Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

that small, portable credit scanners can be used for facilitating personal transactions? (p. 90)

Author Topic: Metagaming ?  (Read 1656 times)

Lyn Farel

Metagaming ?
« on: 02 Apr 2011, 06:03 »

http://www.eveonline.com/ingameboard.asp?a=topic&threadID=1490564

What, seriously ? He is aware of all of this ? Of what happened in the chronicles The End of the World ? Of the SCT and Sanctuary being behind it ? Of everything ?

No way Im buying that. Or maybe I missed some damn very informative piece of news of the Scope, revealing all of this.

And I can't believe people are answering to that.

Seriphyn

• Demigod
  • New and improved, and only in FFXIV
Re: Metagaming ?
« Reply #1 on: 02 Apr 2011, 06:14 »

I think that can be overlooked in light of how much effort has gone into the document, maybe?

hellgremlin

• Pathological liar, do not believe
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #2 on: 02 Apr 2011, 06:17 »

He's just trying to do what Dropbear told us to do - advance the plot by researching the fuck out of it :p

Mizhara

• Prophet of New Eden
  • Demigod
  • The Truth will make ye Fret.
« Reply #3 on: 02 Apr 2011, 06:18 »

Hrm, not taking a stand on whether or not it's metagaming (there's a great many far worse problems with IGS RP than this) but I have to say I'm somewhat intrigued by that stuff. It's a cool effort, metagaming or not.

Louella Dougans

• \o/
  • Demigod
  • \o/
« Reply #4 on: 02 Apr 2011, 06:36 »

frogs and scientists, vOv
\o/

Akrasjel Lanate

• Omelette
« Reply #5 on: 02 Apr 2011, 07:39 »

What, seriously ? He is aware of all of this ? Of what happened in the chronicles The End of the World ? Of the SCT and Sanctuary being behind it ? Of everything ?

So ill ask is it possible to get in possesion of that info IC, and not call it metagaming or godmoding ?

Casiella

• Demigod
  • Creation is so precious, and greed so destructive.
« Reply #6 on: 02 Apr 2011, 07:49 »

Arvash is a good friend of mine and a "regular" player with a strong interest in PF. You could do worse than discuss it directly with him (civilly, obviously) via Twitter or his blog. :)

Lyn Farel

« Reply #7 on: 02 Apr 2011, 12:22 »

True, maybe I will.

I just asked this question because reading all this was extremly confusing. He mentions in his blog a lot of stuff that we are not supposed to know IC at all. Maybe someone had answers and maybe I actually missed something, but it looks like not. Ofc there is a big effort behind, but I just can't answer and consider that to take place in RP, thats just plain wrong. Or maybe I should also say that my character knows everything of the Enheduanni, knows that Jamyl executed herself Karsoth and how, knows everything of the Book of Emptiness and what happened of it, or whatever.

This kind of knowledge reunited like that could do an awesome OOC document, though.

But what annoys me is if suddenly someone that has read that IGS report comes to speak to my character of that, I will have to tell him that I do not consider that IC knowledge.

Casiella

• Demigod
  • Creation is so precious, and greed so destructive.
« Reply #8 on: 02 Apr 2011, 15:24 »

You can also disucuss it with him OOC on the forum: http://www.eveonline.com/ingameboard.asp?a=topic&threadID=1361265