Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That small robots called "cleaner bugs" are used to keep space station areas free of refuse? (The Burning Life p. 74)

Author Topic: Violca Kari, aka "ViKar"  (Read 1466 times)

Ava Starfire

• Queen of Hashbrowns
  • Pod Captain
Violca Kari, aka "ViKar"
« on: 26 Mar 2013, 08:38 »

Ok. Ive had a few alts, who never last... this one is the one that I actually like using (and she's been around for almost a year)

Violca "ViKar" Anja Kari
DOB: 10-21-90
POB: Caldari Prime
Education: Bachelor's of Arts (Music), Hedion University
Height: 1.62m
Weight: 53 kg

Yeah. So, Violca is my attempt at a character who is just "normal" (As normal as a capsuleer can be, anyway). She isnt a super-soldier or ace pilot or billionaire industrialist. She is the daughter of immigrant Ni-Kunni who settled on Caldari Prime, a member of a community of NiKunni who were all deported by Heth's government shortly after the State regained control of the planet. Violca is a member of an immigrant community, who lived in a predominantly ethnically Gallentean neighborhood on Caldari Prime. She attends the Reformed Amarrian Church and also studies some "traditional" NiKunni mythology (as kids a few generations into Immigrant families tend to do) and received an education in music from Hedion University, the only university that would provide her a scholarship (And this is to get around the fact we cannot make NiKunni that dont have amarrian starter corps). She speaks Nikunni and Gallentean languages. What, exactly, does that "make" her? That's kind of the whole driving idea behind ViKar.

Lately, Violca has had something of a conflict; she understands the Caldari's desire to get their home back, but does not understand why the NiKunni could not stay behind; after all, her family hoped the arrival of the Caldari might mean better employment opportunities. Of course, she grew up considering herself a Federation citizen, but, like minority communities the world over, is not really a "part" of the Federal cultural identity or larger society.

In short, Violca has absolutely no idea what to do, who to side with, where to go, or even what outcome to hope for. This is somewhat untested ground in EVE, at least for me, and so far, I have had some mixed responses. She is a member of a nationality who have no nation, for lack of a better way to explain it, and she is certainly aware of that. She wants to do something, and in the battle for Caldari Prime, she assisted the federal forces, in her small way (Slicer, heh) by opening fire on the Caldari fleet (Fun fight, I never did die =/ ).

Basically, the decision is where to go from here? Should she choose a side? I kind of want her to, but still not 100% sure on which side. Should she just try to stay neutral? Become some sort of pro NiKunni terrorist? What?

Ideas, feedback, and whatever you like is helpful, even simple "Yes, I like/no I dont like her, and this is what i dont/do like"

Thanks, Ava
« Last Edit: 26 Mar 2013, 08:43 by Ava Starfire »

Vincent Pryce

Re: Violca Kari, aka "ViKar"
« Reply #1 on: 26 Mar 2013, 09:14 »

Make her your new main and join URIEL.

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
« Reply #2 on: 26 Mar 2013, 09:21 »

Neutral-with-morals is always a fun way to go. Partly because it annoys the shit out of loyalists. :D

I think she's fine as-is, but she also has a lot of stuff going for her you haven't mentioned here. The live tarot readings, for example. Seriously - nobody else does that. It's something that makes her unique and a lot of fun to interact with.
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.

Ava Starfire

• Queen of Hashbrowns
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #3 on: 26 Mar 2013, 09:23 »

Neutral-with-morals is always a fun way to go. Partly because it annoys the shit out of loyalists. :D

I think she's fine as-is, but she also has a lot of stuff going for her you haven't mentioned here. The live tarot readings, for example. Seriously - nobody else does that. It's something that makes her unique and a lot of fun to interact with.

I am always worried that actually aggravates people. I know a lot seem to like it, but I dont want to get annoying. It seems like enough people dont want to really RP with my toons as is.

Anslol

« Reply #4 on: 26 Mar 2013, 09:25 »

BS. You do what you want. Just because someone is derping their own herps and not talking to your toons doesn't mean you should be worried about 'annoying' people. You always have your toons show interesting quirks about themselves and I love it, as I'm sure others do.

GO HAM!

EDIT: But for some actual feedback, I +1 Morwen. Your toon, as well as other neutral toons like her, have a lot of potential to flesh out and show small cultural aspects in Eve to make the world deeper and richer (such as the tarot readings). I suggest staying on with that and to keep building up with it.
« Last Edit: 26 Mar 2013, 09:27 by Anslol »

ArtOfLight

• Retired Combat Pilot
  • Omelette
  • Bright Stars, Clear Horizons
« Reply #5 on: 26 Mar 2013, 10:02 »

We spoke in game. >.>

P.S. I like ViKar
"A man's courage can be measured by what he does, his wisdom by what he chooses not to do and his character by the sum of both."

kalaratiri

• Kalalalaakiota
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
  • Shes mad but shes magic, theres no lie in her fire
« Reply #6 on: 26 Mar 2013, 10:05 »

God dammit Vince, stop trying to recruit my friends ._. You're making me feel left out  ;)

"Eve roleplayers scare me." - The Mittani

Gottii

• A Booty-full Mind
  • Veteran
« Reply #7 on: 26 Mar 2013, 10:08 »

Love her fortune telling  \o/

And of course love Ava.
"Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'"
― Isaac Asimov

Ava Starfire

• Queen of Hashbrowns
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #8 on: 26 Mar 2013, 10:26 »

God dammit Vince, stop trying to recruit my friends ._. You're making me feel left out  ;)

You just need to come back and join Uriel wif me.

ArtOfLight

• Retired Combat Pilot
  • Omelette
  • Bright Stars, Clear Horizons
« Reply #9 on: 26 Mar 2013, 10:42 »

You just need to come back and join Uriel wif me.

*Adds ViKar to the ever-growing list of pirates to shoot at.*
"A man's courage can be measured by what he does, his wisdom by what he chooses not to do and his character by the sum of both."

Lyn Farel

« Reply #10 on: 26 Mar 2013, 11:18 »

I think Ssaka may be in similar stuff. Tarot and the likes. Witch :p

I am always worried that actually aggravates people. I know a lot seem to like it, but I dont want to get annoying. It seems like enough people dont want to really RP with my toons as is.

It sure tends to alienate people. The trick is to be nice in private with friends and accointances.