Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That the higher levels of space stations are restricted to the elite, with capsuleers occupying the very top decks? (The Burning life p. 73)

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: GLORIOUS HOMEWORLD REMASTERED  (Read 7374 times)

Mizhara

• Prophet of New Eden
  • Demigod
  • The Truth will make ye Fret.
Re: GLORIOUS HOMEWORLD REMASTERED
« Reply #30 on: 12 Feb 2015, 08:38 »

I beat it once. This time, I'm going to cheat like a motherfucker.

Lyn Farel

« Reply #31 on: 12 Feb 2015, 11:32 »

Mission 4 is where the difficulty curve suddenly climbs up yeah. I remember it took me a certain time when I was young to beat it properly... To get stuck at mission 5. xD

Would probably be a lot easier now that i'm older...

Thorolfur

• Clonejack
  • Hydarius
    • My Eve things
« Reply #32 on: 24 Feb 2015, 18:00 »

18 hours to go........ someone tell old man Time to get a move on... last 24 hours are slow.
I do not take convo's (eve-mail first)
Profession: Guide to the roundabout doors of eve,
never gone, but really all there.

Kyoko Sakoda

• Pod Captain
« Reply #33 on: 24 Feb 2015, 20:14 »

It's on my hard drive but it's like waiting for the wedding reception so you can have cake. :(

Rin Valador

• The one who cant sit still
  • Clonejack
« Reply #34 on: 24 Feb 2015, 20:35 »

I already have such little time for games and then this shows up TT_TT

A few more hours and any free time I had left will be sucked into this!
On the internet no one knows you are a giraffe... no one...

Gottii

• A Booty-full Mind
  • Veteran
« Reply #35 on: 24 Feb 2015, 23:37 »

In a week Im making a proposal that will pretty much dictate a large portion of my career.

Still preloading this game....
"Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'"
― Isaac Asimov

Havohej

• Friendly Neighborhood Forum Admin
  • Veteran
  • Ex-convict
    • EWF Digital Consulting
« Reply #36 on: 25 Feb 2015, 04:40 »

In a week Im making a proposal that will pretty much dictate a large portion of my career.
Good luck!

Twitter
This is a forum on steroids tbh. The rate at which content worth reading is being generated could get you pregnant.

Gottii

• A Booty-full Mind
  • Veteran
« Reply #37 on: 26 Feb 2015, 21:15 »

Click Okay to continue.
"Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'"
― Isaac Asimov

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #38 on: 27 Feb 2015, 13:15 »

Waiting to see how well game is patched before deciding to dive into purchasing and competative multiplayer.

From what I've seen on the relevant forums there's a lot of balancing to do. Combining HW1 and HW2 units has been sad face times for HW1.  There's been a lot of proposals to rework HW1 fighters to behave like the superior HW2 counterparts, and I've seen some good calls for HP buffs, etc.

If gearbox is responsive I'll take the plunge :)

Victoria Stecker

• Pod Captain
« Reply #39 on: 27 Feb 2015, 14:18 »

Waiting to see how well game is patched before deciding to dive into purchasing and competative multiplayer.

From what I've seen on the relevant forums there's a lot of balancing to do. Combining HW1 and HW2 units has been sad face times for HW1.  There's been a lot of proposals to rework HW1 fighters to behave like the superior HW2 counterparts, and I've seen some good calls for HP buffs, etc.

If gearbox is responsive I'll take the plunge :)

Yeah, the new HW1 is more like a mod for HW2, it's running on the same engine. So a bit of the stuff that worked in HW1 doesn't really work in HW1 Remastered. Like formations and strike craft in general.

Multiplayer balance is going to need some work. HW2 stuff generally owns the early game, but then late game the HW1 stuff develops something of a building advantage.

In better news, the Complex mod for original HW2 is up on Steam, and they are working on the remaking it for HW2 Remastered.

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #40 on: 27 Feb 2015, 14:40 »

Elmund Egivand

• Pod Captain
  • Will jib for ISK
« Reply #41 on: 28 Feb 2015, 04:24 »

I had been holding off from buying this game because it's a Gearbox production. You know how they botched up Colonial Marines. So how does this game hold up compared to the original Homeworld?
Deep sea fish loves you forever

Lyn Farel

« Reply #42 on: 28 Feb 2015, 07:20 »

If they use the HW2 engine and UI for HW1, then it's all good. The HW1, as good as it was as a game, had terrible UI flaws (especially camera wise).

Karmilla Strife

• Omelette
« Reply #43 on: 28 Feb 2015, 09:16 »

My only UI complaint is that Eve has conditioned me to be used to right-click menus for everything when I'm in space...  I have only been playing HW1 remastered and have noticed that strike craft wings aren't as awesome as they used to seem. No fuel does get rid of a minor tactical element but I don't really mind.

Victoria Stecker

• Pod Captain
« Reply #44 on: 02 Mar 2015, 07:56 »

I had been holding off from buying this game because it's a Gearbox production. You know how they botched up Colonial Marines. So how does this game hold up compared to the original Homeworld?

Eh, it's mixed. Overall, it's the same game, similarly awesome. Improved graphics and all.

On the other hand, strike craft have gotten messed up a bit. Formations basically don't work anymore. HW 2 strike craft approach targets, make an attack run, and then break off, fly away, do it again. HW1RM strike craft do the same thing, and they don't stay in any sort of formation when they do it.

http://www.youtube.com/attribution_link?a=N0kfIg-7FIU&u=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DCx0uxR2kZy8%26feature%3Dshare

the Evasive setting doesn't really work/exist anymore, you are instead left with the HW2 aggresive/defensive/passive options.

HW1 modeled projectiles as actual objects and strike craft would dodge out of the way, making it hard for big ships to hit them. HW2 modeled projectiles as dice rolls, meaning that any big ship has a chance to hit little ones. Suddenly Assault Frigates are really good at killing Strike Craft.

So yeah, hopefully the modders will find some way to correct some of this, or Gearbox will patch it to make it more like HW1. But in the mean time, I'm having a great time. It's still an awesome game, even if some of the awesomeness has been rubbed off.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4