Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That PIE has been at war with enemies of the empire ever since its foundation?

Author Topic: Tech4 News Wants New Submissions  (Read 1916 times)

Seismic Stan

• Clonejack
Tech4 News Wants New Submissions
« on: 03 Jan 2012, 12:27 »

Hello folks

Encouraged by Nmaro Makari's post about The News [http://backstage.eve-inspiracy.com/index.php?PHPSESSID=fd4c035347109a314070cd99e72980f2&topic=2990.0], I'm hoping to solicit help from any willing contributors for the Tech4 project.

Some Background

The Tech4 project was set up in Summer 2011 after an impromptu meeting between CCP Dropbear, myself and Kyle/Iurnan Mileghere (of the currently inactive Ecliptic Rift blog) whilst attending EVE Vegas.

The main concept behind Tech4 was to provide an entertaining and accessible introduction to the main themes of EVE lore (starting with Dropbear's Arek'Jaalan Project) and to provide a doorway into the roleplaying side of EVE Online for both the casual EVE player and general sci-fi enthusiasts.

So the idea was born of a group of lowly non-capsuleers attempting to report on the machinations of their far more powerful capsuleer "overlords". After all, New Eden is populated by trillions of normal citizens and they need news too.

The non-capsuleer approach gave us licence to approach old EVE lore afresh, to be a bit sensationalist, to get things wrong and be "Chicken Little" about these warmongering demigods. It was light tabloid journalism for baseliners and a fun accessible content for non-roleplayers and even non EVE-players.

The focus was to be an in-character podcast with immersive content and high production values. So with three of the best voices in the EVE podcasting on board, Angus McDecoy (Fly Reckless), Arydanika (Voices From the Void) and Erin Anwynn (NotalotofNews Newshour), I wrote the first script, the ball started rolling and things have been going from strength to strength.

Tech4 and You

It is clear there is a demand for RP journalism supporting and entertaining the roleplaying community. There is an opportunity to expand on the content of the website beyond the occasional fluff story as we've been doing thus far.

Kirith Kodachi (Inner Sanctum of the Ninveah blogger, EVE Tribune Editor) has already volunteered to help us in an editorial role and we'll be looking for any and all creative sci-fi journalism that fits the Tech4 brand.

This could be anything from the amusingly irrelevant (eg. a review of the latest Planetary Vehicle, an expose of imitation Quafe manufacture at a deadspace complex) to more player or game-driven pieces (faction warfare politics, a capsuleer interview, a tech focus on hybrid weapon systems).

Ultimately, the purpose is to entertain and inform. See and hear what we've done so far at the Tech4 site. [http://tech4news.org/]

If you'd like to contribute, please contact me at seismic.stan@gmail.com or Kirith Kodachi at kkodachi@gmail.com

« Last Edit: 26 Jan 2012, 15:13 by Seismic Stan »

Tiberious Thessalonia

• Everyone's favorite philositoaster
  • Pod Captain
  • Panini Press
Re: Tech4 News Contributions Sought
« Reply #1 on: 03 Jan 2012, 15:34 »

I am not sure I can be of any help in an official sense, since I am not sure if you need a Sansha's Nation contributor, and Im not sure if we are IC really supporting you guys despite being very much in favour of you OOC, but I want to wish you luck!

Let me know if you want anything from the real good guys of this game.  8)
Do you see it now?  Something is different.  Something is never was in the first part!

Seismic Stan

• Clonejack
« Reply #2 on: 03 Jan 2012, 17:42 »

Tib

The Sansha's Nation storyline is huge and very visible to the casual player. We certainly need writers on that subject. Even though your main EVE presence as Tiberious is IC pro-Sansha, as a player your knowledge makes you the best possible source to write informed material from a number of perspectives, from abductees and drones to the families they left behind. You'd be invaluable.

Also I need to talk to you about the dialogue for Episode 3. Please get in touch.

Myrhial Arkenath

• Omelette
  • One does not simply walk into Curse.
    • Diary of a Pod Pilot
« Reply #3 on: 03 Jan 2012, 18:05 »

Tech4 news, best news <3

I'd be interesting in doing -something-, but same issue as Tib, I'm not to sure where / how to contribute. Anything Cartel related is right up my alley though.

