Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That the DED and the Sisters of EVE cooperate on audits of megacorps? (The Burning Life p 35)

Author Topic: Re: Infiltration as RP  (Read 541 times)

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
Re: Infiltration as RP
« on: 24 May 2011, 19:20 »

[mod]Please don't flamebait. Please phrase your opinions with respect to other players. Please think very carefully before repeating homophobic slurs [/mod]
Well said, Farel.

I'm recalling that Moira ooc infiltration on my guys a few years back with some unpleasantness.

As I recall, the infiltration was done entirely in character. Althea Ekran, a very well known alt of mine, pretended to be leaving Moira due to hating Julianus Soter, and was tired of participating in the Federation's wars.

Althea Ekran then joined Vitalia's corporation, Khanid Provincial. Now, At this stage, Althea Ekran was operating as Julianus Soter's operative. The long standing, and long-RP'ed interaction between the two in various public and semi-public settings, was that Althea was Soter's right hand gal, with covert operations as her speciality. The intent was to destroy the Provincial's new Archon, dealing a blow against a Khanid Kingdom loyalist corporation and ally of the Caldari State.

Which part of that is out of character?

Addendum: Better part: Althea Ekran's character history is about how the Khanid Kingdom made an underhanded deal with a Caldari megacorporation, eventually throwing her to the wolves as the bodyguard of a noble family in the Kingdom. Hence, when the ruse was discovered by Vitalia's pilots, and the plot thwarted, she put in her bio "DEATH TO THE KINGDOM".

Well, should we now outlaw that kind of roleplay? Is that what we've come to? What game is it that we're playing, anyway?

I think when you raged on our fleet audio and called us all faggots for killing your alt's abaddon after we found you out, and then staying undocked in a pod for hours on end to exploit still being in corp comms, you gave up any claims to in character level-headedness and fun RP for others. Thanks but no thanks to anything of that sort.
« Last Edit: 25 May 2011, 16:34 by Ciarente »