Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The Caldari State is made up of eight mega-corporations and has three major political factions?

Author Topic: Re: POLL IGS Gallente politicans  (Read 691 times)

Ciarente

• Owner of the thickest rose-colored glasses in the Cluster
  • The Mods
  • Pod Captain
Re: POLL IGS Gallente politicans
« on: 29 Nov 2010, 20:20 »

Get off your high-horse will you?

[mod]Personal attack[/mod]

Silver Night > I feel like we should keep Cia in reserve. A little bit for Cia's sanity, but mostly because her putting on her mod hat is like calling in Rommel to deal with a paintball game.

Ciarente

• The Mods
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #1 on: 29 Nov 2010, 20:26 »

So, in facwar, there are ranks and medals that are handed out for accomplishing missions and conquering strategic complexes. These grant standing with the militia corporation. Every integer value of standing grants a new rank. More details on this game mechanic are available here:

http://wiki.eveonline.com/en/wiki/Ranks

My character, Julianus Soter, has achieved militia standings greater than 9.0 before modifying skills, earning the rank of Luminaire General. Because he's not in the militia, he's inactive and the medal doesn't show. The standings are visible in-game, however. Same goes for Seriphyn.

Why I would need to go over this on the forums to defend myself from personal attacks is beyond me, of course.

Thank you for clarifying that.

I did not make a personal attack on you, enough with playing the damn victim card.
[mod]Personal attack [/mod]
Silver Night > I feel like we should keep Cia in reserve. A little bit for Cia's sanity, but mostly because her putting on her mod hat is like calling in Rommel to deal with a paintball game.

Ciarente

• The Mods
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #2 on: 29 Nov 2010, 20:29 »

I don't think I've ever seen a bolder admission meta-gaming and god-moding at the same time specifically for the craven purpose of using it to attack another character's credibility.

You decry how dangerous it is to let a player claim IC authority and potentially damage the lore, but advocate OOCly telling another player that trivial details that have zero impact on you are open season for you to simply interpret differently and use against them to attack their credibility?

[mod]Personal attacks [/mod]