Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

One of the first ways to crack safe spots was to warp past the person and hope your bookmark landed you next to them?

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11]

Author Topic: Games Journalism is over.  (Read 14822 times)

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
Re: Games Journalism is over.
« Reply #150 on: 12 Oct 2014, 12:40 »

The thread moved in that direction after Nmaro's posting about the Intel advertising removal, which I think was on topic.

I don't think many people in this thread are in much disagreement as to the poor state of games journalism

You gotta quit it with that 'tilting at windmills' shtick,  though.

« Last Edit: 12 Oct 2014, 12:46 by Silas Vitalia »

The Scythian

• Our Woeful Hero
  • Clonejack
« Reply #151 on: 12 Oct 2014, 14:24 »

When NPR chooses to focus on death threats and harassment and FBI involvement when talking about #gamergate, it is safe to say that the movement has failed to present itself as a platform for meaningful change. Or maybe #gamergate people aren't angry enough about the more extreme elements amongst them who seem to be driving the conversation.

Havohej

• Friendly Neighborhood Forum Admin
  • Veteran
  • Ex-convict
    • EWF Digital Consulting
« Reply #152 on: 12 Oct 2014, 17:52 »

What does that have to do with #gamergate? You're shitting on a movement about trust issues with both the media, publishers and devs, and with the indie scene in general over something that's an overall issue with gaming and the industry surrounding it. Of course, you're not going to stop tilting at that windmill no matter what is said, so why bother? Bloodbird is right, this thread is past its expiration date.
The thread moved in that direction after Nmaro's posting about the Intel advertising removal, which I think was on topic.

I don't think many people in this thread are in much disagreement as to the poor state of games journalism
[admin]Agreed.  /thread[/admin]

Twitter
This is a forum on steroids tbh. The rate at which content worth reading is being generated could get you pregnant.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11]