ENDURES
    • PIE Forums
« Reply #38 on: 21 Mar 2011, 01:32 »

Why does Roden look almost as amarrian as Jamyl?  :)

Akrasjel Lanate

• Omelette
« Reply #39 on: 21 Mar 2011, 06:30 »

Why does Roden look almost as amarrian as Jamyl?  :)

Beacause he is old.

orange

• Dex 1.0
  • Veteran
« Reply #40 on: 21 Mar 2011, 07:44 »

Is it me or does Heth kinda look like John Revenent?

Funny You should say that, i was telling him the same thing on vent the other day lol, he denies any Family ties to heth however...
[/quote]

Clearly they are cousins!   :twisted:

"I-RED leader related to Executor Heth, family feud behind bad blood, news at 5!"

YoshiMoromuo

• Clonejack
« Reply #41 on: 21 Mar 2011, 08:13 »

There will be an investigation into possible relation between John Revenent and Tibus Heth, but only if the proper forms are filed. :P

Dirk Smacker

• Clonejack
« Reply #42 on: 25 Mar 2011, 12:16 »

I recall during the content/fiction dev chat they mentioned they wanted to have "celebrity npc's" that would make the in-station experience dynamic, at least in regards to how the other npc's act.  Couple that with the expanding options for customization and I anticipate they will update their portraits again before Incarna.  Heck, if they are going with microtransactions to enhance your wardrobe, what better way to introduce clothes, hairstyles, or bling than have it first appear on npc leaders?   

Matariki Rain

• Sweet, gentle Mata
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #43 on: 25 Mar 2011, 13:23 »

[...] what better way to introduce clothes, hairstyles, or bling than have it first appear on npc leaders?   

I, for one, have a set of robes based on Jamyl's official portrait robes, for... fancy-dress use.

Andreus Ixiris

• Omelette
« Reply #44 on: 30 Mar 2011, 04:18 »

Roden, Foiritan, Heth and Shakor all look awesome (and I find it interesting in and of itself that they bothered updating Souro - does this perhaps mean he still has a part to play?).

Jamyl looks OK, but I swear there were hair options that would look more like the picture in All These Wayward Children.

Salvador Sarpati STILL looks retarded, except that now he looks like a east-end thug with Downe's syndrome in a space tuxedo.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5