EVE-Online RP Discussion and Resources > EVE OOC Summit

TAZ Norlonto in YWS0-Z system, Providence.

(1/8) > >>

Ulphus:
I must say I'm rather impresssed with the Station/System set up by Star Fraction recently. They way they say they're running the system seems to fit into my initial expectations of what they did when I first heard of them and started getting inspired to do RP in Eve. It feels like they're trying to make something and I wish them success.

The Court system offer that ChipMo has put out there is interesting, although it feels like they're trying to shoe-horn the court from "The Stone Canal"  http://www.fantasticfiction.co.uk/m/ken-macleod/stone-canal.htm by Ken MacLeod into Eve, and I'm not convinced it's going to work. The reason it did in TSC seemed to me to be that the price of not coming to an arrangement (even if negotiated by a third party judge) was significantly more than the price of not coming to an arrangement in Eve.

In Eve, people complain when not enough people are shooting at them!

So I'm not sure it can work, but I'll be watching the experiment with interest.

Esna Pitoojee:
Two comments on this -

One, having watched HTA set up our own station some weeks ago, I can prety categorically state that the "egg" SF used to put the Norlonto up was either bought prebuilt or manufactured far in advance of their claiming sovereignty in YWS0. Either possibility gives an interesting insight into strategic use of assets by Star Fraction.

About the courts - the ability of a court to deliver judgements and expect them to be acted on is also directly related to the authority invested into the court system, even within the context of EVE. This is in turn directly related to the respect given to the organization backing the court system. In ye olde days of CVA operation in Providence, the CVA-diplo channel was that court. If you had an issue, you jumped into there and hashed it out. Decisions granted by the court were expected to be followed through on, because there was respect for the authority that backed it (CVA and the allied Holders).

The new Providence, however, is a much more nebulous situation. From what I've heard, it is a mish-mash of assorted NAPs, hostilities, intel channels that allow some sov holders and ban others, and generally rather more chaotic. While it has settled out some since the sov grabbing ended and the political landscape has started to come into form, it still remains to be seen whether people will respect the authority of a court which, unlike CVA's, or even U'K/-A-'s diplo channels, is not backed by a massive, overwhelming force in the region, but merely by claims of fairness in judgement.

Not saying ChipMo's got a bad idea; more that we EVE players, and nulseccers in particular (IMO at least) tend to be a spectacularly distrustful bunch.

Mazca:
SF has been given an earfull about just destroying and never doing anything constructive. This is indeed an interesting time to see the endless pages of Freespace probaganda do or die in space.(although i have no doubt there are numerous ways to RP out of utter failure) :lol: I truely think this is a good RP development, and look forward to see what implications it'll have both IC and OOC.

About the CCCNP it really is an experiment. It wont have anymore authority than what those who choose to involve themselves with it chooses to give it, whitch was the intention all along.

Tomahawk Bliss:
the chipmo thing is unrelated.

Grr:
The deployment of the outpost as I commented on chatsubo was one of the first real tangible achievements the alliance has made in the past 6 years.  I for one congratulate them for it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version