Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That greasy, deep-fried Caldari takeout food is eaten with tongs and remains popular in the Federation?  (The Burning Life pp 40,41)

Author Topic: Trying the game again, looking for some help, explaining some stuff.  (Read 851 times)

ichkowa san

• Wooo~ level three SOCT missions \o/
  • Clonejack

Hey folks. Been a while since I actively RP'd anywhere, when I was here 'erratic and eccentric' do a good job of explaining my corp history and antics. There are a few reasons for this, if you feel like they don't justify what I'm going to ask, that's cool.

I made this toon when I was 15, dealing with some serious mental health issues, I wasn't medicated due to a shitty idea my mother about psychiatrists. I was going through a lot of mood swings, sometimes a whole bunch a day and was in a pretty seriously dark place, entailing a (thankfully failed) suicide attempt about 7 months ago, so I stayed in an institution for about a month, moved to my fathers (Thank the maker), got medicated and I'm good now, a healthy, functioning member of society. I've finished high school, got a job and now I'm off to University for computing.  I've even moved out of home with my dads help, to a place ten minutes from anything I'd need. \o/

But my 18 mill sp character has an abominable corp history and a tarnished reputation.

If you all could help me, I'd like to get back to playing Ichkowa. But I'd like to ask you for what could be an unfair favor. I would really appreciate if you could hand wave my previous actions as Ichkowa, I'd like to start from the beginning, but I really don't want to loose 14 months on and off of SP, as he can fly a Tengu and a rattle snake at pretty high skill. (Which is rather important for me to be able to PLEX my account, I can't really afford to be shelling out 25$ for it every month, my budget is pretty iron clad at this point.)

I'd also like to ask for help designing a new identity for Ichkowa as I really fucked it up the last time, turning him into some sort of robo-freak with the corp history of a serial awoxer. So, any tips at all and any corps willing to pick me up despite the corp history, assistance and acceptance would be amazing, thank you in advance.
“Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure that you are not, in fact, just surrounded by assholes.”

Saede Riordan

• Immoral Compass
  • Demigod
  • Through the distorted lens I found a cure
    • All the cool hippies have tumblr

I'm willing to work with you, and with your character concept, I can jump onboard my transhumanism express.
Personal Blog//Character Blog
A ship in harbour is safe, but that's not what ships are built for.

Tiberious Thessalonia

• Everyone's favorite philositoaster
  • Pod Captain
  • Panini Press

I'm glad life is starting to pick up for you!

Personally, and this is just my advice, I'd say stick with Ichkowa as he was, but work in his absence and newfound stability into the character, rather than trying to pretend that his corp history and previous actions don't exist.  It would create awkward situations when people look at it (most of us consider corp history to be a valid IC piece of information).

You could easily just say "Hey, I was trying to find myself.  Tried a lot of different things."
Do you see it now?  Something is different.  Something is never was in the first part!

ichkowa san

• Clonejack

Hello Tiberious, long time no chat, thanks. I might go about that road actually, I've had several encounters where people have asked about my corp history prior, IC. So really I can't expect to totally get away from it I suppose.

Saede I'd love to take you up on a ticket for the Trans-humanist Express, wheres the destination?
“Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure that you are not, in fact, just surrounded by assholes.”

Jev North

I've got to concur with Tibs; retcons are awkward things, because there's always one guy who either doesn't know about it, or won't feel it's legit to even do that. If you can take it, it's a much better idea to own up to your past, and simply show that you've grown above it. Let those that harbor old grudges choke on them.

If you want a clean slate -- and I don't blame you -- you could start a new character, and just take Ichkowa out whenever it's ISK grindin' time?

ichkowa san

• Clonejack

Yeah, I think I'm going to go with Tiberious' idea and own up to Ichkowa's past. I think I'll write it off as him finding out who he was, as Tibs suggested. It's probably going to make life much easier that way, for me and everyone I interact with.

Anslol

I don't even know you so, easy enough for me!

Tiberious Thessalonia

• Everyone's favorite philositoaster
  • Pod Captain
  • Panini Press

Cool.  Welcome back!
Do you see it now?  Something is different.  Something is never was in the first part!

ichkowa san

• Clonejack

Thanks Tiberious.

Sepherim

• Omelette
  • Too fucking serious for himself... or not
    • The Chronicles of Sepherim Catillah

First of all, welcome back, and I'm glad things are better for you even if we don't know eachother.

As for the char, the suggestions made before are all good, but I have to speak from the other side. For different reasons, I walk the road of "This toon up to here isn't the same character ICly as is the new toon from here on", not because of corp history (I love the old OQ and it actually is quite consistent with the direction he goes now) but because I wanted to RP a different person, with a different view, etc. to keep the game fresh.

I have had a few problems with it up to now both ICly and OOCly, but most of them were solved quite easily. Then again, the second line in my bio (right below "roleplayer") is an explanation of it to keep doubts and problems.

So, my opinion, if you can work it out for it to be continuous as has been suggested, go for it! If you can't you can walk the other way, but it'll take time and some mature explaining and discussing for people to accept it, and you will have to accept that some people won't accept it (I imagine new-seph as having the classical tabletop RP flaw of "mistaken identity" for those cases). Hope this helps!