Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That light pits, used to hold ships in place, are filled with complex electronic equipment, have no safety boundaries, and are lit with a dim blue light when not in use? (The Burning Life p. 77)

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Quick Question - Asking for Advice  (Read 3225 times)

BloodBird

• Intaki Still-Rager
  • Veteran
  • The untraditional traditionalist
Re: Quick Question - Asking for Advice
« Reply #15 on: 01 May 2013, 16:42 »

I certainly won't be telling my friends to go fuck themselves, though :)

There are many different ways to say this. Directly is just, the direct approach. I should likely have made that more clear. (Meaning "no, I won't join you, I'll build my own corp"for starters.)

I'm glad to hear you will keep the corp though and that you will be recruiting. We need more Blooders out there to make the enemies of the Empires more diverse, can't just have angels out there you know.

Hong WeiLoh

• Clonejack
« Reply #16 on: 05 May 2013, 21:32 »

Having been an RL leader for a while, in the sense of being a Company Officer in the Fire Service, not a Tony Robbins "business leader" type -- I have to disagree on the "put the group before yourself always" line, for two simple reasons:
1) Most directly applicable to this particular situation: this is a game we're talking about, not a real-life business. It's supposed to be FUN, and if you're constantly putting your own wants and needs aside for others, that's generally not fun, and it's mentally and emotionally draining! ...unless perhaps you're one of those masochistic types that enjoys that sorta thing. Being a Sansha loyalist, that would follow, so, in that case, have at it.  :lol:
2) In a more general sense: Many people paint "leading a group" as this false dichotomy between the group's needs/wants/goals and your own personal needs/wants/goals, and that those two must always somehow be incompatible and in "competition". If you "get" 40% what you "want", that only leaves 60% for the group, so to speak. The truth is that the dynamic I just described leaves out one important aspect: the needs/wants/goals of the other individuals in the group, that may be aligned with, or contrary to, the group's overall goals.
In reality, there is no dichotomy, the group dynamic is in fact a tripod, and being good sci-fi geeks, you know that "a tripod is the most unstable of political structures."  8)

How do you balance those aspects? That's a personal decision only you can make. However, the best place to start is figure out what your own personal goals and priorities are, what the group's goals and priorities are, and what the goals and priorities are of the other major players who comprise the group. Then, figure out where they all align and overlap, and count your blessings if they are many, because that reduces your workload greatly.
For the remainder, give and take is required, and how much you are willing to give or take in order to meet the middle, is the very question that most of us spend our entire lives answering.

Hope that halps a lil bit.  ;)
« Last Edit: 05 May 2013, 21:34 by Hong WeiLoh »

Lasairiona

• Red
  • Omelette
« Reply #17 on: 06 May 2013, 03:40 »

I never roleplay based on my corporation affiliations. If people ask, I'll of course answer accordingly, but it's nothing I volunteer. Mostly because the corporations I'm in have nothing to do with the RP community. Do what you feel is right and won't diminish the enjoyment of the game for you.

No hard feelings about the past.

Nmaro Makari

• Nemo
  • Pod Captain
  • SHARKBAIT-HOOHAHA!
« Reply #18 on: 07 May 2013, 20:12 »

There's alot in a name.

If you don't believe me, whisper the words "Ubiqua Seraph" softly into Graelyn's ear over and over.
The very model of a British Minmatarian

Creep

• Omelette
« Reply #19 on: 07 May 2013, 21:29 »

There's alot in a name.

If you don't believe me, whisper the words "Ubiqua Seraph" softly into Graelyn's ear over and over.
No, whisper his own name into his ear over and over.

Ember Vykos

• Not so bitter bitter fucking vet...
  • Pod Captain
  • I bring nothing to the table.
« Reply #20 on: 09 May 2013, 21:18 »

That will be weird to see Silas as a henchman rather than her own boss.

I know I may be a bit late to the party, but....SO MUCH THIS!!!!!!!!

Next to John you are one of the best bosses I've had in EVE, and it just seems wrong not seeing you in charge of your own corp. I would rather see you strike out on your own and build some sabik stuff than join another corp just because they want you too, but thats my stance so in reality do what adds up to more fun for you.

On a side note I would actually love to see you take the whole sabik thing and run with it, just cause I know from experience that you would do one hell of a job with it.
[spoiler][/spoiler]

Current active RP character(s) - Kairelle
Past RP characters - Ember Vykos, Simca Develon

Zakar Shazih

« Reply #21 on: 14 May 2013, 02:45 »

On a side note I would actually love to see you take the whole sabik thing and run with it, just cause I know from experience that you would do one hell of a job with it.

This.... :)

John Revenent

• Taisho - Friendly Neighborhood Caldari Liberal (Punching Bag)
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #22 on: 17 May 2013, 04:04 »

*Stops daydreaming about the possibilities of John/Silas creating a empire of evil and destruction*

I would stick with the name myself.

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #23 on: 17 May 2013, 08:12 »

Ya'll are sweet.

Sticking with it for now, thanks for opinions. 

....Sabik Victor!

Makkal

• Pod Captain
  • Khanid victor
    • At the End of Your Journey
« Reply #24 on: 17 May 2013, 14:51 »

*Stops daydreaming about the possibilities of John/Silas creating a empire of evil and destruction*
Don't dream it, be it.
Ask not the sparrow how the eagle soars!

Current Events
Pages: 1 [2]