EVE-Online RP Discussion and Resources > EVE OOC Summit

Unusual RP Angles: Blood Raider Edition

<< < (2/3) > >>

Louella Dougans:
I mean like, it says that the blood raiders seem to be really rather fanatic and devout about things, which kind of makes some of what Kaleigh was saying there, about the religious thing, a bit on wobbly ground, i thought.

Myyona:
Kretin is still a Sani Sabik follower, but these days he is planetbound meditating about his own superiority. In fact, he thinks that he is better than everybody else and he does not even have to prove it. He distance himself far from the dealings of the Blood Raiders and look at them with disgust. Disgust because they are unable to become immortals and their smearing of blood everywhere is like children acting out when things does not go the way they want it. Whenever he sees a Sani Sabik capsuleer mimicking the raiders, he is quick to remind them that they are going a step below their class and instead of wasting their time with activities meant for inferior beings they should step up to their rightful position.

Kretin practices Sani Sabik as a personal thing because it confirms him is his belief of his own greatness, not because he needs an excuse to commit wanton acts of destruction and mayhem.

Casiella:
Louella, have you read it? If so, why do you feel TBL presents factions so categorically? If not, what drives your opinion?

I'm just really curious because I felt like it went in a different direction. :)

Louella Dougans:

--- Quote from: Casiella on 27 Apr 2010, 12:22 ---Louella, have you read it? If so, why do you feel TBL presents factions so categorically? If not, what drives your opinion?

I'm just really curious because I felt like it went in a different direction. :)

--- End quote ---

Read it yes.

I mean like, how, the sani sabik characters, frequently make mention of The Red God, and such. In their thoughts too.
which to me, says they're pretty religious. and then makes being a non-believer supporter of the blood raiders a bit hard for me to get a handle on.

Casiella:
Well, I can't speak for Kayleigh of course, so I'm actually more curious now about the statement that "most of [the Blood Raiders] aren't religious". That doesn't jibe with the IG description of the faction:

--- Quote ---The Blood Raider Covenant is a particularly gruesome sect of the generally reviled Sani Sabik cult. While all modern Sani Sabik rituals use blood in some manner or another, the Covenant places particular value on the blood of cloned humans, and is utterly ruthless in obtaining it, regularly boarding other spacecraft and abducting all aboard. From their base in Delve they launch lightning raiding parties and surprisingly well co-ordinated incursions deep into Empire space in pursuit of their goals.
--- End quote ---

I'd love to know if we have additional info that paints a different picture.

Now, of course one could surmise that they have folks with internal doubts, as in any religious community. Human nature, and all that.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version