Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That being a cruel slaver is actually a fitting description for Angel Cartel members as well?

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14]

Author Topic: WARHAMMURZ! (table breakage possible)  (Read 24625 times)

Esna Pitoojee

• Keeper of the Harem
  • Demigod
Re: WARHAMMURZ! (table breakage possible)
« Reply #195 on: 16 Oct 2013, 18:50 »

Autocannon squads.  Autocannon squads everywhere.
I like the implications of Gallentians being punched in the face by walking up to a Minmatar as they so freely use another person's culture as a fad.

Repentence Tyrathlion

• Omelette
  • RIP?
« Reply #196 on: 17 Oct 2013, 02:19 »

Our dice will block out the sun!

Elmund Egivand

• Pod Captain
  • Will jib for ISK
« Reply #197 on: 17 Oct 2013, 03:01 »

Autocannon squads.  Autocannon squads everywhere.

My Dakka beats your Dakka.
Deep sea fish loves you forever

Drakolus

« Reply #198 on: 04 Jan 2014, 09:38 »

N-N-N-Necro?

So I am about 4 days away from returning to the land of large fries, FREEDUM and awesomeness and also about to break my 5-ish year table-top wargame drought.  When I left, Warhamster 40k was awash with cheese.  Chemical flame throwers that ate Marines alive, Tyranids popping out of the ground and horking out 20 attacks in one turn and Valkyries, Valkyries everywhere (with the cheating b-tard claiming they had a 4+ invuln every time they moved).  I don't particularly remember what edition of 40k it was but I think it was 5th?

How have things progressed since then?  How is 6th ed stacking up and how do Vanilla Marines fare?  I have my own Chapter, loosely based on the Salamanders (I claim to be a successor chapter even though GW is like "nope").  I'm guessing I am going to get slapped all over the table for a good while while I get used to things but any tips?  Any new surprises to watch out for since about 5 years ago?

orange

• Dex 1.0
  • Veteran
« Reply #199 on: 04 Jan 2014, 11:21 »

Monstrous creatures abound!  Especially since new Tyranids hit next week.  CSM have their princes and infernal engines.  Tau have the Riptide.  Eldar have the Wraithknight.  Grey Knights have their Dreadknight.

Codex Marines - Centurions (not a monstrous creature), which have nice rules, but (I think) horrible models and are out of left field when it comes to the fluff.  There is the anti-air tank, which is a solid model with interesting rules.

Flyers, especially of the MC variety, are still in vogue (see Chaos Helldrake) and I suspect the Tyranids will only add to the numbers.  Everyone has access to flyers (for the most part).

There are also fortifications, which give access some interesting options as well.

So, plenty of surprises.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14]