Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The number of young, idealistic scientists found in Verge Vendor is disproportionately high? (Region Description)

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Avatars, sigs and you.  (Read 6116 times)

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
Re: Avatars, sigs and you.
« Reply #15 on: 25 Feb 2011, 10:38 »

My current avatar is supposed to be an IC surveillance image representing one of the few camera shots that have captured GoGo during her 3 year absence from public scrutiny. Basically, one day I was wondering what the hell was my character up to since I hadn't played the game for a long time. The avatar is the result of that.. and a low grade mystery to crack for anyone who looks close enough. Just some idle fun with a character I wasn't playing at the time.

Where's it from originally though?

And mine's a doctored image of Brandon Lee, with tattoos and dogtag...pretty much what I would expect Seriphyn to look like IRL, considering Seri is Jin-Mei/Deteis, and Brandon himself is Chinese/European.

It's pre-Zergification Kerrigan, from one of the SC2 trailers, iirc.

As for my avatar/sig... well, avatar's just a representation of Morwen via one of the staple tektek chibis. No sig at the moment because I haven't gotten around to making one yet. If/when I do, I'll post again. :P
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.

BloodBird

• Intaki Still-Rager
  • Veteran
  • The untraditional traditionalist
« Reply #16 on: 25 Feb 2011, 15:15 »

Morwen is right; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=InkbKY4zLlU

[spoiler][/spoiler]

My own (current) avatar is a cut from a fan-art piece, of a character from the first Bleach movie. I'm using it because;

A) I tried to get another avatar made from another fan-art piece, however it would not let me cut it down small enough without ruining the quality so I had to pick this one, and

B) I seriously like this one better due in part to the... knowing little smirk, on her face. Considering the personality of the character it was taken from, this one seems far darker - grim, seasoned, and with that hint of viciousness to her. This reflects well my main character in-game at this time, or how he will likely be when I'm done ruining his life.

*EDIT* 06/12/12: Added the old avatar I described in this post, for clarity.
« Last Edit: 06 Dec 2012, 03:27 by BloodBird »

GoGo Yubari

• Omelette
« Reply #17 on: 25 Feb 2011, 17:20 »

Morwen is right; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=InkbKY4zLlU

Yep, well I guess that's part one of my low grade mystery solved. Hehe.

Awesome cinematic too, though.

Kaleigh Doyle

« Reply #18 on: 25 Feb 2011, 21:33 »

Generally speaking, the only forums I'm really actively involved in are related to EVE, so the avatar and signature generally relate to the feeling of the character represented. Since Kal's a wicked little bitch I tend to find pictures that represent who she is, RL lookalikes, or the avatar taken from the game. I happen to think she's pretty enough as an avatar so I'll keep it for now. ^^

Major JSilva

« Reply #19 on: 02 Mar 2011, 05:38 »

Generally in any related game I play for a long time and comitted to. I have had a related signature so it only felt natural to get one made. I paid mine to get made but had a direct say in how it was developed.

Basicily its supposed to be a Wyvern emerging from cyno field, think more dramatic then the ones you see in game. Its flanked by Mantis fighter bombers and the dragonflies to add more dynamic size.

The quote "Death smiles at us all, all you can do is smile back" I took it from probalily one of most favorite movies of all time. I let you guess at what movie it is.

What it represents more so the war-like nature of the Caldari. if you read the PF the Caldari don't have the same size of fleet of the Amarr or Federation but there equaly as troublesome.

The Avatar is a attempted more how would I envision my character in-game this was pre-incarna engine creation. I'm still not gonna switch to my in-game photo for a Avatar.

I'll try and find some old other game signatures I had made and post them here. Though many computer switches between my  houses over the years and cleaning out of photobucket I've lost alot of my stuff I used to work on.
« Last Edit: 02 Mar 2011, 05:42 by Major JSilva »

Saede Riordan

• Immoral Compass
  • Demigod
  • Through the distorted lens I found a cure
    • All the cool hippies have tumblr
« Reply #20 on: 02 Mar 2011, 10:50 »

my avatar's and sigs are ones I make for myself, generally to fit the theme of whatever forum I'm on, in this case I wanted something to advertise my art, and the hurricane is a very nice ship imo.
Personal Blog//Character Blog
A ship in harbour is safe, but that's not what ships are built for.

Shae Tiann

• Sweet little bad girl
  • Egger
    • Sweet Little Bad Girl
« Reply #21 on: 02 Mar 2011, 21:39 »

I make my own sigs/avs, as well, though I rather like the cutesy Tektek chibis, and use a somewhat edited one as a default for LiveJournal (shut up). The graphics I use usually represent who I am or who my character is. Sometimes I'll do my own artwork; more often I blend an existing image with my own work and a few effects. My last sig fit with a sort of standardised theme that I maintained for all other Hellcats forum sigs, using the most striking feature of the character, along with a ship of our choice. They were intended to be eye-catching and help people quickly identify Hellcats members on the Eve-O and corporate forums.

