Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That the war between Electus Matari and PIE Inc started when -EM- pilots destroyed a slaver vessel in The Bleak Lands?

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Sylux Raynes  (Read 1722 times)

ArtOfLight

• Retired Combat Pilot
  • Omelette
  • Bright Stars, Clear Horizons
Sylux Raynes
« on: 05 Mar 2013, 11:07 »

As it appears I've already been "outed" regarding this character, I decided I would open some dialogue with my fellow RPers.

First, I'm not sure if I should take it as a compliment or a negative thing that I'm so easy to pinpoint. What gives me away?

Second, I'm curious of your thoughts (for those of you that have interacted with him). I've been unable to put as much time into him as I'd have liked since RL has kept me pretty busy lately (haven't really been able to play much EVE at all, let alone set up a new RP character). I'll have a backstory and some general information up soon, but (as usual) I'm always interested in feedback from others.
"A man's courage can be measured by what he does, his wisdom by what he chooses not to do and his character by the sum of both."

kalaratiri

• Kalalalaakiota
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
  • Shes mad but shes magic, theres no lie in her fire
Re: Sylux Raynes
« Reply #1 on: 05 Mar 2013, 11:08 »

I knew it was you the moment I saw him on the IGS. He looks just like Raze ♥  :D

"Eve roleplayers scare me." - The Mittani

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
« Reply #2 on: 05 Mar 2013, 11:17 »

I figured it out because I recognized the name from before you took your last break from EVE, and because you showed up in certain channels almost right off the bat.

Kala's right about the portrait, though - it does seem kinda similar. That's not uncommon, though, people will get used to making portraits in certain ways, and after a while it can become easy to spot alts by portrait alone. *cough* Saede *cough* (Kidding.)

edit - whoops, forgot the second half of the question. Seems OK so far, though I haven't had much interaction with him. You're off to a good start, and I look forward to seeing what mischief you all get up to. :3
« Last Edit: 05 Mar 2013, 11:19 by Morwen Lagann »
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.

Iwan Terpalen

« Reply #3 on: 05 Mar 2013, 11:21 »

Male, well-spoken and thoughtful, married. Combined with the timing, it was as good as certain.

Nicoletta Mithra

• Veteran
« Reply #4 on: 05 Mar 2013, 11:46 »

Male, well-spoken and thoughtful, married. Combined with the timing, it was as good as certain.

What a shame, really.

Iwan Terpalen

« Reply #5 on: 05 Mar 2013, 11:53 »

Dare to be a home-wrecker.

Nicoletta Mithra

• Veteran
« Reply #6 on: 05 Mar 2013, 12:01 »

Psch, it's not about the sex, it's about making a good catch on the marriage market.

Samira Kernher

• Soulless Puppet
  • Veteran
  • Ardishapur Victor
« Reply #7 on: 05 Mar 2013, 12:15 »

I really like Sylux! Though he strikes me as a liberal. *peers*

Didn't realize it was you. But then, I'm new. So I don't know people.

ArtOfLight

• Retired Combat Pilot
  • Omelette
« Reply #8 on: 05 Mar 2013, 12:20 »

I really like Sylux! Though he strikes me as a liberal. *peers*

Didn't realize it was you. But then, I'm new. So I don't know people.

Not liberal. He's a moderate under House Kor-Azor. He favors diplomacy and moderate reform to economics and politics. He's religiously conservative, is a Holder (yes, he has slaves) and pays very close attention to internal House politics in the Empire.
"A man's courage can be measured by what he does, his wisdom by what he chooses not to do and his character by the sum of both."

Nicoletta Mithra

• Veteran
« Reply #9 on: 05 Mar 2013, 12:23 »

Moderate under House Kor-Azor is as good as a liberal under House Ardishapur. ;P

ArtOfLight

• Retired Combat Pilot
  • Omelette
« Reply #10 on: 05 Mar 2013, 12:28 »

Moderate under House Kor-Azor is as good as a liberal under House Ardishapur. ;P

Touchè. PIE is affiliated with House Ardishapur and so tends to be more "conservative" and traditional than Sylux is, but there are a few things they would see eye-to-eye on. 

Vincent Pryce

« Reply #11 on: 05 Mar 2013, 12:32 »

Most of the reasons have been mentioned already how you can spot someone's alt, especially in RP circles.

There's some people you can just tell who they are by their demeanor and a certain fancy in how they create portraits. Timing plays a part too, in this one especially much.

Nicoletta Mithra

• Veteran
« Reply #12 on: 05 Mar 2013, 12:34 »

Actually, PIE is more crown-loyal. That is we're Empire loyal and with a Sarumite Empress on the throne, I'd say we lean towards Sarumite. But yah, being in favour of 'the Empire' PIE tends to be more conservative than Kor-Azorites. Samira here is an Ardishapurese, I think.

I'm sure there lots Sylux and many members of PIE would see eye-to-eye on.

Karmilla Strife

• Omelette
« Reply #13 on: 05 Mar 2013, 12:48 »

I'm sure there lots Sylux and many members of PIE would see eye-to-eye on.

Well, we'll have to do something to prevent that, won't we?   :evil:

Nicoletta Mithra

• Veteran
« Reply #14 on: 05 Mar 2013, 13:42 »

*Sighs.*
Pages: [1] 2