Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

the Battle of Tears, between Minmatar and Ammatar forces in YC102, was one of the highest casualty battles ever fought in New Eden.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 12

Author Topic: MechWarrior MMO  (Read 17414 times)

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
Re: MechWarrior MMO
« Reply #60 on: 20 Nov 2011, 23:23 »

Wouldn't that be better served by a good singleplayer game with multiplayer attached, like the previous installments?

Stop thinking like a gamer and what would be 'fun!' think like a publisher who can milk DLC out of customers for years to come, without having to create any single-player content!  :lol:

Mizhara

• Prophet of New Eden
  • Demigod
  • The Truth will make ye Fret.
« Reply #61 on: 20 Nov 2011, 23:28 »

Gnnnrgh... stop pointing out reality without warning like that. It gives me aneurysms when I'm not prepared to peek out from behind the curtains of my imaginary world where the gaming scene doesn't fucking suck.

Lydia Tishal

• Wetgraver
« Reply #62 on: 13 Dec 2011, 15:01 »

A little more information regarding the star map and how the meta game is going to function. . .

http://mwomercs.com/news/2011/12/44-dev-blog-1-community-warfare

Gorion

• Clonejack
« Reply #63 on: 22 Dec 2011, 22:14 »

I am really looking forward to this game.

Victoria Stecker

• Pod Captain
« Reply #64 on: 22 Dec 2011, 22:17 »

For anyone who is interested, they are taking sign ups for beta now.

Gorion

• Clonejack
« Reply #65 on: 22 Dec 2011, 22:34 »

Link?

Mithfindel

• (a.k.a. Axel Kurki)
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #66 on: 23 Dec 2011, 06:22 »

There's a few mentions of beta - even beta guilds - but Google didn't turn anything up. You sure you're not mixed Mechwarrior with DUST, which has beta signups open for EVE subscribers?

http://www.eveonline.com/devblog.asp?a=blog&nbid=3358

Victoria Stecker

• Pod Captain
« Reply #67 on: 24 Dec 2011, 11:48 »

looking for it, I'm following them on Facebook and they had the invitation to sign up for beta there, and afaik it was right on their homepage, maybe they got flooded with requests and took it down?  Will edit with link as soon as I can find it.

EDIT: No, no, I just fucking fail. That was PlanetSide 2, not MWO. My bad, false alarm.

In other news, http://www.planetside2.com/ is taking signups for beta.
« Last Edit: 24 Dec 2011, 11:50 by Victoria Stecker »

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #68 on: 24 Dec 2011, 22:52 »

Are you all going to join specific houses or create a merc corp? If I have read correctly merc corps may still fight for any house.

I propose we create an EVE ex-patriot merc corp so we can all pvp alongside each other on the same team and completely stomp everyone else :)

We know EVE FC's are the meanest and toughest organizers out there and we will be a force to be reckoned with! 

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #69 on: 24 Dec 2011, 22:57 »

BTW I just registered "Vitalia" as my pilot name, so hopefully I'll be easy to find once we start blasting giant robots :0

Z.Sinraali

• Pod Captain
  • You're a Jovian spy, aren't you?
« Reply #70 on: 25 Dec 2011, 03:19 »

* Z.Sinraali gives Stecker a fail cookie.

I would be in favor of a merc corp, though circumstances will likely prevent me from playing until 2013, so maybe you shouldn't listen to me.

Actually, scratch that. Definitely don't listen to anything I say.
The assumption that other people are acting in good faith is the single most important principle underpinning human civilization.

Graanvlokkie

« Reply #71 on: 26 Dec 2011, 13:44 »

Are you all going to join specific houses or create a merc corp? If I have read correctly merc corps may still fight for any house.

I propose we create an EVE ex-patriot merc corp so we can all pvp alongside each other on the same team and completely stomp everyone else :)

We know EVE FC's are the meanest and toughest organizers out there and we will be a force to be reckoned with!

I registered "Graanvlokkie" the day after registrations opened!

I am really looking forward to this game. The amount of love and attention that the developers seem to be putting into the setting makes me happy. Big simulated mechs, nothing more needed.

I also now have a reason to dust off my Thrustmaster HOTAS Cougar joystick and throttle.

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #72 on: 26 Dec 2011, 16:15 »

I'm very scared for my wallet if they release some sort of game tie-in that is ANYTHING like the one they put out for the original xbox game 'steel battalion':

http://www.swotti.com/tmp/swotti/cacheC3RLZWWGYMF0DGFSAW9U/imgSteel%20Battalion6.jpg

Kasuko

• Wetgraver
  • Impunetrable
« Reply #73 on: 31 Dec 2011, 12:21 »

I've still got that controller, and I use it for mech games of all types   8)

Senn Typhos

• Pod Captain
  • Strong, Silent Type
« Reply #74 on: 31 Dec 2011, 13:02 »

I'm very scared for my wallet if they release some sort of game tie-in that is ANYTHING like the one they put out for the original xbox game 'steel battalion':

http://www.swotti.com/tmp/swotti/cacheC3RLZWWGYMF0DGFSAW9U/imgSteel%20Battalion6.jpg

Aw, now I miss having that thing...

I never made it past level 2 in Steel Battalion. :C
An important reminder for Placid RPers

One day they woke me up
So I could live forever
It's such a shame the same
Will never happen to you
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 12