Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The Sani Sabik sectarian law-enforcement organization is called the Bleeders, and is a combination of priests and policemen? (The Burning Life, p. 18)

Author Topic: Sociocrat Gala - What do you want to see?  (Read 1754 times)

Benjamin Shepherd

Sociocrat Gala - What do you want to see?
« on: 29 Apr 2011, 06:21 »

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1OIySEOtZyZQ1z2y2EI_uR4HQWBAxRoyzwmXAer0Xp7E/edit?hl=en

Just as the subject says. Me and Ken are preparing this with several guest speakers, discussions, and then our actual party platform.

What would you like to see, or what would interest your character?

Saede Riordan

• Immoral Compass
  • Demigod
  • Through the distorted lens I found a cure
    • All the cool hippies have tumblr
Re: Sociocrat Gala - What do you want to see?
« Reply #1 on: 29 Apr 2011, 06:34 »

What would you like to see

Terrorists going after targets of opportunity.  :twisted:
Personal Blog//Character Blog
A ship in harbour is safe, but that's not what ships are built for.

Vieve

« Reply #2 on: 29 Apr 2011, 07:29 »

Damn.  

Even though the Sociocrats might find it fortunate that none of my characters will be attending (particularly Sabi: because I think their being happy that a former donor made an appearance might be outweighed by, oh, her having been executed by the FIO for treason last year), I'll regret missing this shindig.

What would they like to see, if they were in attendance?  District-level discussions.  How the Sociocrats intend to represent and manage planetdweller response to capsuleer planetary development, and how they propose negotiating similar with capsuleers.  Public safety and security plans.  Infrastructure plans.  They're Miesian, for pete's sake.  Even PF backs me up on Miesians' being fans of infrastructure. ;)  

Casiella

• Demigod
  • Creation is so precious, and greed so destructive.
« Reply #3 on: 29 Apr 2011, 07:46 »

I'd like to hear more about the platform, of course, and also perhaps some appeals for capsuleer support.

In other words, my character (Gallente by birth even if registered with CONCORD as Minmatar due to an immigrant mother) would like to get further involved in politics. Based on what little I know, he'd lean toward the Sociocrats and/or the Unionists far more than the Progressives or U-Nats.

Andreus Ixiris

• Omelette
« Reply #4 on: 29 Apr 2011, 13:35 »

Lots of Federation roleplayers :P

Chowda

• Egger
« Reply #5 on: 29 Apr 2011, 21:53 »

One of my characters is a Progressor and would only attend the event if there was exotic entertainment. :)

In all seriousness, I have a character who is a young college grad with a mindful of mush - typical Sociocrat.  She'll attend if able.

As for what I'd like to see, I think it would be nice to have multiple special interest speakers first tell of a specific issue pulling at our heart strings, followed by a Federal government solution to that problem.    Maybe raising taxes on the most successful capsuleers to fund those solutions.  
« Last Edit: 29 Apr 2011, 22:00 by Chowda »

Kaleigh Doyle

« Reply #6 on: 29 Apr 2011, 22:22 »

I'd like to see capsuleers taking up specific causes as vocal benefactors for citizens in the Federation, be it animal rights, planetary environmentalism, anti-war, pro-war, immigration, religious tolerance, etc.

Capsuleers are supposed to be the glamorous beacons of hope for trillions of planetbound populace, and of all nations the Federation needs some heroes to bolster morale after getting their rear ends trounced. It'd be nice if they stood for something and tried to promote that amongst their peers. Maybe even create a meeting place in-game where they can mingle and such on a regular basis.

Akrasjel Lanate

• Omelette
« Reply #7 on: 30 Apr 2011, 03:17 »

Mentas Blaque  :roll:  :D :lol:

Isobel Mitar

• Egger
« Reply #8 on: 30 Apr 2011, 06:35 »

What would you like to see, or what would interest your character?

How about a time and schedule for the gala? A date only is kind of vague for players, even if a Gallente character might be into long parties...  :P

More seriously, were she to attend, my character would be interested in opportunities to socialize with "respectable" people, so a mix of program and "unscheduled" time for eating, dancing, socializing etc.

Benjamin Shepherd

« Reply #9 on: 30 Apr 2011, 07:03 »

Here's what I gathered:

• Nikita loves shooting shit
  • Focus on planetary affairs, while not attempting to create PF
  • Town hall-style questions, with answer from me or Ken
  • Emphasis on social issues that add diversity and immersion to the Federation mix

Scheduled events will be released on May 7th.

Ammentio Oinkelmar

• Egger
  • zombie
« Reply #10 on: 30 Apr 2011, 09:52 »

I would have liked to have see "entertainment" in the progressive Gala, like a choir, airshow or gladiators. This was the original reason why it was organized in space. Unfortunately I couldn't find interested RP performers, there wasn't enough time to hire pilots from a rookie system, and I didn't have the resources to do it all by myself, so this part of the plan was cancelled. After consulting some people, and an internal "vote," the original location was kept unchanged, probably because there was some hope in the air that someone might have been planning to provide us a scandalous, unforeseeable intervention.

So, what I meant to say is that it could be fun to see a performance of some sort.
« Last Edit: 30 Apr 2011, 09:59 by Ammentio Oinkelmar »