Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

the Fleet Coordination Commission or FCORD was created in direct response to Nation Incursions. It main purpose is to alert of Incursions and help marshal fleets to repel them.

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Hi there.  (Read 1577 times)

BloodBird

• Intaki Still-Rager
  • Veteran
  • The untraditional traditionalist
Re: Hi there.
« Reply #15 on: 15 Jun 2012, 13:06 »

I'll be honest.

I can understand the hesitation - if nothing else turning something you enjoy into a job or industry can be a bad thing for a variety of reasons. However, if you enjoy doing something, and a are good at it, like a wise man once said 'never do it for free.' I don't agree completely with that, but if people are willing to commission you to do some work for them and wish to pay you for doing something you enjoy doing regardless, there is little in your way besides your own decision.

So here's the thing; if you are in any way interested in making art of this fine, fine grade for others in exchange for a currency of some sort, I'd be interested in your skills. You can name your price, long as it's somewhat reasonable for the request and the work at hand. (I'm not going to pay you hundreds of euro's or billions of ISK for say, a small avatar, for instance.)

You work at whatever pace you want or can, if you tell me it might be weeks or months until I'll see the product of your work there is little reason for me to complain, unless I am, say, paying extra to have it in a few days for instance. I have a life as well, and completely understand if other things are more desirable.

Obviously it will be the duty of the client to provide any material you need, such as references, examples of desired effects and such.

I think it goes without saying you set the pace for how many and/or often commissions you bother accepting and doing, but I'll say it regardless ;)

Anyhow, on a different topic. I'm assuming your corp/alliance will be more than enough to help out on any PVP ideas and/or fittings, so you should be sett and not lack for anything anytime soon. However, if in doubt or if you wonder about anything - not absolutely just about PVP, mind you - asking here is not a bad move. Though we all know quite allot about RP the knowledge-base here can likely help you with... just about anything EVE-related.

Anyhow, take care, enjoy yourself here, and don't tire of the game, ever. While it's far from flawless EVE is generally the best MMO around for a variety of reasons.

Seriphyn

• Demigod
  • New and improved, and only in FFXIV
Re: Hi there.
« Reply #16 on: 16 Jul 2012, 21:05 »

what why didn't i see this thread /o\
Pages: 1 [2]