Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

DioCore is a Gallentean research firm that survived a hostile takeover by its own start-up investors, MindChill, in the early days of the company.

Author Topic: Re: Star Fraction in Placid – Freespace Ideology vs the Enclosurist Road-blockers!  (Read 1946 times)

ChipMo

• Clonejack

[mod]Posts moved for:
    • * attacking others
    • * making unsupported and negative assumptions and assertions about others' behaviour
    • * trolling
    • * being in response to and quoting a post moved for cause (note: posts moved for this reason are done to avoid a catacombed post remaining on the boards as a quote, although we appreciate that the quoting poster did not know at the time of posting this would be the case)
[/mod]

Hi All, long time listner first time caller, heres where I'm at:

The war with Moira, deeply dissapointing conclusion. Ok it's fairly widely accepted that we have won by whatever measures most people go by, but the RP has just stopped. Why? It would have been great if we could have reflected the reality of eve in our words and crafted a full story start to end. Insteat one side has decided to plug its ears run off and pretend it isn't happening.

Thats fine, and to be expected, this is eve a game after all. Doesn't make it any less dissapointing though. Poor form, truly.

Anyway, to the future! - Rouge Drones, contact me please lets see if we have any common enemies. I would be more than happy to pitch a campaign to the free captains to assist some persicuted AI's. Fits great with our RP, I  -think- it would be or could atleast lead to some orginal content and tales to create. A lot of potential there. I'm keen.

« Last Edit: 19 Jun 2011, 04:44 by Ciarente »

Verone

• Dirty Gurista Loyalist
  • Egger
  • :3
    • Veto Corp.Com

I agree with Victoria.

There is also something else that annoys me : the title. It is totally biased (enclosurist road blockers is definitly pejorative) and maybe it is just me, but putting it that way to start an OOC discussion puts the opposite parties in bad light or in an embarassing position when they are gonna try to answer/discuss, etc. You can definitly be biased when discussing about something, though.

I've always had a tough time taking OOC conflicts and repackaging them as IC.

This is an admirable attempt though, and I can see a lot of work went into it.

I tend to agree with these two sentiments.

It's all well and good that the OP is attempted to be put forward in a civil and neutral manner, but the thread title is just a derogatory OOC swipe at Moira, and the whole thing reads with snide little digs here and there.

A member of SF has already complained in this thread about the RP drying up, and the attitude of SF's leadership's posting over the course of this whole affair is the reason. This is the exact type of attitude that I was talking about when Jade and I spoke privately, people just tire of it and wash their hands of it over time, and it's why SF have in Jade's own words when he contacted me, become exiled from best part of the RP community.

This isn't an attempt at a  flame, just for reference. It's more just voicing an observation of how SF seems to be perceived by a wide section of Eve's RP Community, which is what I was trying to explain to Jade privately at the start of all of this before the toys were thrown from the proverbial pram.

It's completely about attitude and people just get sick of it, shake their head and walk away rolling their eyes after a while.

As for our involvement, on an OOC level we were already planning to work alongside Rote, and had been planning the move to TXW for eight weeks or so before we even arrived. Quite some time before SF were even hostile with Moira.

When we arrived in Syndicate we were just milling around the local area slapping people and getting joint ops going smoothly with Rote. It was then that I got involved when Jade randomly contacted me OOC. Initially we weren't even bothered about the Moira/SF campaign and I didn't think of it. I used the Moira targeted threads on Eve-O as an example of why people just "peanut gallery" SF and tend to ignore them for the best part. It's all about attitude.

Our involvement was completely OOC, until one of our random gangs was given intel about SF pilots by Soter and we got dragged into it. We're not particularly bothered about the outcome, we only fully defend those who pay us to do so under contract. On an IC level, we remain bemused at the shit-flinging that comes our way from SF given the fact our anarchist ideologies are much the same if you put aside the differences in engagement policies. Ethan personally remains bemused by Jade's complete u-turn on their past friendship and total unwarranted hostility. He tends to just give as good as he gets when her mouth flares up toward him.

As for the conflict, we hit SF's towers along with Rote as more of a team building exercise, and to cause inconvenience after the shit-flinging thrown our way on the IGS. In our eyes, the team building op was a complete success. They only loss we suffered in the entire time we were faced off against SF was a single Falcon, the pilot of which was ridiculed and poked fun at for accidentally hitting his cyno generator in front of the POS and painting himself with a massive bullseye for SF POS gunners. The loot from the Tengu we dropped a while previously more than compensated us for that several times over.

