Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The founder of Zainou Biotech, Todo Kirkinen, was the first person to have his mind transfered into a machine? Ishukone owns a majority stake of Zainou.

Author Topic: Re: Andreus Ixiris and Mixed Metaphor  (Read 1889 times)

Crucifire

Re: Andreus Ixiris and Mixed Metaphor
« on: 19 Apr 2011, 14:07 »

At first I was going to avoid this topic outright, which is probably still the best call, but eh fuck it lemme get nuked. I also haven't even read most of this thread because OOC Andreus makes me care so very little about IC Andreus but here goes.

You're the worst kind of nerd. You can't let people have their fun if it slightly, even indirectly, affects your view of New Eden, then you barrage them with wordy posts about how wrong they are for just doing what they think is an enjoyable game experience. It's depressing, boring, makes you look obsessed and worst of all it's very daunting to new roleplayers, or for roleplayers trying to do something people haven't seen before.

In the past few replies to this thread you've gotten two very insightful responses as to what Mr. Ur-doin-it-wrong is doing wrong and you totally let arrogance kick in. Stop being such an unbearable nerd and examine what your fucking problem is. My 2 cents is that you are invested a little too deeply into EVE and it would be in your best interest if you just took a break to get some RL all up ins. Go get laid, get stoned, have some fun, do whatever it is young people do when they're not being peremptory assholes to other people in a science fiction setting.
« Last Edit: 19 Apr 2011, 14:10 by Crucifire »

Andreus Ixiris

• Omelette
« Reply #1 on: 19 Apr 2011, 14:51 »

Out of curiousity, given how strongly you feel about the issue, why haven't you said anything in the various OOC discussions about the drones? 

Because I remain convinced that almost no-one will change their opinion no matter what I say, as I have had several experiences in which I've presented direct evidence that canon contradicts what someone is saying and been told to fuck off.

Basically I can't be bothered.

Andreus Ixiris

• Omelette
« Reply #2 on: 19 Apr 2011, 14:56 »

You're the worst kind of nerd.

:lol:

You can't let people have their fun

:lol: :lol: :lol:

if it slightly, even indirectly, affects your view of New Eden, then you barrage them with wordy

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

wordy

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

wordy

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

posts about how wrong they are for just doing what they think is an enjoyable game experience. It's depressing, boring, makes you look obsessed and worst of all it's very daunting to new roleplayers, or for roleplayers trying to do something people haven't seen before.

:lol: etc.

In the past few replies to this thread you've gotten two very insightful responses as to what Mr. Ur-doin-it-wrong is doing wrong and you totally let arrogance kick in. Stop being such an unbearable nerd and examine what your fucking problem is.

Many instances of the :lol: smiley, I think you get the picture by now, but wait, here's the best part:

My 2 cents is that you are invested a little too deeply into EVE and it would be in your best interest if you just took a break to get some RL all up ins. Go get laid, get stoned, have some fun, do whatever it is young people do when they're not being peremptory assholes to other people in a science fiction setting.

Seriously though, if "get out some more" is the best you can come up with, I think you need to... uh, well, get out some more.

Edit: Oh, and I also can't help but notice that you described how my average Saturday unfolds. So, you know, joke's on you.
« Last Edit: 19 Apr 2011, 15:02 by Andreus Ixiris »

scagga

• Everything for Vaari
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #3 on: 19 Apr 2011, 15:05 »

*prays that the mods let Crucifire's post be as it has been taken in a jocular fashion by the person it is aimed at, and is also quite funny*

Andreus Ixiris

• Omelette
« Reply #4 on: 19 Apr 2011, 15:07 »

*prays that the mods let Crucifire's post be as it has been taken in a jocular fashion by the person it is aimed at, and is also quite funny*

Oh trust me, no-one's laughing at it more than I am ;)

Hamish Grayson

« Reply #5 on: 19 Apr 2011, 15:07 »

Not likely.  Casiella will be smiting it shortly I'm sure.

Orthic

• Wetgraver
« Reply #6 on: 19 Apr 2011, 15:10 »

Out of curiousity, given how strongly you feel about the issue, why haven't you said anything in the various OOC discussions about the drones? 

Because I remain convinced that almost no-one will change their opinion no matter what I say, as I have had several experiences in which I've presented direct evidence that canon contradicts what someone is saying and been told to fuck off.

Ok, that makes sense. But then what's the point of spamming IGS? It makes you look kinda silly, though I guess you don't care... but then what's the point of RPing with everyone in the first place?

Crucifire

« Reply #7 on: 19 Apr 2011, 15:13 »

You clearly are bothered, but instead direct the same effort into a more public and hostile venue. You aren't saving anybody any time.

Anyway, you're the one who asked what people think of you, I gave you my foul mouthed impression, you said "lol nice 1." I'm done with this. Maybe one day you'll take that pole out of your ass and have some fun, but probably not.

Andreus Ixiris

• Omelette
« Reply #8 on: 19 Apr 2011, 15:17 »

You write a three-paragraph shitpost and you say I'm the one that's "bothered"?

That's an interesting definition of "bothered" you have there :lol:

Crucifire

« Reply #9 on: 19 Apr 2011, 15:20 »

I never said you didn't bother me, you said you couldn't be bothered. I'll make the connection for you.

You clearly are bothered, but instead direct the same effort into a more public and hostile venue. You aren't saving anybody any time.
Edit: In hindsight, perhaps the reason you're being told to fuck off is not because you're adjusting other players' roleplay to fit canon, but the way you're doing it? Food for thought.
« Last Edit: 19 Apr 2011, 15:31 by Crucifire »

Andreus Ixiris

• Omelette
« Reply #10 on: 19 Apr 2011, 15:29 »

Your inability to correctly understand British English vernacular and the idiomatic usage of "can't be bothered" is not my concern.

Silver Night

• Admin
  • Demigod
  • Elitist Oldtimer
« Reply #11 on: 19 Apr 2011, 15:39 »

[mod]The rules of the board apply, no matter how strongly you feel.Responding to flames just propagates the problem, whatever that response is.[/mod]