EVE-Online RP Discussion and Resources > EVE OOC Summit

Corp Theft - Acceptable When?

(1/16) > >>

Grr:
I'd like to think most here feel that corp theft is unacceptable in most instances other than a genuine IC act.  No doubt there are some who may disagree and I'd love to hear their views especially.

For example somebody emptying a hanger before defecting to the enemy I would consider perfectly acceptable behaviour that you would expect anybody defecting to consider. (although I'd always consider it fairly lame OOC it has to be said) Somebody skimming the wallet or hanger supplies to pass to a cause they sympathise with could be another fine example.

For many incidents that I've felt have crossed a line from good RP to genuine disrespectful tactics I've gone as far as passing IP, email and other details around to enemy organisations for offending pilots whenever we've encountered spies or corp thieves.  On many occasions I've been only too happy to assist U'K, EM, PIE and many other organisations who agree that these tactics are not acceptable and cross referenced details with them to kill of several spies in the past.  So I know that most of the groups I deal with feel the same as myself.  However there are many others here who I have limited or no dealings with on these issues.

Let me hear your thoughts and I know it goes without saying but please keep this potentially flammable topic constructive ;)

Myyona:
IC reasons for corp thief? Hm... that is a though one to answer, especially as corp thief is such an OoC thing to do: I move this pile from here to here and suddenly nobody than me have access to it, though it is supposedly still located within the same space station.

Could be fun if somebody actually were skimming corp funds and spend them on small arms and militants.

Ghost Hunter:
Generally, I'm fine with it when its strictly kept to in-game assets and the like.

I don't think its acceptable when you hack out of game assets like forums, TS/Vent, etc. They're two different beasts.

IzzyChan:
Corp theft sucks when it happens to you, but when you go and make people directors/give them roles you better really know these guys well and be prepared to lose your stuff.  

It's just how the game works I guess.  I've heard people working for several years to get trusted and respected to steal from an alliance.  Those guys are really freaking patient/hardworking spais and that's what makes EVE pretty awesome.

IzzyChan:

--- Quote from: Ghost Hunter on 05 May 2010, 13:56 ---Generally, I'm fine with it when its strictly kept to in-game assets and the like.

I don't think its acceptable when you hack out of game assets like forums, TS/Vent, etc. They're two different beasts.

--- End quote ---

Yeah, I don't mind in-game shenanigans but out of game hacking of forums and 3rd party stuff is going too far. :/

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version