Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

as Emperor, Doriam Kor-Azor changed the name of the fourth planet of the Kor-Azor system to Eclipticum and its moons to Black Viperia, Griklaeum, and Kileakum in honor of the champions who won him the throne.

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: The Good, Bad and Neutral Endings (if you had to leave)  (Read 5174 times)

Seriphyn

• Demigod
  • New and improved, and only in FFXIV

Building on my activism for character-driven and story-based RP (within the setting of the factions, of course), I figured I'd see if people could come up with three distinct endings if they suddenly had to leave EVE and needed an IC curtain call. To make it interesting, as opposed to just different possibilities, the endings will be of different karma levels. So, I'll start...

The Good Ending

Being able to break free of the psychological torment of Slave Heavenbound02, Seriphyn finally develops the emotional courage and liberation to cut off the manipulative influence the Gallentean military hold over him. Retiring from service after over a decade of continuing loyalty, he is able to forge his own destiny, and settles planetside in the Federation with his daughter and partner. Here, he becomes what he never was able to with Rhea and Jaidon; a husband and father.

The Neutral Ending

Never truly recovering from the loss of his kin and the haunting of the True Slave, Seriphyn attempts to escape the torture by simply trying to run. Parting ways with everything and everyone he knows, he ventures far from the world of capsuleers, and aimlessly wanders New Eden with the hope that, one day, he will come to terms with all that he has lost.

The Bad Ending

Nobody ever knew if the intrusions by Rhea and Jaidon Heavenbound into Seriphyn's dreams and psyche was a plot by Sansha Kuvakei, or simply the remains of their souls crying out for help, but the ultimate scar it left on him proved overpowering. Resigned to indefinite detention in a Federal psychiatric institute, Seriphyn is left imprisoned in his own mind, reliving the tragedy over and over again. The lords of war and government opt to let him suffer as their own little experiment, observing his pain, knowing that through his anguish, they may find a way to control the capsuleers themselves. For Seriphyn, only the good die young, but the best will never find peace.

See if you can be creative!
« Last Edit: 21 Apr 2011, 15:14 by Seriphyn »

Casiella

• Demigod
  • Creation is so precious, and greed so destructive.
Re: The Good, Bad and Neutral Endings (if you had to leave)
« Reply #1 on: 21 Apr 2011, 12:51 »

We did something like this in SWG but turned our ending(s) into short or even flash fiction. Some folks might enjoy doing that, though it can be a bit more challenging with capsuleers.

Lyn Farel

« Reply #2 on: 21 Apr 2011, 14:41 »

Interesting.

The Good Ending

I have no clear good ending for Lyn. Not sure. Something related to post humanity while she leaves alone in her eternal quest for answers ? Something related to a possible retirement because she suddenly discovered love ?

The Neutral Ending

Her walking on a razor blade everyday by claiming and advocating liberal tendancies eventually costs her her domain, her title, and she is shunned by all the amarrian bloc. She returns to her true loyalties and spend her time in a library.

Very dull ending.

The Bad Ending

Something twisted. She is already slightly twisted. Probably in the mood of the fallen white Paladin type. The circumstances are harsher and she loses something or people very dear to her, why not. She is also expelled from all of her SoCT connections, and loses her purpose in life. She is left alone and two solutions :

- She lets herself die in a last shot of glory or madness.
- She is taken in by imperialists and turned against her first loyalties. She is trained into an assassin or spy, and she executes her work zealously to forget everything.

Alain Colcer

• Pod Captain
« Reply #3 on: 21 Apr 2011, 15:01 »

Seri, under eve's grim and dark reality, only your bad ending is suitable, at least in my view.

For Bruno Bonner, he became so obsessed to return to "normal" human condition that he went through a surgery to remove all cybenertic implants and interfaces from his body, something that in end became a fatal choice.

With all previous clones destroyed, all memory backups erased, dying on a hospital bed with no friends, no family.......just biomassed and used as guinea pig, since he was indeed one of the very few capsuleers who actually died.

As for my actual character.....there is no ending, he has achieved inmortality, and makes sure everything stays that way.

Rok-Yuni

• Egger
« Reply #4 on: 21 Apr 2011, 15:14 »

The Good Ending

This is perhaps the least likely of the endings that i would use, as at the moment it kind of breaks PF...

