Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

One of the first ways to crack safe spots was to warp past the person and hope your bookmark landed you next to them?

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Did anyone else notice...  (Read 5540 times)

scagga

• Everything for Vaari
  • Pod Captain
Re: Did anyone else notice...
« Reply #45 on: 05 May 2013, 05:21 »

Bah, I currently have a job that means I only get to see my home computer at weekends - seems pretty difficult to fit the time demands of an MMO into a working schedule sadly. Add to that practical all the heroic free captains of the Fraction have grown up/got married/had kids/got busy etc etc and it does seem strange thinking how I could find a role in the actual in space game again even if I had the time.

Funny thing with eve though, it really is so singular a setting, and so unique in mechanics and vision, that there is no alternative on the horizon. It's just become something of a life experience one never really puts aside. Hence I'm always interested in what's happening in general and what schemes people are spinning and get the occasional evening like this one to randomly whore forum on my tablet in a hotel room ;)

That seems like a really accurate description of the game and the attitude people have toward it, even after they leave.

Myself, I've probably been more active in the last few years than I was at any time since maybe the first year or so I played. Hoping to get more active still here in a little while.  :D

You could always try a new character, Jade. Maybe a hard line Amarrian.  ;)

Indeed.  Same boat.  No time for games requiring dedication work>games etc.

Efforts expended being nostalgic and watching videos like this, reminiscing upon the times in EvE.

Wanoah

• Omelette
  • Sweating spinal fluid
    • Hello!
« Reply #46 on: 06 May 2013, 09:46 »

Nostalgia isn't what it used to be. (Etc. :P)

I can only echo the sentiment that there's nothing quite like Eve out there and that's partly why I check in places like this every so often just to see what's going on.

I almost downloaded the Eve client this weekend. I resisted the temptation. Anyways, I wouldn't have the time these days, and that is something that has sabotaged previous resub adventures. You do need to play quite a lot to get anything like a worthwhile experience out of Eve.
Nothing worth saying is inoffensive to everyone

Blog | Fiction

Shintoko Akahoshi

• Red Mom of War(?)
  • Pod Captain
  • Red Mom of War!
« Reply #47 on: 06 May 2013, 10:50 »

I dunno, Wanoah. I've been getting a kick out of FW lately. I can only play a couple of evenings a week, so that lets me get some fun frigate PVP in without having to make a serious time commitment to it.

Graelyn

• Ye Olde One
  • Veteran
  • These things just seem to happen...
« Reply #48 on: 06 May 2013, 11:27 »

*Pokes his head in*

Bitter vet you say? I finally belong somewhere. :cube:

Awwww shit ya'll!

If we can hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!

Gottii

• A Booty-full Mind
  • Veteran
« Reply #49 on: 06 May 2013, 12:28 »

Bitter vets were so much more bitter and vety back in the day....
"Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'"
― Isaac Asimov

GoGo Yubari

• Omelette
« Reply #50 on: 06 May 2013, 16:22 »

I almost downloaded the Eve client this weekend. I resisted the temptation. Anyways, I wouldn't have the time these days, and that is something that has sabotaged previous resub adventures. You do need to play quite a lot to get anything like a worthwhile experience out of Eve.

Yeah, I've been thinking of downloading it and at some point in the near-ish future I will just to check up on the new stuff and get a feel for things. My return will probably be short-lived, but there's the off-chance what I see might inspire me so I'll probably want to give that chance.

The point about the time investment required to get to the really good stuff is valid, though. It's also difficult to find a serious PvP squad which would be open to a more casual engagement schedule... and not getting into a serious group will probably lead to me just getting out that much faster. Conundrum.

Jade Constantine

• Anarchist Adventurer
  • Omelette
  • Nothing ever burns down by itself
    • The Star Fraction Communications Portal
« Reply #51 on: 06 May 2013, 17:07 »

Yeah, I've been thinking of downloading it and at some point in the near-ish future I will just to check up on the new stuff and get a feel for things. My return will probably be short-lived, but there's the off-chance what I see might inspire me so I'll probably want to give that chance.

The point about the time investment required to get to the really good stuff is valid, though. It's also difficult to find a serious PvP squad which would be open to a more casual engagement schedule... and not getting into a serious group will probably lead to me just getting out that much faster. Conundrum.

Imagine the hilariously inept (yet deeply stylish) fiascos we could create with an returning vet roleplay pvp corp trying to learn how to play the game again post tiericide and whatever else new-fangled nonsense is getting into the client these days ...

Though uniting dozens of disparate political views, outlooks and biases might take more work than relearning basic combat techniques ;)

There are some arenas so corrupt that the only clean acts possible are nihilistic

GoGo Yubari

• Omelette
« Reply #52 on: 06 May 2013, 18:49 »

Imagine the hilariously inept (yet deeply stylish) fiascos we could create with an returning vet roleplay pvp corp trying to learn how to play the game again post tiericide and whatever else new-fangled nonsense is getting into the client these days ...

Though uniting dozens of disparate political views, outlooks and biases might take more work than relearning basic combat techniques ;)

We could just be the transcendent ancients of the capsuleer community, so far removed from notions understandable to normal denizens as to be incomprehensible.

"Politics? Memes in pretty little boxes and synapses firing based on strings of letters with agreed upon arbitrary meanings! You're still into that? How quaint. So, what's a Micro Jump Drive anyway?"
/sipsjoviantea

Saikoyu

• Omelette
« Reply #53 on: 06 May 2013, 19:28 »

Evadna gods damn Charr is back Stecker. You have no excuse >:|

Evanda Char? :O

Evanda is back?  Seriously?  Damn.  Sai had unresolved business with her.

Anyway, I'm bitter, just not about eve, and I probably could qualify as a vet.  And the resub button is calling to me...

Sepherim

• Omelette
  • Too fucking serious for himself... or not
    • The Chronicles of Sepherim Catillah
« Reply #54 on: 06 May 2013, 20:41 »

We could just be the transcendent ancients of the capsuleer community, so far removed from notions understandable to normal denizens as to be incomprehensible.

"Politics? Memes in pretty little boxes and synapses firing based on strings of letters with agreed upon arbitrary meanings! You're still into that? How quaint. So, what's a Micro Jump Drive anyway?"
/sipsjoviantea

Love the idea! :D

Mebrithiel

• My main is my falcon alt ♥
  • Egger
  • A wild Meb approaches!
    • Blood Inquisition
« Reply #55 on: 07 May 2013, 05:32 »

I even saw Mebrithiel Ju'wein yesterday.

How cool is that?

True Story.  :cube:

Shintoko Akahoshi

• Red Mom of War(?)
  • Pod Captain
  • Red Mom of War!
« Reply #56 on: 07 May 2013, 16:12 »

It's amusing, to say the least. On the plus side, I'm in a Breacher again. On the minus side, my pvp efficiency is down around the 50% mark...  :bear:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]