My avatar on the Veto forums I made at the same time as my current forum sig, using a different image of the same Madureira character (Red Monika from Battle Chasers; I'm such a comic books geek), edited slightly to blend with Shae's Gallente background.

Saede Riordan

• Immoral Compass
  • Demigod
  • Through the distorted lens I found a cure
    • All the cool hippies have tumblr
« Reply #22 on: 02 Mar 2011, 22:17 »

I make my own sigs/avs, as well, though I rather like the cutesy Tektek chibis, and use a somewhat edited one as a default for LiveJournal (shut up). The graphics I use usually represent who I am or who my character is. Sometimes I'll do my own artwork; more often I blend an existing image with my own work and a few effects. My last sig fit with a sort of standardised theme that I maintained for all other Hellcats forum sigs, using the most striking feature of the character, along with a ship of our choice. They were intended to be eye-catching and help people quickly identify Hellcats members on the Eve-O and corporate forums.

I actually really really like those. They're really really cool. 0_0
Personal Blog//Character Blog
A ship in harbour is safe, but that's not what ships are built for.

Mizhara

• Prophet of New Eden
  • Demigod
  • The Truth will make ye Fret.
« Reply #23 on: 18 Mar 2011, 23:30 »

Avatar: Modified Ushra'Khan logo. Stolen shamelessly from U'K internal forums.
Sig: Shae Tiann's marvelous hand-drawn artwork, every single piece but the font is hand/custom made by Shae Tiann. I definitely recommend her as an Avatar/Sig artist. Still waiting for the avatar she was supposed to cook up for me, though.

The sig is self-explainable for the most part. Ushra'Khan bloody fist of Matar, except it's hand-drawn and new. The eyes are Mizhara's own blind eyes, there's space and there's Mizhara's oft-asked question to her Amarrian victims... "Where is your God now?" as they die or just finished dying.

Edit: Strange... the sig is gone. Let me find it again and figure out where it went, then put it back in.
Edit2: Fixed. Wonder why it was gone?
« Last Edit: 18 Mar 2011, 23:34 by Mizhara »

DosTuMai

• Dirty Pirate Bitch
  • Omelette
  • Yarrr~~
    • Ravings of a Lunatic
« Reply #24 on: 20 Mar 2011, 01:10 »

My current avatar is working on the principal of how I felt at the moment I started using it: people are st00pid.
I may change it again, depends on my whim...

Sig has a do while loop because I'm a nerd, the quote is from another forum - Linux related, and the image is something I cooked up myself. I'll leave the translation of the Chinese because I'm awesome liek that.

Other forums, I use different avatars & sigs. It's boring to use the same thing over & over, and they're not all EVE-related.
Signature choice is usually based on my current mood, and what the forum is about.
do { aLittleDance(); make(aLittleLove&); cin.get(down); } while(tonight);
Quote from: Raynman37
Go down to the end, take a left at etc and you should see usr right there in front of you.

Carmilla

• Clonejack
« Reply #25 on: 20 Mar 2011, 06:18 »

Avatar.... well it just kicks ass...

Sig.... well it will be changing soon, though til last week my main RP toon was a Geisha in game :)

BloodBird

• Intaki Still-Rager
  • Veteran
  • The untraditional traditionalist
« Reply #26 on: 06 Dec 2012, 04:07 »

Necroing - what happens when you find many old treads in the ongoing quest to find all game-related treads on 21 pages worth of posting-history. I am not apologizing.

[spoiler][/spoiler]

The current avatar as of 06/12/12. Based on a bigger picture made by the character's creator, obviously. Like so many of my previous avatars this one depicts my favorite fictional person. This one might be among the newest and best versions I've seen, I love the details and the expression, even if some of it is lost when the Avatar is compressed to fit the forum.

Seriphyn

• Demigod
  • New and improved, and only in FFXIV
« Reply #27 on: 06 Dec 2012, 04:30 »

My avatar is a man in blue chainmail carrying a hare in his hands.

orange

• Dex 1.0
  • Veteran
« Reply #28 on: 06 Dec 2012, 08:49 »

My avatar is a man in blue chainmail carrying a hare in his hands.

Is the hare biting his arm?

Seriphyn

• Demigod
  • New and improved, and only in FFXIV
« Reply #29 on: 06 Dec 2012, 10:11 »

No. The hare is just looking in that particular direction.
Pages: 1 [2] 3