Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That the higher levels of space stations are restricted to the elite, with capsuleers occupying the very top decks? (The Burning life p. 73)

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Help dealing with characters who don't fit in the EVE universe.  (Read 2423 times)

Wanoah

• Omelette
  • Sweating spinal fluid
    • Hello!

Does anyone else remember those BSG RPers a few years back?

Yes! And the response was fun, although some people disagreed. :D

Nothing worth saying is inoffensive to everyone

Blog | Fiction

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod

I had a chat with Esna last night and I also know the other party OOC.  I think the issues are absolutely navigable and need not ruin anybody's day with a bit of common ground and minor detail changes. 

Basically one person is basing a lot of their current character relationships on some potentially dicey propositions that we'd have to find out more about.

I think this would actually be a super thread to have a nice, RATIONAL, discussion about the specific issues but I'm not going to out anyone, if Esna wants I can speak to them and see if they wanna hash it out via our nerd court of public opinion?

Gottii

• A Booty-full Mind
  • Veteran

Sorry for off topic, but why does Esnarem sound so evil?

Because it is.
"Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'"
― Isaac Asimov

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod

I talked to both sides, seems like some mixups of IC and OOC.

Without getting into specifics it seems it would be far, far easier to just let it go, Esna. Let them have their end of the pool, you stay on your end, and that might just work best.

I think some of the claims you are making about their actions aren't quite supported, and the person you are concerned with has pretty decent IC explinations for some of the things you are taking issue with, at least enough that it might be best to just leave it be? This seems certainly NOT a case of 'someone who doesn't fit in the eve universe" after speaking with them about the things you are concerned with.

Also they are stating you've done some not-fun things on your side as well.

I'm not taking sides but I don't see any benefit to continuing for you all to interact.

I don't see their claims as being particularly game-breaking or strange at all, although this is only from speaking with them for about 15 minutes on the topic. They had decent answers for most everything I brought up from the devil's advocate point of view.

My 2 cents, and I'm happy to elaborate as Esna would like here or privately.

Silver Night

• Admin
  • Demigod
  • Elitist Oldtimer

[mod]I'd like to make a bit of a clarification here: It's perfectly fine to discuss and request advice for a non-specific scenario: 'I sometimes run into x and how would you handle it?' This is not the place for people with a dispute to publicly hash out their differences - that is something generally better handled in private unless there is a very compelling reason to drag it out into the public realm (and showing everyone how the other person is terrible is not a compelling reason).I've had an eye on this thread, because I'm aware that scenario 1 can easily be trolling disguised as a request for advice, but from what I've seen a useful discussion has been had for the most part. If anyone feels differently, they can follow the proper channels and use the report button, and explain why they feel differently. Please note that that won't guarantee action, but we do review every report.[/mod]
Pages: 1 [2]