Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That Titan Doomsday Devices were originally massive, field clearing nukes instead of doomsday rays?

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8

Author Topic: SiSi Portrait Gen back up, with new stuff  (Read 21522 times)

Esna Pitoojee

• Keeper of the Harem
  • Demigod
Re: SiSi Portrait Gen back up, with new stuff
« Reply #45 on: 20 Dec 2010, 09:23 »

Kyoko... the ears...  :D

Been experimenting with recreating Esna; right now, Amarrians are suffering from a lack of any hairstyles beyond "spock" "Military buzz/bowl cut" and "mid life crisis/punk rocker". None of them look terribly good.
I like the implications of Gallentians being punched in the face by walking up to a Minmatar as they so freely use another person's culture as a fad.

Hamish Grayson

« Reply #46 on: 20 Dec 2010, 09:46 »

I've found that the new Civire look pays very little homage to the older look and if I started Eve after Incarnia, Civre would not be my race of choice that's for sure.    I simply cannot recreate Hamish and it really makes me sad that I have to change his face.

Vikarion

« Reply #47 on: 20 Dec 2010, 09:50 »

Caldari all look like Gen-Xer or later Americans now.  :s

Hamish Grayson

« Reply #48 on: 20 Dec 2010, 10:03 »

Caldari all look like Gen-Xer or later Americans now.  :s

I suppose that makes since for CCP since that is their biggest market now and most of them are Caldari mission runners who don't RP.   All of my attempts with the Civre end up looking like Coby Bell.
« Last Edit: 20 Dec 2010, 10:19 by Hamish Grayson »

Jekaterine

• Like the wind
  • The Mods
  • Pod Captain
  • Wandering the halls of Chatsubo
« Reply #49 on: 20 Dec 2010, 10:13 »

Haven't fiddled with this at all but asked to have Jek redone and it was not to be according to source.

Eyebrows,hair colour,hairdo,bonestructure,eyecolour,facial tattoos doesn't exist or can't be recreated.
CCP either have a lot to put back in or the way Jek has looked for close to six years will be gone.

I fail to be impressed.
Then again I should know by now that CCP are able to disappoint no matter what part of the game it is they're touching.
Quote from: Ciarente the beatific, patron saint of moderators big and small
ban ban ban

Seriphyn

• Demigod
  • New and improved, and only in FFXIV
« Reply #50 on: 20 Dec 2010, 10:31 »

What do you mean Jek? There is no recreation tool, it's all from scratch now.

Andreus Ixiris

• Omelette
« Reply #51 on: 20 Dec 2010, 10:35 »

Jekaterine

• Like the wind
  • The Mods
  • Pod Captain
  • Wandering the halls of Chatsubo
« Reply #52 on: 20 Dec 2010, 10:42 »

What do you mean Jek? There is no recreation tool, it's all from scratch now.

What I mean is that she can't come close to look what she looks like now given the tools that exist.
Perhaps I used the word wrong but by recreate I mean look at what she looks like now and then do as close to that in the new generator.

This is something that can't be done because CCP has either not implemented everything needed or they'll be lacking when they launch this in a month ( I believe it's a month no ?)
Quote from: Ciarente the beatific, patron saint of moderators big and small
ban ban ban

Borza

• Kuru Khai
  • Omelette
  • We come for our people
« Reply #53 on: 20 Dec 2010, 11:18 »

http://www.eveonline.com/ingameboard.asp?a=topic&threadID=1433234&page=1#1

Known Issues
- All art assets are still WIP, this is especially true for hair, beards, makeup and skin details

Give feedback to CCP there, don't just sit here and complain to us if you aren't satisfied. Push for your view to be acted on now while you still have a chance.

Hamish Grayson

« Reply #54 on: 20 Dec 2010, 12:44 »

http://www.eveonline.com/ingameboard.asp?a=topic&threadID=1433234&page=1#1

Known Issues
- All art assets are still WIP, this is especially true for hair, beards, makeup and skin details

Give feedback to CCP there, don't just sit here and complain to us if you aren't satisfied. Push for your view to be acted on now while you still have a chance.

Um.   You must be new to Eve.  CCP doesn't listen to players. 

Z.Sinraali

• Pod Captain
  • You're a Jovian spy, aren't you?
« Reply #55 on: 20 Dec 2010, 12:47 »

Well, I'm happy there's a 'balding' style now. Little short for my tastes, but hey, I guess Z just got a haircut for his new capsuleer license photo.
The assumption that other people are acting in good faith is the single most important principle underpinning human civilization.

Kyoko Sakoda

• Pod Captain
« Reply #56 on: 20 Dec 2010, 16:54 »

Kyoko... the ears...  :D

It's always something. Right now it's the neck. Then it's the ginger hair dye, now it's the ears. Shaddup. :P

Graanvlokkie

« Reply #57 on: 21 Dec 2010, 01:54 »

I dont understand why everyone is just trying to recreate thier current avatar using the new system. If everyone does that all charaters will just end up looking the identical, as they do now. Same face, different background.

I admit that I think my current avatar is good, but there are so many pilots out there that would be picked out as Graanvlokkie in a police line-out. I am just hopeing it isnt the same once the new generater comes out.

Casiella

• Demigod
  • Creation is so precious, and greed so destructive.
« Reply #58 on: 21 Dec 2010, 05:05 »

I don't think everyone wants to recreate the exact same avatar; I don't think that's even possible. However, you can identify aspects of the existing image (or character) that matter to you, try to implement those, and build around that.

Myrhial Arkenath

• Omelette
  • One does not simply walk into Curse.
    • Diary of a Pod Pilot
« Reply #59 on: 21 Dec 2010, 06:18 »

I'm currently with mixed feelings about the character creator. I feel very positive about the Achur looks, and Myrhial will be looking as good as ever. But on the other hand I hope there will be more clothing available (business suits for Caldari please), and that I will be able to give my alt her purple hair back. Even if there won't be no more fishbowl hat, I can live with that. Also hoping that Incarna is going to have lots and lots of clothing you can buy and swap out, I need something new to collect that isn't skills  :oops:

Edit: Also missing nano tattoos, I hope those are still coming. And there is an utter lack of dresses for women. Even though my Khanid is nothing more than a glorified alliance holder, I still want her in one of them pretty dresses so she can sit around and look like a pretty little princess when I am logged on her. Having them for the portraits would make it perfect.
« Last Edit: 21 Dec 2010, 06:22 by Myrhial Arkenath »

CEO of Ghost Festival :: Executor of Naraka.
Diary of a Pod Pilot
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8