EVE-Online RP Discussion and Resources > EVE OOC Summit

A trend and a discussion.

(1/20) > >>

Lillith Blackheart:
First off, before I go any further, I would like to point out that this is not any intention of making anyone look bad or any such thing, I'm simply trying to bring forth a discussion of something and see what opinions are on it.

To the point:

The Summit is the main lifeline link that many of us have to the RP community as a whole. It is, as far as I am aware, the only "general RP" channel that exists that has any sustained community presence allowing for interaction. To many of us, this is our only real connective point to the rest of the RP community.

Recently during this live event, many of the Sansha sympathizers (myself included - for a month no less) have been getting muted in channel for completely valid In Character reasons.

However this causes a conundrum. By muting us in The Summit for in character purposes, this effectively blacklists us out of character, removing our connection to the RP community in any ability to communicate or roleplay.

We have effectively been told we don't get to play with people anymore.

Now again, from an in character standpoint nothing is really wrong with what was done.

Out Of Character, however. . . one must stop and question whether or not the In Character functional moderation of the channel should be allowed, as it causes many of us a significant problem in being able to RP at all outside of the singular Sansha RP channel.

This removes conflict entirely from our RP.

With no conflict there is little to keep one interested.

We have been, quite effectively, blacklisted from the community and told we can not play with everyone else.

What are other peoples' thoughts on this matter? Is this a fair tactic? Should this be accepted simply because it is In Character? Or is this effective blacklist something that should not be acceptable based on the nature of the RP Community Channels in game?

Casiella:
What sort of IC reasons lead to someone getting muted / banned / whatever from an IC channel?

Lillith Blackheart:

--- Quote from: Casiella on 18 May 2010, 09:39 ---What sort of IC reasons lead to someone getting muted / banned / whatever from an IC channel?

--- End quote ---

"Being a Sansha Sypmathizer".

Lillith Blackheart:
EVE System > Lillith Blackheart was muted by (REDACTED - this is not a witch hunt). Effective until 2010.06.08 11:33:46, Reason: "foolishness".

Specifically.

IzzyChan:
This is rather silly.  I mean, the live events are finally bringing in fresh meat rpers and now they're watching people get banned for roleplaying a certain faction.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version