Unit is fully recognised by, and re-incorporated into CONCORD, ready to act as a diplomatic conduit to the original 6 Rogue Drones should they ever be required to do so.

The Neutral Ending

Unit decides that project 'Commune' at this time is of no further use, and discontinues the project, terminating their bio-hosts and returning to Haven, keeping a covert watch on the cluster from their secure home. Waiting for a time that it is ready for them to return once more.

The Bad Ending

Unit decides that their continued existence within the cluster is causing more harm than good, and that the most efficient way to ensure that they themselves do not contradict Directive One in the future is to terminate all Unit functions.

Bio-hosts are terminated as above, but in addition they move all objects in Haven to close orbit to the star, then, after this, all 12 Units fire Aurora Ominae (sp?) into the star, causing their WH's star to go nova, obliterating all trace of Unit from the cluster.

to be honest, if i ever have to leave EvE, it would likely be some variation of the neutral ending, as i am sure i would come back.

As for Rok and Dilaro... hmmm Rok doesn't really roleplay that much, but all his endings would probably be a variation on 'gets reborn again'

Dilaro... good - Retires to the Elder enclaves. Neutral - Retires to the Republic. Bad - gets shot in the face by someone who knows where his clones were stored :P

Saikoyu

• Omelette
« Reply #5 on: 21 Apr 2011, 16:19 »

Why not...

The Good:
Saikoyu retires after securing offical Republic funding for the New Life Program to help former slaves, and goes to live planetside among the former slaves being helped by New Life, content that she was able to help at least some life a better life.

The Neutral:
Saikoyu continues to bounce between space and planet side, always crushed under the weigh of the New Life Program, always hoping for something new to come and lift her out of the never ending rat race of trying to help former slaves.

The Bad:
Deep in an Amarrian mine, surrounded by thousands of Minmatar slaves, sits an old Amarrian woman, kept alive by cybernetics and clones.  It is her sentence to sit there, and watch as the Minmatar around her are ground to death or acceptance of their fate, being able to do nothing to help them, nothing to free them, nothing but sit and cry tears for them, for the rest of eternity. 

Eh, now I wish that the neutral path wasn't mostly true these days. 

Vieve

« Reply #6 on: 21 Apr 2011, 22:04 »

And now for something over the top...

The Good Ending

[spoiler]Vieve quietly fades from history, both of her selves remaining ignorant of each other while remaining content in their individual towers.

Celeste succeeds in her current quest to "convert" influential individuals in Federation politics. Together, these individuals work together to root out and destroy the last vestiges of the Garoun-era vendettas that taint Federation politics, and if they're particularly lucky, manage to neutralize the remaining U-Nats, and get the Federation to relinquish its claim to Intaki -- right before it bans the Rebirth process throughout Federation holdings.  She openly returns to Mies, accepts a seat on the board of Mivo Essére, and sets about restoring the system to the pragmatic utopia that its Gallente and Caldari founders envisioned, no matter how many lawsuits and implied threats it takes.  She's a very patient woman.  She understands that things screwed up for centuries won't be fixed overnight.

Sabette makes a quiet new life for herself, her brother, her son, and her cousins (assuming that Lon survives his current situation) somewhere they won't be found -- particularly by the people who love them.[/spoiler]

The Neutral (Diet Bad) Ending

[spoiler]Jake suffers a degenerative illness that cannot be cured by swapping into a new clone, or experiences permanent brainlock. Since Vieve can't let him die, she makes a deal with whichever devil is necessary to have Jake's infomorph converted to an unfettered AI, and has that AI uploaded into her own brain. As a result, she suffers a personality split neither she nor the outside world notice. In her mind, she's always home. He makes breakfast. She cooks dinner. Everything is calm and peaceful, punctuated with shredded lingerie and absurd comedy.  In reality?  Well, that depends on which devil she made a deal with.  Said devil couldn't ask for a more dedicated employee -- one that wouldn't flinch at anything, even glassing planets.  Off screen, of course, since she'd be out of the picture.

Celeste gets fed up with the schizophrenic nature of the Angels (are they genuinely an emerging empire or are they just a bunch of thugs who were lucky enough to find some shiny toys?) and decides to do something about it.  She winds up being a bureaucrat in the Salvation Angels, focusing on primary education systems and planetary infrastructure.

