Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That the corp with the most holders of the Kourmonen Campaign medal, handed out by Yonis Ardishapur himself, today reside in PIE?

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18]

Author Topic: Mass Effect 3 - SPOILERS INSIDE  (Read 30369 times)

Karmilla Strife

• Omelette
Re: Mass Effect 3 - SPOILERS INSIDE
« Reply #255 on: 06 Mar 2013, 13:30 »

Yeah, I enjoyed the gameplay to mass effect as much as the storyline. ME3 seemed really easy on single player so it's nice to actually be able to enjoy the action in multiplayer without having your NPCs nuke everything with particle rifles.

Sakura Nihil

• Egger
  • Glory
« Reply #256 on: 06 Mar 2013, 15:29 »

ME3 Multiplayer seemed to me like a wannabe Halo Firefight mode.  Far more customizable, no doubt, but it didn't hook me, at least not yet.  On the bright side, at least, it's free to play if you own the game, so that's something positive.

BloodBird

• Intaki Still-Rager
  • Veteran
  • The untraditional traditionalist
« Reply #257 on: 06 Mar 2013, 16:20 »

No, but that doesn't mean it isn't fun to play with friends.

Getting to play with other races (and powers) that aren't available to be played with in the singleplayer game makes it worth it to me, anyway.

Also, to be perfectly honest - the multiplayer is harder than the singleplayer, even with an additional person available for a total of 4 per squad. It's a nice challenge. If you've got the PC version, give a poke sometime and we'll drag you on board for a couple matches.

If I get into the interest zone for ME3 MP again, I'll keep this in mind. 10 times more fun with good team-work, and on 100% public play it get's hard to find people interested in using the mic and being tactical...

Safai

• Toast &
  • Omelette
  • "Phantom Spaceman is a big fat jerk!"
« Reply #258 on: 06 Mar 2013, 16:24 »

I assumed Mass Effect 3's multiplayer was a PVP kind of deal? If not, well ... damn. :( Something like a Blue Suns vs. Eclipse team deathmatch sounds fun to me.

Still haven't picked up ME3 and somehow saved myself of too many spoilers in the meantime, got my old ME->ME2 save also. Seeing it on a Steam sale would be nice.

Bacchanalian

• Omelette
« Reply #259 on: 06 Mar 2013, 19:44 »

Seeing it on a Steam sale would be nice.

You'll sooner see the sky turn green. EA didn't distribute it on Steam, only on Origin.

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
« Reply #260 on: 06 Mar 2013, 21:57 »

Seeing it on a Steam sale would be nice.

You'll sooner see the sky turn green. EA didn't distribute it on Steam, only on Origin.

Deja vu, anyone? :p

I'll wait for a steam sale...

This is my plan. I haven't even really gotten into ME2 yet, trying to find my ME1 disk to reinstall, play through that, etc, and this thread has put a mild hurt on my eagerness for ME3. So I'll take my time and wait for it to be cheaper.

You two are going to be waiting a long time if you're waiting on a Steam sale. :lol:
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.

Safai

• Toast &
  • Omelette
  • "Phantom Spaceman is a big fat jerk!"
« Reply #261 on: 07 Mar 2013, 00:10 »

Rawr, you guys are right.

Vikarion

« Reply #262 on: 07 Mar 2013, 03:33 »

Eh, I found the ending of ME 3 to be rather disappointing. Not just because you couldn't earn a happy ending, but that was a large part of it. The whole game has been, thematically, a denial of inevitability and certain death, and then star child basically railroads you into dying one way or another. Yay. I understood it in Dragon Age - that sort of "someone has to die" was very appropriate there. In ME 3, it was a giant dramatic disconnect. It's a bit like if Luke died in Star Wars:RotJ...all that build up, all the heroism and struggle, and then "oops, guess Vader couldn't change". It would still be a story where the good guys win, but it would suck, comparatively.

