Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The 'Crystal Boulevard' of Caille is both a high end shopping center and a vast shield of manufactured diamond for bunkers underneath?

Author Topic: Explain this!  (Read 1491 times)

Shintoko Akahoshi

• Red Mom of War(?)
  • Pod Captain
  • Red Mom of War!
Explain this!
« on: 12 Jan 2011, 14:39 »

So I'm RPing with Kyoko in (IIRC) Last Gate last night, and she brings up an old corp mate who'd died (all IG stuff).  Now, I'd completely forgotten that he'd done this, so I was all *shock-shock* and a really fun scene transpired from that.

Thing is, in looking back, Shin was around in Omerta when the fellow in question was killed, and I'd RPed a response from her.  So... Let's make this Shin-lemon into Shin-lemonade!  Who can come up with the most interesting/entertaining/plausible reason why Shin seemingly had no idea about the death of a close friend of hers, despite the IC evidence to the contrary.

To answer the obligatory question: "Yes, Shin has been podded in the intervening time".  There were a few years when she'd feel out of sorts if she didn't get a new clone at least every month or so, and her choice of vocation suited that.  It'd be easy to say "cloning imprint error resulted in lost memories", but that's boring.  Unless it can be made interesting, of course...

Z.Sinraali

• Pod Captain
  • You're a Jovian spy, aren't you?
Re: Explain this!
« Reply #1 on: 12 Jan 2011, 15:19 »

She found out who was behind it all. They couldn't risk another high-profile killing, and so just erased the memory. Unfortunately, their methods were imprecise.

She was secretly carrying on an affair with the fellow, and the emotional trauma broke her brain meats.

He didn't die, but had to shed that identity for super-sekrit squirrel stuff. She found out, and he asked her very nicely to not mention it to anyone else.

The assumption that other people are acting in good faith is the single most important principle underpinning human civilization.

Casiella

• Demigod
  • Creation is so precious, and greed so destructive.
« Reply #2 on: 12 Jan 2011, 15:52 »

One word:

neuralyzer.

Ulphus

• Bitter dried flower
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #3 on: 12 Jan 2011, 16:13 »

Who are you and what have you done with the real Shintoko Akahoshi?
Adult to 4y.o "Your shoes are on the wrong feet"
Long pause
4y.o to adult, in plaintive voice "I don't have any other feet!"

Vieve

« Reply #4 on: 12 Jan 2011, 18:48 »

The memory was too painful, so she had all of her memories associated with his death removed to hard storage.  Is there a sculpture in her quarters she doesn't remember picking up?  A necklace in her jewelry box she doesn't remember buying? Something like that?

Maybe there's a data crystal hidden inside whatever it is that contains the recorded neural-print.

Orrrr, maybe she buried it wherever he wound up being buried.  If he got buried.  I don't remember off the top of my head (and Vieve wasn't in Omerta when this happened).

Shintoko Akahoshi

• Red Mom of War(?)
  • Pod Captain
  • Red Mom of War!
« Reply #5 on: 12 Jan 2011, 19:29 »

Oh, I like that idea! Shin's been involved in some crazy implant/mind control research over the years, so she'd certainly have the tech for it.

Julianus Soter

• Pod Captain
« Reply #6 on: 12 Jan 2011, 23:19 »

Vieve has the best ideas for character cloning/identity crisis plottwists *whistles*

:D

Vieve

« Reply #7 on: 13 Jan 2011, 05:04 »

Vieve has the best ideas for character cloning/identity crisis plottwists *whistles*

:D

Hey, most of the time I just work with what you guys give me to play with. :P