EVE-Online RP Discussion and Resources > EVE OOC Summit

Unusual RP angles: Sansha Edition

(1/8) > >>

Silver Night:
Now seems like  pretty appropriate time to start the topic. Sansha's Nation is seen by many as a monolithic sort of thing, even more than nearly any other faction. What do you think about unusual or outside-the-box ways to RP as a member of, or maybe splinter group from, this faction?

Casiella:
For a while, Casi was in Vikarion's White Rose Society, hoping to learn more about the Nation and possibly become a reformist. I think there's lots of room for Sansha splinter factions who endorse the Dream for individuals who choose to join and be "uplifted" of their own free will.

Natalcya Katla:
I don't view pre-war Sansha's Nation as particularly monolithic, actually, because I never got the impression there was much of a rigid social structure between the leader and the masses, and creativity and intellectual pursuits were actively encouraged.

The Nation we see in the events does of course seem to be monolithic in the extreme, but then again, what we're seeing is the Nation's military, not (the scattered remains of) its civilian population.

I personally believe it's perfectly feasible to have a widely varied range of loyalists and sympathizers aligned with the Nation. Of course, seeing as one of my characters is a Sansha loyalist and Esoterian native running a gothic-cyberpunk-comedy-noir orphanage, I'm highly biased. :D

Kaleigh Doyle:
Considering anything unborg-like is out of the norm, I'd say its not too hard to play outside the box here. ;)

Silver Night:
Silver is a proponent (more public about it when he was in Naqam) of a revitalized Nation (for a certain value of 'Nation'). I'll try and see if I can find a post where he sets most of it out sometime soon if I can. Probably in one of his debates with Aria.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version