Sabette's new life isn't so quiet: the FIO finds out who and where she is.  She, her cousins and the children are forced to spend the rest of their lives on the run.[/spoiler]

The Bad Ending

[spoiler]Vieve finds out about Vieve Prime.  Vieve learns how to fly carriers and motherships, and goes off into null sec in search of a brick that's of the right size, shape and motivation to drop on EM and squish it into paste.  Naturally, this could take quite a while. Possibly centuries, but damn if she wouldn't try to prove Evanda right about her being dangerous.

Either out of bloody minded curiosity ("how can we defeat them if we don't understand them?") or loneliness, Celeste goes over to Sansha. Vieve and Sabette put aside their considerable differences to hunt down their mother and have all of the hardware ripped out of her, leaving Celeste a near-cripple wracked by neurological DTs that don't go away when she's transferred into a new clone, but are mitigated by her remaining in pod.  Someone gets the bright idea of growing a baby girl from her stem cells (with an unwitting paternal contribution from a dangerously handsome Gallente male) and transferring her brain into the baby, a la the Rebirthing process.  When Celeste finds this out, she freaks out, has the helpful someone killed, and decides to raise the baby girl as her daughter (as much as anyone can do that while spending most of their time in a pod).  Yes, if you've read Rei's Sansha Cluster story, this ending might sound really familiar.

Zagamesh finds out where Sabette has run off to with their son, her brother (whom he loves like a father), her pretty blonde cousin who's allegedly dead, and the cousin that should have been killed for reals when was a teenager.[/spoiler]

Amann Karris

« Reply #7 on: 21 Apr 2011, 23:37 »

Good, bad or neutral ending?  Well, I guess in Amann's case it depends on where you end the story...

The Good Ending:
[spoiler]He smiled.  Her reflection brought back memories.  Some good, some bad, but all in all he accepted his fate.  The gun in her hand might as well have been a hammer, the bullet the nail.  Destiny had brought him to this place, and as he looked out upon the world of his birth, he knew the stinging, final truth.

The circle had become complete.

"I taught you well.  Now, end this.  Quickly."[/spoiler]

The Neutral Ending:

[spoiler]She hesitated.  Amann saw the confusion, the mix of feelings.  "It is okay, my dear.  I understand your dilemma.  Become the monster, or bring it to justice."

He turned slowly towards her.  He saw the fear in her eyes.  Smiling, he said, "Do what you feel is right.  In the end, that is the only thing that we can do,"  he took a step forward, "you are not a monster."

Nikilaiki dropped the gun, and fell to her knees.  A moment later she began to weep.  "Why?  Why did you kill him?"

Amann nodded.  "I owe you that much.  He was a good man, but he was a liability.  If I had not killed him, he would have been the death of many, many more of my kin."  For a moment, he contemplated walking over and putting a hand on her shoulder.[/spoiler]

The Bad Ending:

[spoiler]"Regardless, I don't think there will be any 'Justice' today, dear."

She barely realizes that there is a gun in his hand before she sees the flash, feels the pain...

"It's the little things, you see.  Those annoyances.  You were one of them, and now I can slip away."

He savors the last precious moments of her life.  The look of hatred, the shock, and the slowing of her breath.  She tries to say something but she is too weak.

Leaning down, he whispered into her ear, "Embrace the Void, my child."[/spoiler]

...sometimes, endings aren't what you expect them to be.  ;)  Sometimes there's only one real potential end, because the momentum of what has transpired before makes no other end possible.

Shades of gray FTW.

KJLLV

« Reply #8 on: 22 Apr 2011, 00:42 »

Forgive me Ghost :-(

The Good Ending.
JiaLei's self uses the last reserves of will to reassert control in conflict with the enforced Nation-loyal personality long enough to send all relevant data for combating Nation, correspondences and information on the Foundations to Federal Intelligence. Before succumbing again to the invasive control, cancels all clone contracts and finds the nearest Nation station to dock at and self-destruct the largest ship she can loaded with as much explosive munitions as its cargo can hold.

The Neutral Ending.
Malfunctions allow for her capsule to be recovered with herself incapacitated. Prolonged captivity in her own body has caused the original self to be irrecoverable and insane, and she is relegated to complete isolation in a special asylum for the remainder of her life after extraction of any useful information.

