Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The Wiyrkomi megacorporation is known for the trustworthiness and stubborn patriotism of the founding Seituoda family, who are still thought to own the controlling interest in the company?

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 11

Author Topic: Deus Ex: Human Revolution  (Read 16074 times)

Ken

• Will Rule for Food
  • Veteran
  • Must Love Robots
Deus Ex: Human Revolution
« on: 22 Aug 2011, 16:52 »

Comes out tomorrow.  Who's psyched up for this?

Crucifire

Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution
« Reply #1 on: 22 Aug 2011, 17:24 »

Wow, really? I guess I kind of forgot about this one. I was a lot more psyched about it a year ago but I'm sure I'll find the time to play it.

Vincent Pryce

« Reply #2 on: 22 Aug 2011, 17:28 »

The Curse of EU

We have to wait till Friday :bash:

And yes I am excited hyped about it.

Desiderya

« Reply #3 on: 22 Aug 2011, 18:10 »

Noes. It correlates with the TSW beta.
I'm really looking forward to that game. Dx1 was basically *the game* for me.

Mizhara

• Prophet of New Eden
  • Demigod
  • The Truth will make ye Fret.
« Reply #4 on: 22 Aug 2011, 18:13 »

After DE:IW I refuse to get too hyped.

... who am I kidding? I'm giddy like a schoolgirl. I want to see if they can recapture what made DE awesome.

Misan

• Shady Thukker & Ninja Admin
  • Pod Captain
    • Serious Thukking Business - Blog
« Reply #5 on: 22 Aug 2011, 19:51 »

I think it unlocks in 6 hours here, so I'm, well, impatiently waiting doesn't really capture the feeling. Almost want to just go to sleep early to cut the waiting short.
« Last Edit: 22 Aug 2011, 19:54 by Misan »
EVE Blog and Project Status: on hold -- busy being Thukker-esque IRL.
Twitter
What I'm busy with, if you're curious.

Kaleigh Doyle

« Reply #6 on: 22 Aug 2011, 20:03 »

Trying to figure out if this is going to be a decent game or not. Deuce Ex 2 left a very sour taste in my mouth.

Altarr Orkot

• Clonejack
« Reply #7 on: 22 Aug 2011, 20:16 »

Trying to figure out if this is going to be a decent game or not. Deuce Ex 2 left a very sour taste in my mouth.

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/reviews/2011/08/the-future-begins-with-you-ars-review-deus-ex-human-revolution.ars  The review says it's awesome, the general consensus from 'the internet masses' from playing the leaked beta build says it's awesome.  So it should be great.

Mizhara

• Prophet of New Eden
  • Demigod
« Reply #8 on: 23 Aug 2011, 05:14 »

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/reviews/2011/08/the-future-begins-with-you-ars-review-deus-ex-human-revolution.ars  The review says it's awesome, the general consensus from 'the internet masses' from playing the leaked beta build says it's awesome.  So it should be great.

The 'general consensus' also says Halol isn't utter shite (which it is), Gears of War is epic (which it isn't) and Madden games keep selling no matter what. That kind of news just gives me utter shivers, since the 'casual' gamer of today would hate Deus Ex.

Edit: The review definitely lifted my spirits, I'll grant that. It does sound awesome... but I can't help but feel it sounds too good to be true.
I've been disappointed by too many games I've waited for with a yearning akin to that you get when you wait for a loved one at a train station.

... then the car opens and clowns tumble out and pie you in the face.
« Last Edit: 23 Aug 2011, 05:20 by Mizhara »

Seriphyn

• Demigod
  • New and improved, and only in FFXIV
« Reply #9 on: 23 Aug 2011, 06:49 »

The 'general consensus' also says Halol isn't utter shite (which it is)

Need some citation for that, I'm pretty sure the very first Halo was marked as a genre-definer for FPS on consoles. One of the best AI that still thrashes some modern games, amazing co-op mode, great variation in environments and shift in pacings, etc and so forth.

As for this, yes, Friday better come sooner. Isn't there some way to trick Steam into thinking my computer is an American one?! lol

Mizhara

• Prophet of New Eden
  • Demigod
« Reply #10 on: 23 Aug 2011, 07:17 »

Genre definer for FPS on consoles... and completely and utterly without any innovation or even decency when compared to FPS games on PCs. It never ceases to amaze me how something can be hailed as the second coming of Jebus if it's on consoles, when it's not even reaching the contemporary standards on PCs.

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
« Reply #11 on: 23 Aug 2011, 08:48 »

I pre-ordered at the last minute, but I'm not going to play HR until I've played the first game.

Because I had stupid parents who believed video games were horrible and responsible for all the bad things in the world (hell, my mother though Descent 2 was too violent for me to be playing), I grew up pretty sheltered from video games outside of the occasional play at a friend's house, or gameboy games (which somehow didn't cause a problem?) until I was in high school, and even then didn't really get to branch out until college. So I haven't even played the first one yet. ._.
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.

Mizhara

• Prophet of New Eden
  • Demigod
« Reply #12 on: 23 Aug 2011, 09:01 »

In that case, Morwen, you need to keep in mind that a lot of time has passed. It's a glorious game, but by today's standards there'll be parts of the gameplay, graphics and so on and so forth that'll be... problematic, for some newcomers. It's a hard game with very little in the way of mercy for fuck-ups, and today it requires a certain amount of forgiveness for gameplay/graphics/design features that might not be tolerated in today's games. A lot of edges that weren't even noticeable back then, but might scratch and irritate today.

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
« Reply #13 on: 23 Aug 2011, 11:07 »

I know. I was going to play in that order on the basis that it's probably more fun to have HR reveal the background behind :stuff: in the first game rather than walk into the first game knowing all of that at the beginning. :)

Though, I probably shouldn't, thinking about it - I hate being the one going "WAAAAAAH SPOILERZ OMG MAKE IT STOP!!!11!1!" :P
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.

Kaleigh Doyle

« Reply #14 on: 23 Aug 2011, 12:25 »

Got it. Seems pretty solid starting out.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 11