Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That Mordu's Legion was formed of Intakis exiled from the Federation for their support for the Caldari? For more read here.

Author Topic: Re: Carebear = insult?  (Read 729 times)

Mizhara

• Prophet of New Eden
  • Demigod
  • The Truth will make ye Fret.
Re: Carebear = insult?
« on: 10 Dec 2010, 23:23 »

Jesus Fagtard Carebear Christ...

Is this serious? Are we being serious here? Did everyone just hide their :trollfaes: when I clicked the thread? Fine, I'll put on my :srsfaes: for the following:

You're fagtards.

Woops, the :srsfaes: slipped. Let's see here.

Right, you're completely and utterly off the chain, people. 'Carebear' considered an insult? Well, maybe the people doing the reporting and considering it insulting should find themselves a nice and cozy corner with Barney the Purple Dinosaur where they can sing happy songs and grouphug all day long. I mean that in all seriousness. No joke, no sarcasm, irony or anything of the sort. If you are so utterly devoid of even a hint of skin, you may be playing the wrong game and hanging out on the wrong forums.

The term Carebear being even remotely insulting is insulting to real insults. It's a fun term to use for PvErs and Industrialists who'll never see PvP until Hulkageddon comes along. They're players of the game, enjoy a different aspect of it than PvPers, and they're basically essential to the pewpew experience of the PvPers in Eve. I don't think there's anyone who'll use it as any kind of serious insult but as a fun term for these players with different interests than us. Hell, most of us have carebear alts and refer to them as that.

No, screw that shit. I am not going to ever accept that the term carebear is an insult and I will keep using it at every damn turn when talking about miners, manufacturers, traders and so on. Why? Because it's not insulting and it saves me helluvalot of time explaining who I'm referring to since there's so many subclasses of carebear.

Find it insulting? Find another damn game to play, because you'll be insulted every 30 seconds you're in the damn game. Also, grow a skin before your spleen falls out.

/Miz

Silver Night

• Admin
  • Demigod
  • Elitist Oldtimer
Re: Carebear = insult?
« Reply #1 on: 11 Dec 2010, 00:07 »

[mod]Don't insult other players. Rant. Not constructive. 'Just kidding' is sometimes true, and sometimes used to excuse behavior that isn't acceptable and to dismiss complaints. If you feel that the moderation of this board is too 'thin skinned', Chatsubo is also available with a more robust rule-set. We intentionally set the moderation bar fairly high, here. There are plenty of forums on the internet where you can post virtually anything you would like. This isn't one of those forums.In the case in question, it was judged from the context of the specific post, rather than the specific word used, that the term 'carebear' was insulting. If you find yourself unable to judge whether the context you use words in is appropriate, please refrain from hitting post. For example, 'fagtard' isn't appropriate on this board in any situation I can imagine. Read the rules if it isn't clear why.'Carebear' may be, in some situations, appropriate. In others, where it is used to summarily dismiss someone, and/or in a post void of constructive content, it is not appropriate.If you have any questions, feel free to PM a mod or ask in the appropriate section.[/mod]