Anyway, the thing that really irritated me was the gates going boom and the lack of any description regarding the future. I mean, I've watched the extended cut, and it still sucks. What happens to your squad mates? Does the fleet survive? How bad off is Earth, and the human race? How about the Asari, Krogan, Geth, and all the others we tried to save? Huh? Instead, we get a plaque on a wall, and a couple stills of happy aliens. Oh, goody.

As far as end-game goes, Fallout 2 had a much, much more satisfying end sequence, and it did it without any flashy cut-scenes or action sequences, or even choices. Because they gave you a real conclusion that tied up the threads - not always happily, but reasonably well. ME 3 just left you going "uh, okay, so I'm dead, my friends are sad, and the galaxy is saved. But what happened?"

Adreena Madeveda

• What's your favourite thing about space ?
  • Egger
  • Mine is space.
    • A Blog !
« Reply #263 on: 08 Mar 2013, 06:07 »

It's been a year since its release and I still feel the urge to vent and rant about the ending, before and after the extended cut. And about the plotholes. About the sheer stupidity of some scenes and revelations.

There were great moments in this game, I won't deny that. The Leviathan DLC is pretty good. I'm not happy there were chocolate chunks in the shitpie -I'm pretty pissed about the shitpie.
Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player, that struts and frets his hour upon the stage and then is heard no more; it is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.

Shakespeare, Macbecth

BloodBird

• Intaki Still-Rager
  • Veteran
  • The untraditional traditionalist
« Reply #264 on: 08 Mar 2013, 12:47 »

It's been a year since its release and I still feel the urge to vent and rant about the ending, before and after the extended cut. And about the plotholes. About the sheer stupidity of some scenes and revelations.

There were great moments in this game, I won't deny that. The Leviathan DLC is pretty good. I'm not happy there were chocolate chunks in the shitpie -I'm pretty pissed about the shitpie.

TBH, the proper metaphor would be that your not happy with the chunk of shit in the chocolate pie - ME and ME2 and pretty much all of ME3 besides the ending-fail was down-right amazing. There are multiple things I was not totally happy about in ME3, but the big let-down overall was the end, no doubt, and from what I've seen this was the general impression.

Adreena Madeveda

• What's your favourite thing about space ?
  • Egger
  • Mine is space.
    • A Blog !
« Reply #265 on: 08 Mar 2013, 15:03 »

Exercise in fairness : the whole Eve-Wrex-Mordin arc was swiss-level of delicious chocolatery, and a sizeable portion of the whole game. The conversations between Eve and Mordin, Urdnot "THIS IS MY PLANET !" Wrex, Mordin singing while the tower is crumbling around him : awesome.
Same goes for the conversations Hepard witness between the crewmembers of the Normandy. Or shooting at cans while exhanging boasts with Garrus at the Citadel.

But my grudge with ME3 isn't just about the ending. Since I don't want to start a rant, I'll just point at this guy, the "Team Rocket poses are awesum :B" ninja cyborg.

The thing is : After finishing ME2 for the first time, I made different saves of the first two games -your average bioware fanboy  with half a dozeen Shepards on his harddrive, yup. I played ME3 once, vented and raged and ranted a lot, and have no intention of making another full run of it.
Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player, that struts and frets his hour upon the stage and then is heard no more; it is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.

Shakespeare, Macbecth

Ciarente

• Owner of the thickest rose-colored glasses in the Cluster
  • The Mods
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #266 on: 08 Mar 2013, 18:47 »

The thing is : After finishing ME2 for the first time, I made different saves of the first two games -your average bioware fanboy  with half a dozeen Shepards on his harddrive, yup. I played ME3 once, vented and raged and ranted a lot, and have no intention of making another full run of it.

Snap!
Silver Night > I feel like we should keep Cia in reserve. A little bit for Cia's sanity, but mostly because her putting on her mod hat is like calling in Rommel to deal with a paintball game.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18]