The Bad Ending.
Overwatch notices Lian's continuing personality conflicts and measures increasing instability. While the foreign control is maintained on the host, Lian "returns to Nation" for processing. All residual traits of the original JiaLei are removed, allowing her to function as a perfectly loyal pilot forever.
« Last Edit: 22 Apr 2011, 00:45 by KJLLV »

Kaleigh Doyle

« Reply #9 on: 22 Apr 2011, 02:04 »

Good
Kaleigh recognizes the perils of the universe and uses her considerable wealth and fame amongst the planet-bound in the Federation to become an activist, socially and politically for various causes. Maybe in her attempt to bridge the divide between the Federation and the State she gets assassinated...who knows?

Neutral
Kaleigh becomes a recluse while on an adventure of self-reflection and spiritual healing. You know, lot's of hokey spiritual junk that rich eccentrics get roped into because they're so out of touch with reality. Because she has such a black touch with everything, ultimately she'll end up forming her own cult of personality, where she'll spend the remainder of her years worshiped as a Goddess by millions of like-minded dirtside eccentrics.

Bad
Kaleigh lets the excesses of life consume what remains of her existence until the self-destruction leads her to a bottomless depression. After indulging in reckless mayhem and murder, her conscience gets the best of her, whereby she strands herself in a deadspace pocket far from civilization in a dormant state for years until she dies or someone finds her.

Mathra Hiede

• Omelette
« Reply #10 on: 22 Apr 2011, 03:13 »

Hrm.

Good

Math'ra excises the demons of his past and finally purges away all of the torments from the years before he became a Capsuleer, his wife Hitome and he settle in the Kingdom where he begins to set about the general reform and development of the Kingdom into a proper Empire with his large fortune and... shady contacts, finally amassing immense power and wealth to see him and his now substantial family through the course of centuries.

Neutral

Finally confronting the event that destroyed his innocence he trips up and gets Hitome killed, his heart and will to live broken, only his stubborn spirt forces him to wander the universe as a merc for hire, wandering and fighting untill one of his old Mashtori contacts catches up with him, giving him a release he desperately wants.

Bad
Destroyed and broken by his search for answers, the demons of his past overwhelm him and he becomes one of the most lethal and feared Blood Raiders, working from the shadows and tormenting the Kingdom and Empire for their 'crimes' against him.

-----------------

Wow, of all of them I kinda like the last one the most... xD Math'ra finally becoming the evil person that he fights to keep down by dedicating himself to fighting for a cause.

Innocence prooves nothing - Solen Sean

Myrhial Arkenath

• Omelette
  • One does not simply walk into Curse.
    • Diary of a Pod Pilot
« Reply #11 on: 22 Apr 2011, 06:05 »

Good ending
Myrhial retires from the life of a capsuleer and takes up a respectable position within the Cartel, after having played her part in growing Naraka into a force that is known and feared in the whole of Curse, something like the CVA glory days in Providence. A suitable replacement is found to carry on the banner as CEO of Ghost Festival. She becomes a name that future generations of (Angel) loyalists look up to as an idol.

Neutral ending
Myrhial appoints a successor to carry on the banner as CEO of Ghost Festival, happy with what she has achieved thus far, but leaving much to be done. Those she mattered to remember her, but over time her name fades into obscurity.

Bad ending
It turns out that you really cannot trust anyone. Everyone one way or another ends up backstabbing her, the corp falls apart, the alliance falls apart, and worst of all everything she once cared for gets a really bad name. If people need an example of how not to do it, she / PRETA / Naraka. will be used for it. Myrhial retires in shame and frustration and commits suicide soon after, a final act to save face (think Seppuku here).

CEO of Ghost Festival :: Executor of Naraka.
Diary of a Pod Pilot

hellgremlin

• Pathological liar, do not believe
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #12 on: 23 Apr 2011, 10:04 »

Good Ending:

Istvaan Shogaatsu's aversion to the capsule builds to an intolerable point, and he hangs up his space suspenders. Retiring to the backwater system of Wirashoda, he never boards a capsuleer vessel again, content to while away his days in the Guiding Hand nightclub, sampling the finest narcotics and harlots the cluster has to offer.

Neutral Ending:

One shady deal too many has been the end of many criminals, and the great Istvaan Shogaatsu is no exception. His bullet-riddled carcass makes a fine trophy for the pirate who got the drop on the former master spy. With access to dozens of illegal clones, Shogaatsu could have woken up at any time - he merely elected not to.