Veto Corp would have happily gotten more intricately involved and fully relocated to Placid for some heavily RP based fun and games if SF's leadership's usual wholely unjustified "you're doing it wrong, we're right, you're wrong, and we're better than you" hadn't reared its head. As it stands, our members just looked at the derogatory shit that was being posted all over here and the IGS regarding us and rolled their eyes before going to syndicate for fun.

I mean, its a double edged blade. SF complain about no one wanting to RP with them, ignoring them, or forming up in a 'peanut gallery' against them to the point of their leader coming to me for advice, but on the flip side of the coin they've never shown any of the people they're up against a single shed of respect either in our out of character, and continue on this trend despite recognising that they're alienated from a lot of people.

This all boils down to the reason we didn't bother really getting involved in the conflict, we just can't be bothered with it. I tried to help SF on an out of character level, I offered to give up a crap load of my personal time to assist in trying to rebuild bridges, but in the end it was thrown back at me with the same attitude I described above.

Its sad really. Things looked pretty promising, then they've just  gone full circle and back to square one again.

I honestly do wish I'd been given the opportunity to help, because I know for a fact I could have done some good.

C'est la vie, I suppose.

ChipMo

• Clonejack

The RP has not dried up. One side has taken a vow of silence (Edit: The RP will continue regardless, it will just be less engaging). Now you claim it is soley because of Jades actions OOC, I am very sceptical of that as it convieniently coinsides with the complete collapse of any in-space resistance.

Only Soter / Moira members can really know the truth of that. Regardless *shrug* we carry on.

As far as Veto goes in all this they are footnote beside Rote. We have a long history interacting with Rote (Stim in particular) which I fully expect to continue, if not a little more indirectly than of late.
« Last Edit: 18 Jun 2011, 12:24 by ChipMo »

Jade Constantine

• Anarchist Adventurer
  • Omelette
  • Nothing ever burns down by itself
    • The Star Fraction Communications Portal

The RP has not dried up. One side has taken a vow of silence (Edit: The RP will continue regardless, it will just be less engaging). Now you claim it is soley because of Jades actions OOC, I am very sceptical of that as it convieniently coinsides with the complete collapse of any in-space resistance.

It is a fairly common (if entirely corrosive claim) that we are somehow responsible for damaging the RP integrity of a particular war by winning it. But ultimately one needs to simply ignore obviously unhelpful interjections to this effect and look for interactions with other more open-minded partners in eve roleplay.

As far as Veto goes in all this they are footnote beside Rote. We have a long history interacting with Rote (Stim in particular) which I fully expect to continue, if not a little more indirectly than of late.

Agreed certainly - Veto was never really the issue here.

There are some arenas so corrupt that the only clean acts possible are nihilistic

Andreus Ixiris

• Omelette

The war with Moira, deeply dissapointing conclusion. Ok it's fairly widely accepted that we have won by whatever measures most people go by

but the RP has just stopped.

Take a long hard look at the attitude of the first quoted segment.

Then ask yourself - no, really, take a long hard look and ask yourself - are you truly surprised that people don't want to roleplay with you?

Andreus Ixiris

• Omelette

None of the above. If you can't see what's wrong with the statement ChipMo made, well, you may be (not are, but may be) part of the problem.

[spoiler]It's the arrogance.[/spoiler]

Senn Typhos

• Pod Captain
  • Strong, Silent Type

The irony is goddamn painful.
An important reminder for Placid RPers

One day they woke me up
So I could live forever
It's such a shame the same
Will never happen to you

Andreus Ixiris

• Omelette

scagga

• Everything for Vaari
  • Pod Captain

I don't understand this double statement. Please explain

Andreus Ixiris

• Omelette

I really can't be bothered. Someone would inevitably complain that my honesty constituted "trolling".

scagga

• Everything for Vaari
  • Pod Captain

I really can't be bothered. Someone would inevitably complain that my honesty constituted "trolling".

Fine.  If you have a legitimate, relevant point, my view is there is always a polite way of saying it that will not be moderated.  Making vague statements in what looks like bitter reference to those points is not usefully contributory to the thread and is more susceptible towards moderation and easier discrediting of the points you actually take the time to make.

Andreus Ixiris

• Omelette

There is no polite way to say the honest truth of this matter.