Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That, even on non-capsuleer vessels, ship command sections are designed to be sheared off and function as an escape capsule? (The Burning Life p. 85)

Author Topic: [Mission] The Serpent and the Slaves  (Read 4789 times)

Alain Colcer

• Pod Captain
[Mission] The Serpent and the Slaves
« on: 24 Apr 2011, 10:00 »

This is a storyline mission i've never seen before (probably because its a lvl4 storyline and i have just recently started running these).

Anyways, the interesting part is that the mission starts very normal, go find some slave trade information or potential activities, but the twist is that once you arrive to the death space pocket, the Serpentis mention a Sansha meeting, some humans that Serps were experimenting with, are now "lifeless" and will be delivered to Sansha.

I've never seen any mention of "trade" of any kind between Sansha's and Serpentis. And i can buy the idea of Serps experimenting with prisoners for developing new drugs, but selling used guinea pigs....i don't know...doesnt sound like them (in my very limited knowledge of what serps are).

Z.Sinraali

• Pod Captain
  • You're a Jovian spy, aren't you?
Re: [Mission] The Serpent and the Slaves
« Reply #1 on: 24 Apr 2011, 10:43 »

There've been Sanshaz in Serp exploration sites for quite some time, but CCP told us to ignore the man behind the curtain...
The assumption that other people are acting in good faith is the single most important principle underpinning human civilization.

Ghost Hunter

• Sansha's True Citizen ; TS-F Overseer
  • The Mods
  • Veteran
  • True Power without limit!
« Reply #2 on: 24 Apr 2011, 11:00 »

There've been Sanshaz in Serp exploration sites for quite some time, but CCP told us to ignore the man behind the curtain...

Some Serpentis have Sansha spawns for 'balancing reason' (lol missions), but actual mission text I have no idea about.

Given the Serpentis are the ultimate 'all for the love of money' drug corporation, they probably aren't picky.
Ghost > So yes, she was Ghost's husband-
Ashar > So Ghost was a gay Caldari and she went through tranny surgery
Ghost > Wait what?
Ashar > Ghosts husband.
Ghost > No she was - Oh god damnit.

He ate all of them
We Form Moderation
For Nation

Julianus Soter

• Pod Captain
« Reply #3 on: 24 Apr 2011, 11:01 »

http://moiracorp.wordpress.com/2011/02/06/contract-report-sanshaserpentis-collusion/

Text of blog post since I've posted this about four times now:

Mission Codename: Serpent and the Slaves

Threat Level: 4

On Behalf: Federal Intelligence Office

Assigning Agent: Classified

System: Classified

Report by: Captain Andre Grey Moira. Corporation

“… After receiving the message from agent (-) I have proceeded to the Federal Intelligence station in (-). Upon arrival I was informed about several abductions of Gallente civilians in the area of (-). According to the information gathered by the Federal Intelligence they were being transported to the area (-), by an unknown group, with the suspicion being that the intention of this unknown group was to sell the civilians into slavery in the Sansha Nation.

The request from the Federal Intelligence Office was to investigate this operation, discover the identity of the group(s) involved, engage the hostiles and if possible to secure and rescue the abducted Gallente civilians.

With this task at hand I and the crew of my ship, Dominix class battleship “Mage”, have departed for the coordinates provided by the Federal Intelligence.

On arriving in the area, our scanners have picked up a temporary acceleration gate protected by a single Brutix class battlecruiser of the Serpentis Corporation. This ship has opened communication channel greeting us as the “pick-up” group before recognizing that we were not affiliated with the Sansha Nation and opening fire. The resulting battle was brief as the battlecruiser stood little chance in confrontation with my ship and experienced crew.

As it was destroyed I ordered to activate the acceleration gate and proceeded deeper into the deadspace pocket. Inside of it we have came across an assembly of several habitation modules hidden behind the remains of a destroyed station, possibly to remain undiscovered by CONCORD system scanners.

We were also engaged by two groups of hostile vessels, the first belonging to the Sansha Nation and composed out of two battlecruiser class ships and two frigates utilizing electronic warfare in the form of turret tracking disruptors. This group was the first that I and my crew have engaged and destroyed.

The second force was composed out of three battleships and two frigates belonging to the Serpentis Corporation. This was a slightly more challenging foe, more so that twice did they receive reinforcements in the form of more battleships, cruisers and frigates. Despite this however, my battleship was able to destroy all the hostile vessels and secure the area for the arrival of the Federal Defence Fleet forces.

The disturbing event upon the conclusion of the battle was a brief transmission from an unknown source, recognized by the ships computers as being of Sansha Nation origin, stating that they are “Letting those slaves keep their freedom as it was not worth to waste any more forces on their extraction”.

With this task concluded, we have returned to agent (-) and reported on the encounter. I was reassured that the rescued people will receive any and all possible treatment and assistance from the Gallente authorities. …”

Comment: It is important to note that at this time that we cannot trace this cooperation between the Serpentis and Sansha to the Corporate level at this time. It is likely this was a small-scale racket run by a local Serpentis Corporation subsidiary, an organization which devolves decision making to local branches.

-Julianus Soter

Senn Typhos

• Pod Captain
  • Strong, Silent Type
« Reply #4 on: 25 Apr 2011, 12:03 »

Every day there's more supposition about Serp and Sansha collaboration, and it never makes any more sense. It's getting harder to tell if its CCP purposefully fucking up the faction, or players reading too much into mission text. Or both.
An important reminder for Placid RPers

One day they woke me up
So I could live forever
It's such a shame the same
Will never happen to you

Saede Riordan

• Immoral Compass
  • Demigod
  • Through the distorted lens I found a cure
    • All the cool hippies have tumblr
« Reply #5 on: 25 Apr 2011, 13:41 »

I smell shenanigans
Personal Blog//Character Blog
A ship in harbour is safe, but that's not what ships are built for.