Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

the Fleet Coordination Commission or FCORD was created in direct response to Nation Incursions. It main purpose is to alert of Incursions and help marshal fleets to repel them.

Author Topic: Re: Dance and Culture Shift in New eden  (Read 822 times)

Orthic

• Wetgraver
Re: Dance and Culture Shift in New eden
« on: 23 Mar 2011, 11:34 »

Then I shift posture, and note that the Intaki have a lot of Indian subcontinent influences to them, yet ethnically, they appear as Generic White People™

But, yeah, WRT the original point of waltz, from my understanding and looking at things, I would not expect waltz from the Amarr the same reason that, again, I would not expect bhangra from the Caldari.

Personally, I think this is bunk. The idea that empires spanning hundreds of inhabited planets are going to be less culturally diverse than my hometown of 40k people (and another 25k students) seems absurd. I understand that for the sake of keeping things simple CCP has painted each empire with extremely broad strokes, but I see little or no reason by we as RPers should treat it as such, we’re not the drooling masses. 

Silver Night

• Admin
  • Demigod
  • Elitist Oldtimer
Re: Dance and Culture Shift in New eden
« Reply #1 on: 23 Mar 2011, 11:37 »

[mod]Please try to express your opinions with respect - both for the other members, and the Eve player base in general.[/mod]