Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That the connections inside a pod serve as both communications pathways and security wiring? (The Burning Life, p 30)

Author Topic: Doomtown CCG  (Read 897 times)

Dex_Kivuli

• Dex 2.11b
  • Egger
Doomtown CCG
« on: 17 Oct 2011, 08:47 »

Does anyone know about an old collectible card game called Doomtown? It was set in the old west, with lots of supernatural stuff and steam-punky scientists.

The reason I ask is I'm trying to hunt down old cards. Christmas is coming up, and my brother and I used to play the game a lot. I thought it'd be great if I could hunt down some of the cards that he'd always wanted.

Anyone know of the game? Played it? Have some cards they want to sell or know someone who might want to sell them?

Z.Sinraali

• Pod Captain
  • You're a Jovian spy, aren't you?
Re: Doomtown CCG
« Reply #1 on: 17 Oct 2011, 13:30 »

It was based on an RPG called Deadlands. Never played either, but the setting is fairly interesting.
The assumption that other people are acting in good faith is the single most important principle underpinning human civilization.

Gottii

• A Booty-full Mind
  • Veteran
Re: Doomtown CCG
« Reply #2 on: 17 Oct 2011, 13:41 »

It was based on an RPG called Deadlands. Never played either, but the setting is fairly interesting.

Deadlands was great.  Loved the character generation system (involved drawing from a deck of cards IIRC)

"Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'"
― Isaac Asimov