Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The Guristas pirate organization was started by two deserters from the Caldari navy? Fatal and the Rabbit?

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8

Author Topic: Who's the Lex Luthor to your Superman...  (Read 18007 times)

Ava Starfire

• Queen of Hashbrowns
  • Pod Captain
Re: Who's the Lex Luthor to your Superman...
« Reply #60 on: 17 Oct 2014, 05:41 »

Ava has more of a Rogue's Gallery than a single arch nemesis, I guess.

Laerise is certainly very high on the list, as are Aldrith and Samira.
Leopold Caine is likely on there. Grrr!
Nauplius. Oh yes.
Havohej. Oh yessss.

Mizhara

• Prophet of New Eden
  • Demigod
  • The Truth will make ye Fret.
« Reply #61 on: 17 Oct 2014, 06:06 »

Havohej? Stop oppressing us Ava, you terrorist! Even went so far as to explode an entirely innocent Wolf in your hatred for us innocent freedom fighters.

* Mizhara gotta get around to doing that propaganda thing one day.

Samira Kernher

• Soulless Puppet
  • Veteran
  • Ardishapur Victor
« Reply #62 on: 17 Oct 2014, 07:13 »

Updating since previous response here:

Samira's nemesis is Nauplius, without a doubt. It's become very personal since his podding of her.

I can also foresee major issues with Havohej and Mizhara, depending on how things progress on that front.

Basically anyone who deliberately targets slaves (chained or free) is someone Samira has a very emotional response to.

Ava is another 'villain' for Samira but the relation between the two is a lot more 'cold war' than any kind of active hostility.

Desiderya also, due to Pieter issues.
« Last Edit: 17 Oct 2014, 07:31 by Samira Kernher »

kalaratiri

• Kalalalaakiota
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
  • Shes mad but shes magic, theres no lie in her fire
« Reply #63 on: 17 Oct 2014, 08:44 »

I don't think Kala as any true "nemesis". There aren't even that many people she'd truly class as enemies.

"Eve roleplayers scare me." - The Mittani

Gottii

• A Booty-full Mind
  • Veteran
« Reply #64 on: 17 Oct 2014, 19:10 »

I had the joy of having Eran Mintor as Gottii's personal nemesis, though Im certain he would have only named Gottii an antagonist, not his main rival. 

But man, he was a great nemesis. 

First off, even before I RPed in EVE, I was aware of the guy as an amazing pilot when I was just a nubbin in the TLF.  It helped that he has the RL voice of a war god. 

Then, I joined EM, and just added that Gottii looked up to Eran IC, namely because he was a big name, and a great pilot, and a good guy, and it made a lot of sense. 

Then, he joined the Crusade, and all the sudden he was a war target.  Drama!  Angst!  Must shoot him!  It was great.

We shot at each other a few times, though rarely as much as I wanted.  We chased each other around the war zone a few times, but I never got the one-on-one I was hoping for.  Its a huge EVE regret actually.  He was a great pilot and FC. 

Moreover, he was a great guy to RP with.  I hammered him IC (while trying to make clear I held him in the utmost OOC regard, I think I might have sent him an EVE mail stating that OOC).  He always took it in stride.

In fact, one of the few times I really enjoyed RPing on the IGS was with him.  Gottii and Eran had a long drawn up arguments about the war, about why we fought it the way we did.  And it was great, oddly enough.  Both characters admitted that they were haunted by the possibility that the other was right, but that the only choice they had as Brutor warriors was to fight an ugly dirty war the only way they could.

It was great. 

AND THEN, to save the universe from some kind of apocalyptic paradox caused by really enjoyable RP on the IGS, the CCP servers went down, and that entire f*****g thread chain was lost when they set the forums back three hours or so.  Im not making that up.  I was furious. 

Eran asked for the posts to be recovered, but it never happened.  I growl thinking about it to this day really. 

Anyway, if he ever reads this, dude was a great, really added to my game, and to Gottii's IC life.

EDIT:  Also a shout out to Mitnara.  For some reason we shot at each other a lot.  And she was hot.  So it was fun.   
« Last Edit: 17 Oct 2014, 19:21 by Gottii »
"Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'"
― Isaac Asimov

Havohej

• Friendly Neighborhood Forum Admin
  • Veteran
  • Ex-convict
    • EWF Digital Consulting
« Reply #65 on: 18 Oct 2014, 03:26 »

It helped that he has the RL voice of a war god.
So fucking true.  Listening to that guy FC used to get me hyped.

