Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That docked frigates are hooked in with massive electromagnetic anchors? (The Burning Life p. 75)

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6

Author Topic: Diablo III: I have no gold and I must click  (Read 6925 times)

Tiberious Thessalonia

• Everyone's favorite philositoaster
  • Pod Captain
  • Panini Press
Diablo III: I have no gold and I must click
« on: 15 May 2012, 10:55 »

So, is anyone else currently getting their lives eaten by this?  I pre-ordered a while ago, got it installed, and woke up at 4 am to be able to play it.

The release was a little crappy, with people having trouble logging in, but as I understand it that is starting to get ironed out now, and the general reaction I've been reading online (IE away from the official forums, because official forums are always awful.  Take a look at EVE's for example) has been overwhelmingly positive, except from people who didn't seem to play Diablo I and Diablo II (one complaint I saw was about the random maps  :ugh:)

I made a Wizard as my first character, probably going to try a Witch Doctor next.

Oh, and uh, I might not be in EVE for a while.  Just so you know.
Do you see it now?  Something is different.  Something is never was in the first part!

Valadeus

Re: Diablo III: I have no gold and I must click
« Reply #1 on: 15 May 2012, 11:04 »

DIE TOASTER!!!!

Oh wait, wrong game we're talking about. I haven't really invested too much time into the Diablo series, but I did beta test Diablo III and I have the game if I choose to play it. Personally, it's not consuming my life much right now.

You will be missed in-game.

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #2 on: 15 May 2012, 11:58 »

I dislike everything about Diablo, but I have a few friends whom I owe some playtime with, so I imagine I'll be doing the click-loot-instant gratification  circle as well.

Repentence Tyrathlion

• Omelette
  • RIP?
« Reply #3 on: 15 May 2012, 12:10 »

Never played Diablo, tried a demo of Diablo II and was not hugely impressed.  Loot fetishism RPGs have never been a big thing for me.  I play RPGs for the stories, generally, not the ability to do horrendous amounts of damage to everything in sight.  Though that's always a fun bonus.

Tiberious Thessalonia

• Pod Captain
  • Panini Press
« Reply #4 on: 15 May 2012, 12:16 »

Then yes, Mortiis, you will be dissapointed.  Although, I will say that I am enjoying the D3 story a lot more than the D2 one, since the D3 story seems to be a lot more present.

I imagine after a few playthroughs I'll be ignoring everything anybody says in short order like I do in d2, but in the mean time its nice to actually give a shit about cutscenes again!
Do you see it now?  Something is different.  Something is never was in the first part!

Safai

• Toast &
  • Omelette
  • "Phantom Spaceman is a big fat jerk!"
« Reply #5 on: 15 May 2012, 13:05 »

D2 on Hardcore was my favorite, not to mention dueling as soon as you were able. My attention span for leveling up is short so I found it to be the most entertaining way to play. Especially in a group of friends; roll new characters, play for a night, then have gladiator matches to the death.

As I understand D3 has no PVP yet? I'll get the game at some point I think, but those Arenas will likely be my main attraction.
« Last Edit: 15 May 2012, 13:07 by Safai »

Tiberious Thessalonia

• Pod Captain
  • Panini Press
« Reply #6 on: 15 May 2012, 13:10 »

Yeah, no PvP as yet.  Not sure what they are doing as far as hardcore PvP goes.  Considering some of the posts Ive seen coming out of the Blizzard forums complaining about things that are fairly staple Diablo things (I'm still waiting on 'I made a hardcore character because I am hardcore, but when I died my character died for good!  FUBLIZ!!11one') I wouldn't be surprised if they dont put hardcore PvP in.

They are keeping the Real Money Auction House out of Hardcore because I am pretty certain they know that some idiot is going to spend a thousand dollars on gear and then get killed 5 minutes later and try to sue them.

Lyn Farel

« Reply #7 on: 15 May 2012, 13:15 »

Never played Diablo, tried a demo of Diablo II and was not hugely impressed.  Loot fetishism RPGs have never been a big thing for me.  I play RPGs for the stories, generally, not the ability to do horrendous amounts of damage to everything in sight.  Though that's always a fun bonus.

Same.

Caellach Marellus

• CONCORD Poster Boy.
  • Omelette
  • Beware of Geeks bearing GIFs.
    • The Goblin's Cave
« Reply #8 on: 15 May 2012, 15:08 »

It's D2 with an updated graphics engine a few new classes and an improved craft system.

I'll wait till the hubbub settles down and it's cheap in the summer sales, when I have both money AND time.
"I blame society for anything I've said that you disagree with."

Myyona

• Spilling beans
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #9 on: 15 May 2012, 15:38 »

I would be more compelled if there was (is?) a class like the Necromancer from Diablo 2. I really dig in-direct control and I had a good deal of great nights drinking beer while my minions tore things apart, supported here and there by a curse or magic missile.
EVE Online Lorebook at eve-inspiracy.com

Caellach Marellus

• CONCORD Poster Boy.
  • Omelette
    • The Goblin's Cave
« Reply #10 on: 15 May 2012, 15:40 »

Really? My necro went afk while his Blood Golem murdered everything.

Seems the closest to it now though is the witch doctor.

Aldrith Shutaq

• Fleet Captain
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #11 on: 15 May 2012, 15:40 »

Actually the Witch Doctor is pretty much just like the old Necro; Curses, damage spells and summonables.

I have a bunch of RL friends getting this so I feel compelled. Will probably wait a week for the bustle to die down and the kinks to be worked out.

GoGo Yubari

• Omelette
« Reply #12 on: 15 May 2012, 16:04 »

Bought it, couldn't install, spent more than enough time hunting and trying various fixes (provided by the community). Nothing.

Frankly, I don't know even what to say.

Caellach Marellus

• CONCORD Poster Boy.
  • Omelette
    • The Goblin's Cave
« Reply #13 on: 15 May 2012, 16:45 »

The launch went pretty terribly too. You know you've cocked something up with your launch when the top trend on Twitter worldwide is one of your error messages.  :bash:

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
« Reply #14 on: 15 May 2012, 17:50 »

The launch went pretty terribly too. You know you've cocked something up with your launch when the top trend on Twitter worldwide is one of your error messages.  :bash:

There is/was an Error 37 thread on EVEO, I had a hard time not laughing at the office when I saw it. :lol:
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6