Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

the 25ers were a political activist organization that fought for repealing starship licensing fees, laying the foundations for the independent capsuleer community.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5

Author Topic: EA to take over Star Wars games  (Read 6150 times)

Saikoyu

• Omelette
EA to take over Star Wars games
« on: 07 May 2013, 06:28 »

Story link here

I'm not looking forward to this.

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
Re: EA to take over Star Wars games
« Reply #1 on: 07 May 2013, 06:31 »

What, they weren't already?
I almost couldn't tell, what with the last several not being quite up to snuff. :P
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.

Caellach Marellus

• CONCORD Poster Boy.
  • Omelette
  • Beware of Geeks bearing GIFs.
    • The Goblin's Cave
« Reply #2 on: 07 May 2013, 06:43 »

It's fine, SWTOR ended up great....  :roll:

Just no more Star Wars dancing games and we'll all be happy. Thank you.
"I blame society for anything I've said that you disagree with."

Graelyn

• Ye Olde One
  • Veteran
  • These things just seem to happen...
« Reply #3 on: 07 May 2013, 07:01 »

Star Wars has been dead for a long time.

Those who have refused to accept that will now watch as the corpse is defiled for years on end. They will also pay for the privilege. If the franchise had any quality left in it, this would be tragic. It's not though.

If we can hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!

Esna Pitoojee

• Keeper of the Harem
  • Demigod
« Reply #4 on: 07 May 2013, 11:44 »

I think I'll go load up my copy of Empire at War and cry a bit.
I like the implications of Gallentians being punched in the face by walking up to a Minmatar as they so freely use another person's culture as a fad.

Safai

• Toast &
  • Omelette
  • "Phantom Spaceman is a big fat jerk!"
« Reply #5 on: 07 May 2013, 11:49 »

Those who have refused to accept that will now watch as the corpse is defiled for years on end. They will also pay for the privilege. If the franchise had any quality left in it, this would be tragic. It's not though.

I really wish you weren't so right about this, Grae.  :(

Creep

• Omelette
« Reply #6 on: 07 May 2013, 12:57 »

DON'T WORRY GUYS, EA HAS NEVER FUCKED ANYTHING UP BEFORE

Saikoyu

• Omelette
« Reply #7 on: 07 May 2013, 13:18 »

I don't think I'm that bitter-vet about it.  But yeah, near enough.  Personally, I'm done with most of the star wars franchise I think at this point.  I'll keep a finger in TOR as long as its in F2P, I'm not hard core enough to care about how "gimped" the F2P version is.  Might drop some money on it for one of those skiffs. 

I'll give any new movies a shot, Disney is 50 50 and I can wear sunglasses for the JJ-flare. 

I'm not blowing any more money in a forth Star Wars RPG, I already have three earlier versions, don't need another.  A bit sad that actually, I got my first RPG book because it was star wars when I was about 6 and had no clue what-so-ever what a role playing game was. 

And I'll quit hoping for a follow on X-wing game, nothing against EA specifically, but as far as I can tell, there hasn't been a decent space flight sim in years thanks to consoles and FPS being king. 

Lyn Farel

« Reply #8 on: 07 May 2013, 17:04 »

Please don't resurrect SW 1313, please don't resurrect SW 1313, please...

Seriously, as much as it pains me to see that project dead (it really does), I would rather prefer it to rest in peace than being financed by EA.

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #9 on: 07 May 2013, 18:44 »

There hasn't been a good Star Wars game in about what, 15 years?

There hasn't been a good Star Wars movie in about what, 30 years?

This announcement should surprise no one.

I am looking forward to $200 'collectors edition' wookie game box granting you access to day one DLC such as different colored bandoleers for Chewbacca for $15 each, different vests for Han Solo for $20 each, and also cosmetic lightsaber DLC for $50 (for the red one).

Also game will end prematurely and the first big 'expansion' containing the original last third of the game will be available for a low, low price of fuck you EA you have no soul.

Creep

• Omelette
« Reply #10 on: 07 May 2013, 20:33 »

Knights of the Old Republic. The second one could have been good but they screwed that one up by releasing it for the Christmas rush with 25% of the content unreleased.

Gwen Ikiryo

• Omelette
« Reply #11 on: 07 May 2013, 21:19 »

Knights of the Old Republic. The second one could have been good but they screwed that one up by releasing it for the Christmas rush with 25% of the content unreleased.

Hey, say what you will about it's bugs and missing content, but KOTOR 2 was a fantastic game when you got down to it's core. The writing was probably the best in any piece of Star Wars derived fiction around. And mod projects have since fixed pretty much every bug and restored most of the lost content, now.

On topic: That sucks. LucasArts has been a shadow of it's former self for a long time, now, but it still led to some good stuff every so often. I doubt we can expect the same from EA, exclusively.

Creep

• Omelette
« Reply #12 on: 07 May 2013, 21:26 »

Hey, say what you will about it's bugs and missing content, but KOTOR 2 was a fantastic game when you got down to it's core. The writing was probably the best in any piece of Star Wars derived fiction around. And mod projects have since fixed pretty much every bug and restored most of the lost content, now.

On topic: That sucks. LucasArts has been a shadow of it's former self for a long time, now, but it still led to some good stuff every so often. I doubt we can expect the same from EA, exclusively.
Wait, have they finished the HK factory + Voice Acting?! BECAUSE OH MY GOD THAT WOULD BE AMAZING. And yeah, the writing was pretty fucking ace. I really liked the way they turned the Force on its head.

Gwen Ikiryo

• Omelette
« Reply #13 on: 07 May 2013, 21:28 »

Wait, have they finished the HK factory + Voice Acting?! BECAUSE OH MY GOD THAT WOULD BE AMAZING. And yeah, the writing was pretty fucking ace. I really liked the way they turned the Force on its head.

Yep. They have. I think they even restored the missing planet, somehow? I'm not sure. I haven't played the latest version, but I understand they had some developer support.

Creep

• Omelette
« Reply #14 on: 07 May 2013, 21:31 »

Yeah, this new knowledge makes me not care about EA preparing to molest Star Wars' decaying corpse. I must go and download this shit. If I don't return, don't weep for me. Tears indicate that you are ready to be blasted, meatbags!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5