EVE-Online RP Discussion and Resources > EVE OOC Summit

There's this thread on the IGS that is confusing me

(1/5) > >>

Arnulf Ogunkoya:
It's called "Rooms of Fate" and is reading like a soap opera plot on crack.

Is this supposed to be something that is being widebanded to anyone who cares to check the feed? If so it's IC knowledge and the IGS is the right place for it. Although, in my opinion, if this is true it makes the people in it look very silly.

On the other hand if it's OOC then surely it should be in the fiction section?

I'm asking here because Tomahawk is about & presumably can find out easily enough. Asking on the EVE-O boards just seemed too potentialy bitchy. Or at least I figured it might be taken that way.

Mizhara:
It's IC, and available to anyone watching IGS.

Havohej:
the impression I got was it's like a "Big Brother" style "reality show" RP thing.  I didn't look very closely, though.

Rodj Blake:

--- Quote from: Havohej on 04 May 2010, 21:44 ---the impression I got was it's like a "Big Brother" style "reality show" RP thing.  I didn't look very closely, though.

--- End quote ---

Yeah, I think that's the intention.

I suspect that it might have been more like the RL Big Brother if they'd waited until Incarna and used that for it rather than doing it on the IGS.

Darveses:
Well in my opinion it's actual roleplay - rare sight on the IGS.

While it, technically, may be more appropriate in EVE Fiction, I think its much more productive to the RP community to post it on the IGS than posting it there or doing it in little private channels where no outsiders can enjoy it.

It's an awesome read, and dismissing it as "soap opera" or "Big Brother" is, well, subjective.

Instead of jabbering about it, people could either ignore it or see it as the opportunity it is. No wonder most RPers "do it in private" if this is the response they get when they open their RP to public eyes.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version