Bad ending:

The Terrans have swept through New Eden, bursting from Eve's maw, burning worlds to cinders and smashing out every trace of their less-evolved kin. But fear of extinction has led one member of this dying subspecies to take drastic steps.

Taking his heavily Jovian-Terran-modified supercarrier and the few people he trusts into wormhole space, the master criminal Istvaan Shogaatsu decides to ride out the holocaust unseen. Weeks turn into years, and occasional recon flights back to New Eden reveal that the Terran invaders are unmaking worlds and stars.

At first dependent on cloning to extend his life, Shogaatsu turns to advanced, cannibalized technology to augment and liberate his consciousness from its deteriorating fleshy prison. As his crew die off over the decades, he continues to change, first wiring himself ever-closer into his vessel, then finally becoming one with it, and utilizing its drone wings as his eyes and ears. The ship burrows ever-deeper into wormhole space, the now utterly demented machine-mind within locked in an eternal search. What it searches for, it does not remember. It doesn't find anything anyway. It is completely alone.

Saede Riordan

• Immoral Compass
  • Demigod
  • Through the distorted lens I found a cure
    • All the cool hippies have tumblr
« Reply #13 on: 23 Apr 2011, 18:16 »

The Good

Nikita Manages to forgive herself for her past transgressions and over time makes peace with herself and her history, leaving first the capsuleer program to a more stable position in the cartel, before leaving them altogether and finding a home on a quiet backwater world where she quietly fades away into obscurity. An old immortal, watching the galactic seasons turn in peace and isolation with her lover(s)

The Bad

Nikita never comes to grips with her loss and it eventually causes her to completely retreat from humanity and merge with her computers and machines, working towards strange goals in isolation.

The Ugly

Nikita Never comes to grips with her loss and it eventually shatters her mind. As she grows more and more insane, her friends and even the cartel abandon her to her madness, she pushes herself too far and is destroyed by her own emotions; putting a bullet between her eyes out of desperation to make it all just stop.

The Rediculous

The Jovians return from isolation, merged with the Sansha and the Rogue Drones and Sleepers into an unstoppable force. Nikita gathers up a small band of trusted survivors of the initial onslaught, and using stolen technology and hacked CONCORD protocols, they flee into the dark end of Cache, and sabotaging gates behind them so the destructive armada cannot reach them as quickly, leave New Eden in slower then light ships, specially designed to survive the long journey into the darkness beyond the explored cluster. Nikita and the other capsuleers merge themselves completely with the ships of the fleet, forming a higher conciousness and governing body, watching carefully over the development over what may be the last hope for humanity.
Personal Blog//Character Blog
A ship in harbour is safe, but that's not what ships are built for.

orange

• Dex 1.0
  • Veteran
« Reply #14 on: 23 Apr 2011, 21:50 »

The Good
Dex's, LDIS's, Lai Dai's efforts to develop Black Rise allow Lai Dai to challenge Heth's claimed leadership of the Patriot bloc.  Under Lai Dai's guidance, the patriot bloc focuses its efforts inwards and on promoting the meritocracy.  With the homeworld "secured," Lai Dai begins to looking for ways to compete with Ishukone's Syndicate operations and targets Pure Blind and Cloud Ring for exploration and development.

Eventually, Dex retires in a Black Rise he helped shape and develop.

The Neutral
Despite efforts to build up the strength of other internal powers within the State, Heth is able to consolidate power.  Dex manages to move funds, property, personnel, etc out through Mordu's Legion (including his daughter*) and then on to Syndicate as Heth tightens his grip on the State.  When a CPD hit squad closes in on Dex, they happen find him (a clone) seated at a tea table.  He smiles, lifts a tea cup, "Uaaka."  Dex watches himself die from a Intaki Police station and so begins the long war.

The Bad
Dex fails to take the precautions necessary to escape an extremely paranoid Heth's reign of terror.  Dex is thrown in with the rest of the old guard as traitors to the cause.  His State clones are destroyed and all State-side assets seized.  Dex barely escapes the State in a ship, only to be caught by a null sec gate camp on the way to Mordu's Legion.  Dex is podded and doesn't wake up.

*Dex has a daughter with a now Hyasyoda security agent.  The daughter was raised in the CN's education system and unaware that both her parents independently watched her grow up and care very much for her.
Pages: [1] 2 3