Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

that the Minmatar military specifically recruits hardened criminals for service in its elite Valklear units, and that many of the Republic's most senior officers were originally recruited in this way?

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12

Author Topic: MechWarrior MMO  (Read 17412 times)

Mithfindel

• (a.k.a. Axel Kurki)
  • Pod Captain
Re: MechWarrior MMO
« Reply #135 on: 03 Aug 2012, 06:09 »

You old slaver, you won't be able to buy Mechwarriors.

Or well, you can kinda buy mercenaries.

Davlos

• Egger
  • Purveyor of Horrible Images
« Reply #136 on: 03 Aug 2012, 09:07 »

WTB Eve partners who are in closed beta as well: Add my name "Vitalia" (figured I'd make it easy)

Be careful about advertizing your ingame name. ;) You just broke the NDA with your previous posts.

I currently run with one of the best merc companies in the game. If you'd like you can join up here: www.the-bwc.com

I'll add you later today once work is done.

GoGo Yubari

• Omelette
« Reply #137 on: 03 Aug 2012, 09:40 »

Just bought my Founders, so I'm in the Beta too (and not breaking the NDA by saying that, btw). My name over there isn't very hard to guess figure out. Will be running on European servers eventually, though. Still installing as we speak.

Logan Fyreite

• Egger
    • Eve Opportunist
« Reply #138 on: 03 Aug 2012, 09:57 »

WTB Eve partners who are in closed beta as well: Add my name "Vitalia" (figured I'd make it easy)
I currently run with one of the best merc companies in the game.
Isn't it a BIT premature to call yourselves "one of the best" of anything in a game that's in Beta?  :bash:

I'm Logan Fyreite in game. I have added Vitalia

Davlos

• Egger
« Reply #139 on: 03 Aug 2012, 11:03 »

Isn't it a BIT premature to call yourselves "one of the best" of anything in a game that's in Beta?  :bash:

Considering how there are multiple groups that have been sprouting in the community that seek to mirror what we do in organization and standardized training I think the results speak for themselves. You're welcome to join me in there and have a gander.

I'm NEWater ingame, and pursuant to the NDA I'm not going to discuss anything else RE: gameplay.

Logan Fyreite

• Egger
    • Eve Opportunist
« Reply #140 on: 03 Aug 2012, 11:17 »

Considering how there are multiple groups that have been sprouting in the community that seek to mirror what we do in organization and standardized training I think the results speak for themselves. You're welcome to join me in there and have a gander.

I'm NEWater ingame, and pursuant to the NDA I'm not going to discuss anything else RE: gameplay.
Nah, in the minutes since my last post I have created my own Mechwarrior Merc company, we're among the best in the game.  :roll:

I think you miss the point of my comment, there's nothing to measure yourself against as a Merc company currently.

1. No ability to take or complete contracts
2. No real way to have "standardized training" short of forum/posts about how to play the game
3. Game mechanics, weapons and mech's are hardly set in stone yet, making it impossible to say "our stats are good so we are good."
4. Playing as a group vs playing pubbies in MWO is always a slaughter and is not a clear indication of any player level skill.

Anyways, those are some of the ways I would use to define a "top" merc company.

Davlos

• Egger
« Reply #141 on: 03 Aug 2012, 11:52 »

Nah, in the minutes since my last post I have created my own Mechwarrior Merc company, we're among the best in the game.  :roll:

I think you miss the point of my comment, there's nothing to measure yourself against as a Merc company currently.

1. No ability to take or complete contracts
2. No real way to have "standardized training" short of forum/posts about how to play the game
3. Game mechanics, weapons and mech's are hardly set in stone yet, making it impossible to say "our stats are good so we are good."
4. Playing as a group vs playing pubbies in MWO is always a slaughter and is not a clear indication of any player level skill.

Anyways, those are some of the ways I would use to define a "top" merc company.

Way to be a smartass, mate.

If you really must know, there are a couple of things that can't be discussed outside of the beta, or the company itself. We have that criteria of yours and other bases covered, and for training in comms, formation, coordination and basic training we use MW: Living Legends. Not everything in MWO and MW:LL is going to be similar, but the concepts in both are congruent enough.

Logan Fyreite

• Egger
    • Eve Opportunist
« Reply #142 on: 03 Aug 2012, 12:17 »

Hey, one line of smartass for the rest of being a genuine, my friends in real life would tell you that's better than average for a conversation with me. MW : LL is pretty fun as well, have they released all the new mechs for it yet? in I think it is 0.6.0?

Well I just looked at the website, and it looks like they did. Nice, I might have to go back to playing that a bit.

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #143 on: 03 Aug 2012, 12:19 »

Stop measuring mech-peens it's beta.

I'm sure any crew on voice comms is slaughtering 99% of anyone they fight right now.  Right now it's dice-roll for which random idiot team mates you will get.

Happy to play with either of you I'll see you on the field! :)

Logan Fyreite

• Egger
    • Eve Opportunist
« Reply #144 on: 03 Aug 2012, 12:31 »

Stop measuring mech-peens it's beta.
Haha see you out there.

Ken

• Will Rule for Food
  • Veteran
  • Must Love Robots
« Reply #145 on: 03 Aug 2012, 16:03 »

I am also a beta player as of today.

And I am a complete newb.

Hamish Grayson

« Reply #146 on: 04 Aug 2012, 08:07 »

Is Alex Karrde Greg from the No Guts No Galaxy Podcast?

kalaratiri

• Kalalalaakiota
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
  • Shes mad but shes magic, theres no lie in her fire
« Reply #147 on: 05 Aug 2012, 02:33 »

CEO of Noir.?

"Eve roleplayers scare me." - The Mittani

Hamish Grayson

« Reply #148 on: 05 Aug 2012, 09:07 »

Yea, that guy.

GoGo Yubari

• Omelette
« Reply #149 on: 05 Aug 2012, 09:09 »

I was under the impression that he is indeed, but I'm not 100% updated with the latest batch of Eve personalities so I could also be wrong.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12