Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That all Blood Raider commanders receive substantial theological training as well? (The Burning Life, p. 56)

Author Topic: Cleaning services  (Read 1155 times)

Soniver

• Clonejack
  • Cleaning services for free !
Cleaning services
« on: 30 Mar 2012, 04:20 »

Greetings capsuleers !

Are you battling a lot ? Are you destroying a lot of ships on the way ? Do you care about wrecks you leave behind ? You should care !

I would like to offer long term cleaning services to you. I work for free !

My basic services are just about salvaging wrecks while leaving loot from the wreck itself in place. I don't expect anything else from you there. I am leaving up to your decision if you abandon those wrecks and let me take everything.

My extra services are for you, if you want to take the things from the wrecks, but you don't want to travel along the battlefield picking the stuff. Call me and i am willing to use my tractor beams to move the remains of wrecks together, so it will be easy for you. You can go anywhere else in meantime. However for such services i want payment of 20,000 ISK for every towed wreck.

My super services are similar to extra services, but instead of you paying for towing the wrecks, you stay there with me and you will protect me from any harm.

It's up to you which type of services you choose, just let me know which one it's is for you. If you have another kind of offer, just let me know, as far as it's about salvaging or towing the wrecks/containers. We can work something out.

I am preferably looking for the long term offer from some individual or corporation. I don't want to join your corporation, just work for you. Unless there will be any offer, i will announce on the end of every week (Friday) the name of region i will operating at. Feel free to contact me (through game mail) with name of constellation (within the announced region) you are going to do some battles and want to use my services.

This week region is: The Forge
« Last Edit: 30 Mar 2012, 07:09 by Soniver »

BloodBird

• Intaki Still-Rager
  • Veteran
  • The untraditional traditionalist
Re: Cleaning services
« Reply #1 on: 09 Apr 2012, 05:58 »

Your services needs tuning to be interesting to people, I think.

Working for free is irrelevant to people when;

Basic services - "I'll take your salvage and leave your loot where it is, cutting into your possible profits and letting you collect the loot yourself, and I would not mind taking that too."

This only works if people don't really care about the loot/salvage. Essentially, if they are going to leave the wrecks ANYHOW, letting you have it is just a favor to you - they gain nothing from your 'services' beyond some 'feelgood' time knowing you got some isk that they did not care about anyhow. There is no practical reason why they should 'hire' you to do this at all.

Extra services - "I'll take you salvage and if you want the loot you can PAY ME to gather it for you. I get salvage and you get to pay for your own loot."

Dis-service. No-one are likely to agree to a 'deal' where you get salvage and isk for their mods - 20k for each wreck don't seem like much until you salvage a good level 4 field and haul around some 40+ wrecks or so, asking for 30-40 x 20,000 isk in all. It's like the lottery - you pay for a ticket and maybe what you get in the wreck is worth it, maybe not. That's 600k to 800k, for a decent-sized mission's loot. Whatever they pay you will be removed from whatever the mods were worth in isk or mineral worth.

Super services - you get salvage and isk for the loot WHILE the mission runner have to sit there and guard you while you cut into their possible profits. Nevermind that this may be an impossible task to begin with, but it kills their freedom of movement, something they might need.

In short, your services are not really services at all. Those who would like to hire your help are those who may want the salvage/loot, but have no way of getting it themselves or can't be bothered/don't have time to do it. Most mission-runners who have a second account have a salvager tag along to pick up the loot/salvage from the wrecks as they go, most who play solo need to take time to do both, salvaging after the mission is over. This takes more time, THIS is where you come in - performing the work of the salvage alt they don't have.

Basically this might be a better deal;

Appeal to those mission-runners that don't have time/ability/will to gather the loot and instead pushes for reward/bounty/standing from the agent and rats, and offer to salvage the loot for them for a cut, or a set prize, or any other means of making it mutually beneficial.

For instance, you could offer to do the job, and give them the salvage and possibly most mods. This will be a monetary gain for the missioner and a reason to let you tag along. Your pay would be any high-level meta item like meta 4 best-named and/or any faction items that may drop.

Or a cut in the salvage, or a hard isk bounty, or anything that you are both happy with. If I were in your shoes, striking deals with people who would forgo loot and salvage anyhow, I'd agree on what the missioner cares for the least - loot or salvage. Then I'd make my pay all of the items he/she don't want - for instance, I take all salvage, he/she gets the mods. Either of these are a good source of isk, high-grade mods can be sold, low-grade can be melted down to minerals - minerals are expensive to buy right now. Or you take the salvage and sell it - IIRC it's still a good source of isk because people always need salvage materials for rig-production.

Alternatively you build your own rigs and sell them on the market, building and selling whatever rigs sell the best, for instance. There are many ways, but the gist of it is to find a mutually beneficial deal. As things stand anyone what think over your offers for a while are likely going to accept ONLY if they really don't care for their loot/salvage and feel like being charitable to you, or enjoying the company while they mission. It's certainly not very beneficial to them from a financial point.

Soniver

• Clonejack
  • Cleaning services for free !
« Reply #2 on: 09 Apr 2012, 06:33 »

Oh boy/girl, you got it all wrong :D

I just wanted to try something different than simple ninja salvaging... i wanted try to be polite instead of being just a "thief". I was expecting that most people will just go with "basic services" which is essentially "polite ninja salvaging". Those extra services are there just for a glimmer of commercial kind of services, so it sounds more like a profession than simple "trash collecting". And of course that word "free" is meant there more like a joke, because when something is for free, it gives sort of good feeling to most people.

Anyway, it seems you understood the extra services kind a wrong. Yes, there is payment, but there is also some work involved.  I wouldn't usually gather all wrecks together during usual salvaging, i fly to them, salvage and leave them where they are. I bet a lot of people don't want to spend a time by flying around battlefield when wrecks are like 100km from each other. So i just offered to pile that up on one heap and owner than just comes and grabs loot without any extra travelling and time waste.

And of course, as i had said in original post, i am open to suggestions and other kinds of offer. If anybody wants cut on the salvage, i think we could make a deal. I am wondering why you  don't run your own kind of services, when you know so much about it...

Anyway i am currently unavailable, because i had been already employed, that's why i haven't updated the region i will be travelling at. Believe or not, there were people who got interested in this offer. Some of them even picked those extra services and it was pretty good business for both sides.
« Last Edit: 09 Apr 2012, 09:45 by Soniver »

Tiberious Thessalonia

• Everyone's favorite philositoaster
  • Pod Captain
  • Panini Press
« Reply #3 on: 12 Apr 2012, 14:50 »

Hi Soniver!

Actually, Bloodbird's idea isn't awful.  People have run successful salvaging corps in the past, usually based on the idea of getting a cut of the salvage rather than being paid directly.  It tends, obviously, to pay a little less than running L4's yourself would do, but half of the fun is in providing a service.
Do you see it now?  Something is different.  Something is never was in the first part!