CEO of Ghost Festival :: Executor of Naraka.
Diary of a Pod Pilot

tarunik

• Resident Wormhole Lord
  • Wetgraver
« Reply #4 on: 03 Jan 2012, 18:06 »

Tarunik has already sent a report in from W-space, not sure what's happened to it though!

Nmaro Makari

• Nemo
  • Pod Captain
  • SHARKBAIT-HOOHAHA!
« Reply #5 on: 03 Jan 2012, 19:56 »

Disputing tib's claim to the good guys :P

In any case I'm a boffin on international affairs IRL, so I'd be delighted to offer any contributions on any sort of international or inter-organisational whatnot :)

Also I know a fair bit about the sanshas, fighting the sansha and various mysteries in eve through spending time in The Synenose Accord and I would quite like to contribute to the whole nation war thing if tib's doesn't already have dibs ;)

I should tell you though that stuff in SYNE tends to come under the label "classified", "your eyes only" and "dont read ffs!" still, we've been fighting nation since the beginning of the war, so don't hesitate to drop us a line :)
The very model of a British Minmatarian

Seismic Stan

• Clonejack
« Reply #6 on: 05 Jan 2012, 15:26 »

Thanks for your input folks. I've emailed more info to everyone who expressed an interest and for whom I could find an email address.

If you are interested in getting involved with the Tech4 community project and you haven't received my email already, please get in touch.

tarunik

• Resident Wormhole Lord
  • Wetgraver
« Reply #7 on: 05 Jan 2012, 15:46 »

Thanks for your input folks. I've emailed more info to everyone who expressed an interest and for whom I could find an email address.

If you are interested in getting involved with the Tech4 community project and you haven't received my email already, please get in touch.
Send Tarunik an evemail IG.  (I don't check my RL email much.)

Seismic Stan

• Clonejack
« Reply #8 on: 08 Jan 2012, 05:25 »

I'm pleased to report the Tech4 project is building momentum. We've published two outstanding contributions so far;

3 Teens Injured in "Rogue Drone" Assault by Kirith Kodachi
http://tech4news.org/2012/01/06/3-teens-injured-in-rogue-drone-assault/

and

Kyavor Alexander - Caldari Traitor by Ender Black
http://tech4news.org/2012/01/08/kyavor-alexander-caldari-traitor/

There's a couple more articles in the to-publish list and I understand several more are in the works. Thank you all.

A private forum for contributor use will be available soon and will act as a press room/writing workshop.

Seismic Stan

• Clonejack
« Reply #9 on: 26 Jan 2012, 15:12 »

We've published some fantastic articles so far, thank you to all the creative talent that stepped up. Please come back and write more.

We would love to have some more submissions from existing authors and fresh blood, don't be shy. Give the baseliners your voice.

I'm keeping this thread updated with all the news stories as they are published.

Please contact us - see original post for details.
« Last Edit: 26 Jan 2012, 15:28 by Seismic Stan »

Kithrus Crases

• Lord of Paradox
  • Clonejack
  • War is lost before it started
Re: Tech4 News Wants New Submissions
« Reply #10 on: 26 Jan 2012, 17:29 »

This looks like a lot of fun, it's been a real nice reading some of these.
A long time ago someone said something so powerful and so meaningful I lived by it my entire life. Doing this however I forgot what he said and its become second nature to just do it.
Now that I want to share it I can't, I can only hope you keep listening for Wisdom.

Seismic Stan

• Clonejack
« Reply #11 on: 27 Jan 2012, 11:48 »

Thanks for reading Kithrus. Don't hesitate to get in touch if you want to join in the fun.

Logan Fyreite

• Egger
    • Eve Opportunist
« Reply #12 on: 30 Jan 2012, 10:47 »

You guys need to do a news story about the Vitalia party, include obscure references to vampires, and strange rituals. I had an abstract thought about it from the non-capsuleer sensationalistic viewpoint.

A prominent holder choosing to openly associate with Sani Sabik, and the ripples that would cause through society, especially given the venue's location, it is unlikely that there would not have been "some" stir, with either police responding, or mysterious deaths, or the absence of a response would be equally conspicuous. Anyways, if I find time I can come up with a story, but I haven't had a chance to yet.