Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

that the Society for the Conservation of State Traditions is a fiercly nationalistic Caldari lobbyist organization that unleashed a scathing rebuke of PIE Inc. pilot Kostantin Mort in late YC106.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8

Author Topic: SISI NAO!  (Read 18610 times)

Bacchanalian

• Omelette
Re: SISI NAO!
« Reply #15 on: 04 Nov 2011, 12:48 »

Federation Navy Comet now bears a Federation Navy Camo scheme.

HOWEVER

Gallente Customs frigates (using Comet shiptype) now flies with white paint, red/blue police blinkers, a cylon looking 'scanning eye', and G.P.D. on the side.

God damnit.  That ruins our cop car fleets. 

lallara zhuul

• Now with rainbows and butterflies.
  • Veteran
« Reply #17 on: 04 Nov 2011, 13:28 »

Exactly, its all very pretty.

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

Crucifire

« Reply #18 on: 04 Nov 2011, 14:21 »

This looks better than walking in a station.

BloodBird

• Intaki Still-Rager
  • Veteran
  • The untraditional traditionalist
« Reply #19 on: 04 Nov 2011, 14:36 »

It's a game about spaceships and stuff, after all.

Helen Ohmiras

« Reply #20 on: 04 Nov 2011, 15:11 »

I can't wait to see all this stuff on my new computer.  :cube:

Thansoli

• Republic Loyalist
  • Clonejack
  • [LUTI]<-EM->
« Reply #21 on: 04 Nov 2011, 15:13 »

This is looking pretty :

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v605/verone3784/myrmidon/75441ea5.jpg

Yeah... that's totally going in to the 'Wallpaper' folder. I think I need to update my Sisi install now. Does anybody know when the data mirror was last updated?

Ghost Hunter

• Sansha's True Citizen ; TS-F Overseer
  • The Mods
  • Veteran
  • True Power without limit!
« Reply #22 on: 04 Nov 2011, 15:16 »

Pool of Radiance

expected more rainbows tbh
Ghost > So yes, she was Ghost's husband-
Ashar > So Ghost was a gay Caldari and she went through tranny surgery
Ghost > Wait what?
Ashar > Ghosts husband.
Ghost > No she was - Oh god damnit.

He ate all of them
We Form Moderation
For Nation

Julianus Soter

• Pod Captain
« Reply #23 on: 04 Nov 2011, 15:19 »

Pool of Radiance

expected more rainbows tbh

Perfect mix of sinister wonderment

Andreus Ixiris

• Omelette
« Reply #24 on: 04 Nov 2011, 15:31 »

Nebulae are very pretty and all, but there is some very serious wonkiness caused by only having one backdrop per region that CCP really, really, really, really, really, really, REALLY need to fix. If you need an example of what I mean, do the Jita-Paala run. This crosses 15 systems and 10 light years of space, but there are no region jumps - you stay in The Forge throughout, and the backdrop doesn't change at all. This is wonky.

Also, the way the backdrops in every system point in precisely the same direction means I can't get a sense of which direction my ship is really travelling. For instance, once you've done the Jita-Paala run and are in Paala, notice that the gate to LXQ2-T is on the side of the system towards the big blue nebula that is the rest of Caldari space, while the Uemon gate (which leads to a system deeper into Caldari space) points towards a swirly sand-coloured nebula whose positioning I haven't identified yet. This, in combination with the fact that the nebula don't appear on the map, means I can't really get any real sense of where I am.

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
« Reply #25 on: 04 Nov 2011, 15:48 »

Also, the way the backdrops in every system point in precisely the same direction means I can't get a sense of which direction my ship is really travelling. For instance, once you've done the Jita-Paala run and are in Paala, notice that the gate to LXQ2-T is on the side of the system towards the big blue nebula that is the rest of Caldari space, while the Uemon gate (which leads to a system deeper into Caldari space) points towards a swirly sand-coloured nebula whose positioning I haven't identified yet. This, in combination with the fact that the nebula don't appear on the map, means I can't really get any real sense of where I am.

I did a run from Amarr to Kihtaled on Sisi earlier, and ran into the same issue even with a couple region crossings (Domain > Tash-Murkon > Khanid). It's very difficult to get a sense of which way you're moving, but I'm not sure how easy it would be for CCP to fix this - I don't think stargates are positioned in any particular way that is relative to where they jump to, judging by the unflattened map.

If they could fix it so that it seemed to mesh together better (static starmaps, with dynamically rendered nebulae/landmarks rather than static background, period), that'd be awesome, but... not likely in the short term.
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.

Milo Caman

• Guerilla Gardener
  • Pod Captain
    • Out of Sinq
« Reply #26 on: 04 Nov 2011, 18:11 »

>Loaded SiSi up this morning
>Logged on, undocked in Duvolle-branded Taranis
>Had to change underwear
>Used a stargate, saw new liquid cloaking effect
>Had to change underwear again.

Some of the model changes are weird as well. Ishkur appears to have lost it's wibbles, and a lot of the Gallente T2 stuff seems to be reskinned T1 with a logo now. Hope that doesn't stick. Love what they've done with the Phobos though.

Julianus Soter

• Pod Captain
« Reply #27 on: 04 Nov 2011, 19:15 »

wtb video of new cloaking effects

Katrina Oniseki

• The Iron Lady
  • Demigod
  • Caldari - Deteis - Tube Child
« Reply #28 on: 04 Nov 2011, 20:00 »

>Loaded SiSi up this morning
>Logged on, undocked in Duvolle-branded Taranis
>Had to change underwear
>Used a stargate, saw new liquid cloaking effect
>Had to change underwear again.

Some of the model changes are weird as well. Ishkur appears to have lost it's wibbles, and a lot of the Gallente T2 stuff seems to be reskinned T1 with a logo now. Hope that doesn't stick. Love what they've done with the Phobos though.

Confirmed bug. Will be fixed.

orange

• Dex 1.0
  • Veteran
« Reply #29 on: 04 Nov 2011, 20:08 »

Nebulae are very pretty and all, but there is some very serious wonkiness caused by only having one backdrop per region that CCP really, really, really, really, really, really, REALLY need to fix. If you need an example of what I mean, do the Jita-Paala run. This crosses 15 systems and 10 light years of space, but there are no region jumps - you stay in The Forge throughout, and the backdrop doesn't change at all. This is wonky.

For there to be only 1 deg of change in the position of a large object, like a distant nebulae, with 10 light years (ly) of difference between two observation points the large object only has to be 572.9 ly away.  (see definition of a Parsec for the basic math I used)  The closest Nebula to Earth is the Orion Nebula and we would have to travel almost 24 ly before it would move 1 deg in the sky.  (if I messed up the math somewhere, let me know!)

So, it is actually not "wonky" at all for you to travel 10 light years and not have the background change significantly.

I have not played with the new backgrounds at all, but not being able to see same object(s) from two systems in neighboring regions only a few light years apart is "wonky."  There are potential work arounds, like you are within an object in one region and not in the other, but then it should fill the sky when you are close.

It very much depends on the distance of the background object from your observation positions.

How dynamic do you want the system to be?

Are you interested in the planets, moons, and man-made objects orbiting their star?

Do the "physics" of wormhole/gate technology require you to be pointed in a particular direction?  Or is system location more important - like being at a gravitational resonance position?

(The above is not just to Andreus, but everyone & anyone)
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8