Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That not all slaves are subjected to the Vitoc treatment?  Read more about the Vitoc method here.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10

Author Topic: Color me surprised  (Read 15401 times)

kalaratiri

• Kalalalaakiota
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
  • Shes mad but shes magic, theres no lie in her fire
Re: Color me surprised
« Reply #15 on: 29 Mar 2012, 05:03 »

This story made me grin. The banning thing, obviously.

And no, CCP didn't trash 10k votes. Mittens did. Tough break, they should have voted for someone who would have been more responsible.
But he resigned from the Chairman position, he still is/will be in CSM so those votes arent waisted ?

Not quite, he resigned from the chairman position himself, and then CCP removed him from the CSM as per
He has also resigned from his position as Chairman of CSM 6 and has forfeited his right to serve on CSM 7
from the second dev blog.

"Eve roleplayers scare me." - The Mittani

Desiderya

« Reply #16 on: 29 Mar 2012, 06:26 »

This is utterly moronic by CCP.  EULA applies outside of game now!

Waiting for my ban for impersonating Mittani at fanfest, which is also against the EULA if done in-game.
Load of BS, and you know it.
Besides, CCP has every right to simply ban you without giving any reason. It's their house.

About what Mittens did: It's more than just calling out to harass a player, it was literally "And if you want to make him kill himself, that's his name", but that's covered in the devblogs.
I've got respect for him that he wrote an apology and stepped down on his own accord, and maybe that's why he's so damn lucky that the ban is just for 30 days.
Loosing the chairman position is a must, but I'm not so sold about loosing the CSM7 position. On the other hand he can run for CSM8 again.

Unpleasant decisions for everyone involved, I guess.

All the drama about "Fanfest 2013 will be boring now" is absurd, too.

Mizhara

• Prophet of New Eden
  • Demigod
  • The Truth will make ye Fret.
« Reply #17 on: 29 Mar 2012, 07:52 »

In a lot of countries, including my own, Mittani's action was a crime. A 30 day ban is worthless. The apology is quite simply not sincere. No one takes a 180 degree turn like that entirely out of the blue. He saw the potential consequences of his actions and started doing damage control. He should have been banned for life and charges should have been made.

"Unclassy in fanfest" being a bannable offense is something I would be against too. Being a criminal at fanfest should be a permaban offense.

Ah well, it just confirms that goons are weaponsgrade douchebottles whether they're at the bottom or the top of the pyramid.

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #18 on: 29 Mar 2012, 07:56 »

Unclassy at fanfest, now a bannable offense in game!

Hell one of my corpmates vomited violently and repeatedly in the hot tub on our floor.  Classy indeed!

It's all about context, Bach.  :)

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
« Reply #19 on: 29 Mar 2012, 08:15 »

Ah well, it just confirms that goons are weaponsgrade douchebottles whether they're at the bottom or the top of the pyramid.

Anyone who needs confirmation of this is either blind, deaf and dumb, or not paying attention, tbh. At least sometimes the douchebottle-ness is funny. Raining penises in Second Life, anyone? :lol:

Also, it's amusingly ironic that this mess has turned the so-called "victim" into even more of a target than before.
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.

kalaratiri

• Kalalalaakiota
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
  • Shes mad but shes magic, theres no lie in her fire
« Reply #20 on: 29 Mar 2012, 09:04 »

Also, it's amusingly ironic that this mess has turned the so-called "victim" into even more of a target than before.

From what I've seen/read the victim is surprisingly apathetic about the whole thing. He just doesn't seem that bothered. He's also gained 10.7bill in reparations from the Mittani's wallet. Of course, isk doesn't make it better obviously, but the victim has accepted the apology and now just seems to want everyone to stop making such a fuss.

"Eve roleplayers scare me." - The Mittani

BloodBird

• Intaki Still-Rager
  • Veteran
  • The untraditional traditionalist
« Reply #21 on: 29 Mar 2012, 10:20 »

In a lot of countries, including my own, Mittani's action was a crime. A 30 day ban is worthless. The apology is quite simply not sincere. No one takes a 180 degree turn like that entirely out of the blue. He saw the potential consequences of his actions and started doing damage control. He should have been banned for life and charges should have been made.

"Unclassy in fanfest" being a bannable offense is something I would be against too. Being a criminal at fanfest should be a permaban offense.

This, pretty much. 30 days isn't punishment at all for that he did. About a month worth of play time denied, wow, how will he cope?

The ONLY good thing about this is that the one person on the CSM who really should not be there is not there anymore. Let's hope he will be barred from the CSM forever onwards, then we can all breathe easier for EVE's sake.

Mizhara

• Prophet of New Eden
  • Demigod
« Reply #22 on: 29 Mar 2012, 10:51 »

This thing has made the forums kind of funnier though. Goons crying everywhere.

BloodBird

• Intaki Still-Rager
  • Veteran
  • The untraditional traditionalist
« Reply #23 on: 29 Mar 2012, 10:57 »

Only funny because they never seemed to realize their assholery could have repercussions and now that it did they are all hurt and offended by it. What a shame.

Matariki Rain

• Sweet, gentle Mata
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #24 on: 29 Mar 2012, 11:07 »

Goons complaining that they're feeling griefed does have have a certain schadenfreude to it...

Vendrin

• Clonejack
« Reply #25 on: 29 Mar 2012, 11:13 »

The ONLY good thing about this is that the one person on the CSM who really should not be there is not there anymore. Let's hope he will be barred from the CSM forever onwards, then we can all breathe easier for EVE's sake.

BS. Mittani was a douche, but the CSM was better with him then without him.

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
« Reply #26 on: 29 Mar 2012, 11:17 »

Goons complaining that they're feeling griefed does have have a certain schadenfreude to it...

*cough*

I was just thinking this morning, that this would be one of a handful of songs that describes EVE in a nutshell. :lol:

Also, I agree with Vendrin here - as much as I hate the heavy nullsec bias on the CSM, he did do a lot of good work over the past year.
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.

Mizhara

• Prophet of New Eden
  • Demigod
« Reply #27 on: 29 Mar 2012, 11:19 »

How exactly is the CSM better with a sociopathic criminal on it? This isn't even hyperbole. He's shown several sociopathic tendencies and his actions are illegal in quite a few civilized countries.

Merdaneth

• Pod Captain
« Reply #28 on: 29 Mar 2012, 11:32 »

This is utterly moronic by CCP.  EULA applies outside of game now

Of course it does, always has. Any action you take outside the game for the purpose of, or having the effect of, breaching the EULA in-game will be stamped down upon.

This includes targeted griefing, trying to crash the servers, RMT, posting exploits etc. If really want to do such stuff, you'd better cover your tracks so that can't be traced back to your character....

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #29 on: 29 Mar 2012, 11:33 »

How exactly is the CSM better with a sociopathic criminal on it? This isn't even hyperbole. He's shown several sociopathic tendencies and his actions are illegal in quite a few civilized countries.

I think that's a bit much. I'll just stick with 'immature.'
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10