Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Re-Awakened Technologies Inc is a Minmatar Republic loyalist corporation? Read more here

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: fanfest. eve keynote.  (Read 2340 times)

Rok-Yuni

• Egger
fanfest. eve keynote.
« on: 07 May 2013, 07:38 »

did anyone else notice the reference to capsuleers taking control of the space that 'used to be controlled by the empires' in that there speech...

ties in well with the 'origins' trailer where the empires appear to lose a hell of a lot of ground...

it would seem that somewhat hefty changes to the socio-political environment of the cluster are inbound.

Eyes to the horizon peeps. this could get messy.

Anslol

Re: fanfest. eve keynote.
« Reply #1 on: 07 May 2013, 08:45 »

If high-sec starts shrinking, people will scream bloody murder. I don't think it'll be happening any time soon.

Myyona

• Spilling beans
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #2 on: 07 May 2013, 08:54 »

Translation: "used to be controlled by the empires" means game mechanics that either does not exist or is NPC run. "capsuleers taking control" means that they will implement said game mechanics for players to use.

While it could be true, I doubt the CONCORD response is something players should be able to control. But perhaps custom duties could be a thing.
« Last Edit: 07 May 2013, 08:57 by Myyona »
EVE Online Lorebook at eve-inspiracy.com

Makkal

• Pod Captain
  • Khanid victor
    • At the End of Your Journey
« Reply #3 on: 07 May 2013, 10:47 »

If high-sec starts shrinking, people will scream bloody murder. I don't think it'll be happening any time soon.
Isn't low-sec also empire territory?
Ask not the sparrow how the eagle soars!

Current Events

Sepherim

• Omelette
  • Too fucking serious for himself... or not
    • The Chronicles of Sepherim Catillah
« Reply #4 on: 07 May 2013, 11:41 »

Translation: "used to be controlled by the empires" means game mechanics that either does not exist or is NPC run. "capsuleers taking control" means that they will implement said game mechanics for players to use.

While it could be true, I doubt the CONCORD response is something players should be able to control. But perhaps custom duties could be a thing.

Maybe they're planning to introduce something akin to the Prince figure they are planning fr WoD, where players get access to certain powers in specific regions.

Rok-Yuni

• Egger
« Reply #5 on: 07 May 2013, 13:34 »

The CCP dev in question (seagull iirc) talked about capsuleers taking control of former empire space...

She mentioned both high and low sec in this speech...
She also mentioned building (rebuilding?) infrastructure, including possibly stargates....

I'm going back to listen to her speech again and will post a timestamp and link as soon as i find it.

EDIT.

http://www.twitch.tv/ccp/c/2208288
Soundwave and seagull's presentation starts at about 56:00 ... seagull's bit is the second half of their joint presentation, but you'll like the part soundwave shows too :)

EDIT 2.
takes until around 1:24:00 for seagull to get to the potentially messy part.
« Last Edit: 07 May 2013, 14:19 by Rok-Yuni »

Sakura Nihil

• Egger
  • Glory
« Reply #6 on: 07 May 2013, 15:24 »

Change is (usually) good.

Rok-Yuni

• Egger
« Reply #7 on: 07 May 2013, 15:44 »

for those who can't be bothered to trawl through twitch.tv 's HORRIFIC speed.. (CCP give us Youtube versions of these videos PLEASE) i have written the part of seagull's presentation that interested me the most below:

After showing some of the fun things coming in odyssey seagull asks us to think beyond the current limitations of eve as it stands today, and instead think about the future.
-----------------------------------------------------

think about space colonization.
think about the space scale construction required to make it happen.
think about building things.
think about destroying things.
think about the rise of the capsuleers, taking over what the empires used to control.
Imagine what you want to build in eve online, from missiles to an empire.
Imagine your corp flying it's own colours.
Imagine the might of your alliance used to build up whole areas of space.
Think about raiding and stealing from your enemies.
Think about all the opportunities for crafty capsuleers to make money and fame in this new era of colonization.
Think about home, what that means to you, then think about what lies beyond the known, if only you could construct the right kind of stargate.

(at 1:25:55 an image of an under-construction stargate appears)

and join us in this journey over the next several expansions to eve online, starting with winter 2013.
That is our vision for eve online.
----------------------------------

it seems that the empires are going to shrink, but high/low/null space will probably remain the same.
This will allow the planetary conquest (that they have stated will occur in all 3 security bands) to happen and allow corporations to own both planets and systems within all 3 bands.
The empires are likely going to shrink, potentially moving apart as the Capsuleers and Mercs finally reach the point where they've had enough of the current upheavals going on throughout the empires.

if this does happen i can see CONCORD retaining it's current job, but working with the capsuleers to police the inter-empire buffer zone....

so yeah... eyes to the horizon :)

-Rok

Lyn Farel

« Reply #8 on: 07 May 2013, 16:54 »

Puts Matsi Raish speech in a new light for me if that's true.

Wanoah

• Omelette
  • Sweating spinal fluid
    • Hello!
« Reply #9 on: 10 May 2013, 17:12 »

This sounds like a step in the right direction.

I always dreamed of all (except maybe school systems) systems having dynamic security status - a downtime recalculation based on the amount of mayhem the previous day. All those systems so beloved of mission runners would then steadily head downwards towards being low security while quiet backwaters would become safer. Of course, it would probably be unacceptable for certain core systems to actually become low sec - this would offer up opportunities for events to take place to redress the balance and some simple eye candy to illustrate an increased naval presence.
Nothing worth saying is inoffensive to everyone

Blog | Fiction

Rok-Yuni

• Egger
« Reply #10 on: 10 May 2013, 19:46 »

personally i think it would be better the other way...

the systems that are heavily defended by capsuleers (mission runners killing off the rats) having higher security status, and those that are unused and neglected by the capsuleers having their sec status dropping as time passes.

perhaps i just use too much of that whole logic thing though :P

-Rok

Creep

• Omelette
« Reply #11 on: 10 May 2013, 20:21 »

personally i think it would be better the other way...

the systems that are heavily defended by capsuleers (mission runners killing off the rats) having higher security status, and those that are unused and neglected by the capsuleers having their sec status dropping as time passes.

perhaps i just use too much of that whole logic thing though :P

-Rok
Sec Status has to do with Navy and CONCORD presence and response. Egger Mercs having to be called in to clear up some non-podder pirates sounds like the Navy has budget-cuts in those systems, and CONCORD being unable to wtfpwn them due to their own limitations in those areas.

Besides which, from a game-health point of view, your idea would be a cancer to the Lowsec population (though, not any different really from CCP removing 2/10's from Lowsec, which has proven the point).

Davlos

• Egger
  • Purveyor of Horrible Images
« Reply #12 on: 11 May 2013, 09:14 »

Hisec definitely needs shrinking.

Shintoko Akahoshi

• Red Mom of War(?)
  • Pod Captain
  • Red Mom of War!
« Reply #13 on: 13 May 2013, 12:28 »

You would say that, Davlos  :twisted:

Wanoah

• Omelette
  • Sweating spinal fluid
    • Hello!
« Reply #14 on: 14 May 2013, 06:52 »

Hisec definitely needs shrinking.

This.

Eve was never hard enough after about 2004.
Nothing worth saying is inoffensive to everyone

Blog | Fiction
Pages: [1] 2