Twitter
This is a forum on steroids tbh. The rate at which content worth reading is being generated could get you pregnant.

Lyn Farel

« Reply #66 on: 18 Oct 2014, 07:30 »

Ah yes. Eran's voice on vent, telling us all about 'shrooms and stuff while waiting to depart.  :P

I think that thanks to him I got my biggest adrenaline fueled moment in that game when he just decided suddenly to leroy his revelation on that snuffbox spider tanked pirate BS gang in Huola. Jumped into my Naglfar and we had a blast, literally. And we both survived and tipped the balance of the fight, oddly enough.

One of those moments in Eve when you look into the face of death, and death looks back into you, and you suddenly feel at peace and all :D
« Last Edit: 18 Oct 2014, 07:33 by Lyn Farel »

Lithium Flower

• Omelette
  • I very speak engrish a bit, thank you!
« Reply #67 on: 20 Oct 2014, 06:30 »

So far they are:
Sansha Kuvakei
Mens Reppola
Jacus Roden

Unfortunately, can't think of anyone of capsuleers, good enough for nemesis role. Well, there are some "famous" enemies killed and died to their hands, but... I don't know. The list of them is rather large, including known fleet commanders, and there is a desire to kill them faster by any means necessary instead of just "fighting" or "competing" to them. But, heh, if anyone feels they could take the heat, feel free to come being my Lex, I meanwhile will polish my crystals for megapulse lasers in eyes  :P

Halcyon

• Queen of Chocolate
  • Egger
  • Bewbs
« Reply #68 on: 11 Nov 2014, 11:50 »

Halcyon is far too nice for that sort of thing, but if she did, it would be Samira Kernher.
A Sebiestor who embraces a culture she rejected?
And who judges her for the way she dresses and behaves?

How dare she!

Aldrith Shutaq

• Fleet Captain
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #69 on: 11 Nov 2014, 11:53 »

Sami judgement best judgement.

Mizhara

• Prophet of New Eden
  • Demigod
  • The Truth will make ye Fret.
« Reply #70 on: 11 Nov 2014, 12:29 »

Can't think of a good nemesis really. A lot of people screwed with Miz over the years, but the only one who could be a nemesis have barely interacted with her. Samira's this really cool mirror image. Same upbringing. Same blood (largely). Same sense of not belonging in the Republic. Perfectly opposite standpoints. All the makings of a great set of comic book enemies.

And the closest thing Miz has to family, heh. Pity that.

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #71 on: 11 Nov 2014, 12:35 »

I took a break from lowsec pirate pew pew to spend a few weeks in FW once or twice; I remember hopping on amarr comms with Eran and co. fleets a few times.  Very odd environment. 

I think I remember it a bit different; he seemed to flip out and rage a lot over voice, but considering facwar comms are often crazy attempts at herding cats in the same direction and a lot of random nonsense I don't blame him :)

A good voice FC is smoooooth and cold as ice   :bear:   but we all have our preferences

Valadeus

« Reply #72 on: 11 Nov 2014, 13:04 »

Liam doesn't really have a nemesis... (yet). Though, I suspect, Pieter would be the closest thing he has at this time and their relationship is more of a mutually respectful disagreement of ideologies.

Malcolm's arch-nemesis...? He had two in his early days, both of which were overshadowed by one in his last days. His early days were definitely Tiberious Thessalonia (because Mal despised Sansha Kuvakei) and Milo Caman (because Anshar used to get all up in his kool-aid). His latter days were all Veikitamo (and to a lesser degree, Desiderya) whom he felt had betrayed him and stolen his corporation from under him using corporate manipulation and backstabbing.

Mitara Newelle

• Omelette
« Reply #73 on: 11 Nov 2014, 15:46 »

Guess I never posted in this, it's pretty easy -

Vincent Pryce.

No other person in all of New Eden will make Mit froth with utter hatred and loathing than Vince.
Section 3) Shitposting. "The cluster would be a much better place if all Amarrians were set on fire"

Karynn

« Reply #74 on: 11 Nov 2014, 16:45 »

This is a tricky one for Karynn as there isn't any one individual who she despises.

However, she percieves the Republic as the biggest threat to Thukker autonomy, and she can't stomach the thought of the Thukker settling down on equal terms with the other tribes, hence her dislike of Aeboul, Shakor and Republican loyalists.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8