EVE-Online RP Discussion and Resources > EVE OOC Summit

Corp Theft - Acceptable When?

<< < (2/16) > >>

Cyshade:
Considering two different scenarios:

1) Corptheft used as a weapon (or even simply asset acquisition :P) against a hostile or neutral corporation.  

Thats always acceptable in my opinion.  

2) Emptying the hangars because you are ragequitting a corporation, due to boredom or something, tenuous IC reason or not.. 

Robbing old friends is a bit lame, but if they aren't your friends then whatever..

In response to Ghost, theres a big difference imo between "hacking" ventrilo or forums and just getting access.  Plus, it IS hilarious :D

Sofia Roseburn:
Simply put, yes. I operate on a pure "means to an end" principle.

Ghost Hunter:
Oh sure, if you're given access or someone slips up their information then that's somewhat fine.

I'm talking about actual, real hacking attempts.

Casiella:

--- Quote from: Ghost Hunter on 05 May 2010, 13:56 ---Generally, I'm fine with it when its strictly kept to in-game assets and the like.

I don't think its acceptable when you hack out of game assets like forums, TS/Vent, etc. They're two different beasts.

--- End quote ---

This, with the proviso that copying out information you're given legitimately is another matter. I mean, if a spy is given a forum and voice account, then that's okay. If somebody steals a password, then it's not.

Also, only information relating to game stuff. Personal things about other players (names, addresses, deep dark personal secrets revealed to your corp mates) are just a dick move.

Natalcya Katla:

--- Quote from: Cyshade on 05 May 2010, 13:59 ---In response to Ghost, theres a big difference imo between "hacking" ventrilo or forums and just getting access.  Plus, it IS hilarious :D

--- End quote ---

So true.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version