Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That "because of Falcon" is passé?

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 15

Author Topic: Redux: Can you expect safety in Eve, as RPers?  (Read 30800 times)

Samira Kernher

• Soulless Puppet
  • Veteran
  • Ardishapur Victor
Re: Redux: Can you expect safety in Eve, as RPers?
« Reply #120 on: 20 Oct 2018, 13:01 »

Implied pretty heavily during today's presentation that this thing about structures remains in their thinking for the permanent war dec solution.

MakotoPriano

• Wetgraver
« Reply #121 on: 20 Oct 2018, 13:40 »

Though they also indicated that they don't want to touch mutual wars, and that they're very open to suggestions.

Mizhara

• Prophet of New Eden
  • Demigod
  • The Truth will make ye Fret.
« Reply #122 on: 21 Oct 2018, 00:12 »

Great game design and a necessary change! The super blobs must be able to cross New Eden in ten minutes max!

- CSM, it seems.

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #123 on: 21 Oct 2018, 15:19 »

Weren't the player stargates supposed to take people to new uncharted k space systems originally?

I'm not sure what this does as there are plenty of other ways to move from A to B already? 

I thought the new stargates were going to be these huge expensive megastructures to send out explorers to new systems?

Louella Dougans

• \o/
  • Demigod
  • \o/
« Reply #124 on: 21 Oct 2018, 15:24 »

Weren't the player stargates supposed to take people to new uncharted k space systems originally?

I'm not sure what this does as there are plenty of other ways to move from A to B already? 

I thought the new stargates were going to be these huge expensive megastructures to send out explorers to new systems?

these are probably part of the plan to replace the existing jump bridges and stuff. So that there's then nothing left that's tied to the POS, which will then be completely withdrawn from service.
\o/

Mizhara

• Prophet of New Eden
  • Demigod
« Reply #125 on: 21 Oct 2018, 16:57 »

Yeah, these are basically the new jump bridges and part of the plan to be rid of POSes and POS code entirely. Which is fine, I mean if you live and hold space you should get to construct some logistics around that stuff. Allowing the biggest super blobbers (i.e. the people who can afford to spread those gates far and wide) in New Eden to fatigue free rush across the maps again? That's just... a really bad call.

MakotoPriano

• Wetgraver
« Reply #126 on: 21 Oct 2018, 21:22 »

I wonder how much fuel it'll take to jump supers via these gates. If it's significantly more expensive than using a jump drive, that might be a thing.

Louella Dougans

• \o/
  • Demigod
  • \o/
« Reply #127 on: 21 Oct 2018, 23:10 »

Yeah, these are basically the new jump bridges and part of the plan to be rid of POSes and POS code entirely. Which is fine, I mean if you live and hold space you should get to construct some logistics around that stuff. Allowing the biggest super blobbers (i.e. the people who can afford to spread those gates far and wide) in New Eden to fatigue free rush across the maps again? That's just... a really bad call.

Only 1 per system though, it says.

So you can fatigue-free jump from A to B, but to then get to C, requires a normal jump, causing fatigue ?
\o/

kalaratiri

• Kalalalaakiota
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
  • Shes mad but shes magic, theres no lie in her fire
« Reply #128 on: 22 Oct 2018, 02:28 »

I wonder how much fuel it'll take to jump supers via these gates. If it's significantly more expensive than using a jump drive, that might be a thing.

Price isn't a limiting factor, but sheer volume might be. If it takes 75% of the gate's total fuel bay to jump a titan through it, you'll need multiple frieghters sitting on each gate shovelling fuel in to move even a mid-sized titan fleet that way.

"Eve roleplayers scare me." - The Mittani

kalaratiri

• Kalalalaakiota
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
« Reply #129 on: 22 Oct 2018, 02:30 »

So you can fatigue-free jump from A to B, but to then get to C, requires a normal jump, causing fatigue ?

Alternatively, bridge-gate, NPC gate, bridge-gate, NPC gate, bridge-gate, cyno jump. You'll still take fatigue jumping to cynos, and you'll be vulnerable to interdiction travelling between any gate, player or NPC.

Louella Dougans

• \o/
  • Demigod
  • \o/
« Reply #130 on: 22 Oct 2018, 11:17 »

Alternatively, bridge-gate, NPC gate, bridge-gate, NPC gate, bridge-gate, cyno jump. You'll still take fatigue jumping to cynos, and you'll be vulnerable to interdiction travelling between any gate, player or NPC.

Oh right, all the capital ships can use stargates now, can't they ?
\o/

kalaratiri

• Kalalalaakiota
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
« Reply #131 on: 22 Oct 2018, 12:01 »

They can, yes.

Mizhara

• Prophet of New Eden
  • Demigod
« Reply #132 on: 22 Oct 2018, 13:11 »

Which basically means nothing to the huge blocs. When your titan blobs count in the several hundreds, you aren't going to have much trouble organizing a few freighters per gate, nor is the cost going to be particularly bothersome. You don't even need to take titans, or even supers entirely into account either. This will let these already giant entities deploy normal capitals - dreads, carriers, faxes - fatigue free throughout New Eden in next to no time.

The logical conclusion to the way these gates are designed is that the big entities will be able to drop in on any mid to large size fight. If it causes tidi, they'll have plenty of time to drop in.

... so the fights will stop happening, if they're not under the friendly super umbrellas, or are small and inconsequential.

I thought they were tinfoiling earlier on /r/eve , but the more I see, the more it does look like they're trying to Serenityfy TQ, largely splitting New Eden up between a very few super coalitions making space "safe" and the same approach to Hisec becoming "safe". They just want the steady bear subs milked.

kalaratiri

• Kalalalaakiota
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
« Reply #133 on: 25 Oct 2018, 18:27 »

For the record, this has now been changed. The gates are mass limited, nothing larger than a normal capital will be able to fit.

Louella Dougans

• \o/
  • Demigod
  • \o/
« Reply #134 on: 06 Dec 2018, 11:41 »

I saw that they've put in a mechanic to reject structure transfers.

So no transferring structures to a corp you want to beat up on.

And mutual wars continue even after any structures are destroyed.

So, a bit more interesting, I think, no ?
\o/
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 15