Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Aldrith Shutaq was once court poet and author in the service of the Etranhi Holders on Mishi IV? Read more here.

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Pre-EA Command & Conquer = God.  (Read 3935 times)

Havvie

• Clonejack
  • Knowing me, does this really surprise you?
Re: Pre-EA Command & Conquer = God.
« Reply #15 on: 21 Aug 2010, 19:49 »

Eh, was in the C&C 4 Beta. Two other guys and I proved just how a three man team could steamroll everything in its path with the right setup. Mostly one guy would spam ground units, another air and I'd spam Spanners (flying healing units). Though one night we all got bored and spammed Strikers, words do not describe how broken those unit were in beta.

Only C&C I still play these days is a modded C&C 3 (let's face it, vanilla C&C 3 is boring)
DISCLAIMER: Any or all of the statements made by this individual may consist of conjecture, manipulative paraphrase, or outright bullshit.

Borza

• Kuru Khai
  • Omelette
  • We come for our people
« Reply #16 on: 23 Aug 2010, 11:11 »

You linked the wrong piece of music  :bear:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tb-gI_pFog0

Benjamin Shepherd

« Reply #17 on: 23 Aug 2010, 11:53 »

« Last Edit: 23 Aug 2010, 11:55 by Benjamin Shepherd »

scagga

• Everything for Vaari
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #18 on: 23 Aug 2010, 16:56 »

BloodBird

• Intaki Still-Rager
  • Veteran
  • The untraditional traditionalist
« Reply #19 on: 24 Aug 2010, 23:39 »

Personally, I'm hungering for more fun RTS games without all the micromanagement. Kind of like C&C was known for. Kind of like Starcraft 2 with less micro and more macro. That'd be awesome. Hrm... think I might reinstall RA3 though. I did find that quite enjoyable, even though it wasn't anywhere near the previous iterations of the game.

That's pretty much Supcom, its super macroey, you really don't micro anything cause most stuff dies in one or two hits

That was the whole POINT of SUPCOM - no 'make 5 scouts send them to die' 'tactical' shit - you sent a first attack wave of planes armed with firebombs to find the enemy base - usually by getting gunned down somewhere, wrecks, mark the spot. Then it was a matter of sending wave after wave of gun-toothing kill-bots at the enemy until they stopped shooting back.

Had a wonderful 'absolute-defence' option too, turtle up behind walslo f gun turrets and make a billion nukes silos and long-range atillery until you pulverized the enemy base - from your own.

SUPCOM is the definitive poster-child for macro gaming.

Jonathan Morrison

• Clonejack
« Reply #20 on: 27 Aug 2010, 04:13 »

The only real old school game I still play is Age of Empires 2. Still one of the best RTS ever made and there is a StarWars mod/addon that was made for it that raised the awesome bar to 12.

Milo Caman

• Guerilla Gardener
  • Pod Captain
    • Out of Sinq
« Reply #21 on: 27 Aug 2010, 04:58 »

Homeworld 2 has some seriously epic Multiplayer. Pity the campaign is so lacklustre in comparison to 1 >.>

BloodBird

• Intaki Still-Rager
  • Veteran
« Reply #22 on: 27 Aug 2010, 13:46 »

Homeworld 2 has some seriously epic Multiplayer. Pity the campaign is so lacklustre in comparison to 1 >.>

The needed 1.11 update don't want ot DL or work on Vista it looks like, ergo a DVD-cover containing epic glory is currently rotting on my shelf. Without that update I can't play online (as 99% of all others has it and non-updated clients can't play with updated ones) and I sure as hell can't use mods like FX or the awesome faction mods that added Bentusi, Taidanii Imperials, Progenitors and others, including my favorite, Kadeshi. I *loved* that mod. But, unless anyone know a way to make it work on Vista I'll keep being denied that pleasure.

Saede Riordan

• Immoral Compass
  • Demigod
  • Through the distorted lens I found a cure
    • All the cool hippies have tumblr
« Reply #23 on: 27 Aug 2010, 14:35 »

set up a duel boot with XP, just grab an old copy of XP, its not hard to set up duel boot, just read a couple guides, print them out, and follow the instructions.
« Last Edit: 27 Aug 2010, 16:57 by Nikita Alterana »
Personal Blog//Character Blog
A ship in harbour is safe, but that's not what ships are built for.

BloodBird

• Intaki Still-Rager
  • Veteran
« Reply #24 on: 27 Aug 2010, 16:12 »

set up a duel boot with XP, you can find torrents for XP pretty easily, and its not hard to set up duel boot, just read a couple guides, print them out, and follow the instructions.

I have absolutely NO idea what you are talking about. Thanks for the hint anyhow.

As for old, epic games, we got songs like this from Age Of Wonders:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RjGJrLsaFgc&feature=related

I think it a pity I played this game so little with other people, but if you only have that many people around interested, that's what you get. Still one of the most beautiful fantasy TBS games I've ever seen. This game has a charm that still keep me beholden to it. The day my aging copy dies, I will be a very, very sad man.

Mizhara

• Prophet of New Eden
  • Demigod
  • The Truth will make ye Fret.
« Reply #25 on: 27 Aug 2010, 16:25 »

Clearly she speaks of dueling eachother by throwing boots.

... seriously, people, the word is dual! DUAL boot. Dualwielding. Duality of man. Dual dildowielding dominatrixes on a death-defying rampage of delightful and devilish deviance! DUAL!
* Mizhara goes off on a five page rant about how people that are raised with the language fails the hardest at it.

Now, as for games, I'm actually playing Red Alert 3 these days. Finished the main campaign once more, and I have to say I'd forgotten how awesome the cheesy and corny acting in the cutscenes were. I mean... The Premier? Just pure awesome, no matter how you twist and turn it. That guy's got the most emotive face in the business.

"I will go the one place capitalism hasn't struck with it's taint! SPACE!"

I swear, I almost fell flat on my ass laughing at how he said that.

Saede Riordan

• Immoral Compass
  • Demigod
  • Through the distorted lens I found a cure
    • All the cool hippies have tumblr
« Reply #26 on: 27 Aug 2010, 16:30 »

Clearly she speaks of dueling eachother by throwing boots.

... seriously, people, the word is dual! DUAL boot. Dualwielding. Duality of man. Dual dildowielding dominatrixes on a death-defying rampage of delightful and devilish deviance! DUAL!
* Mizhara goes off on a five page rant about how people that are raised with the language fails the hardest at it.

>_>

here, allow me to hold your face under the putrescent waters of knowledge:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Multi_boot
Personal Blog//Character Blog
A ship in harbour is safe, but that's not what ships are built for.

Mizhara

• Prophet of New Eden
  • Demigod
« Reply #27 on: 27 Aug 2010, 16:34 »

Quote from: That Wiki
The term dual-booting refers to the common configuration of exactly two operating systems. Multi-booting requires a program called a boot loader.

My emphasis. Now where's those blink tags at?

Lillith Blackheart

• Pod Captain
« Reply #28 on: 27 Aug 2010, 20:37 »

There is irony here, an irony that always seems to rear its ugly head whenever someone goes grammar/spelling nazi.

Am I the only one who saw it? Does anyone else see it?

Mizhara

• Prophet of New Eden
  • Demigod
« Reply #29 on: 27 Aug 2010, 22:21 »

I'm allowed to fail. I don't even have more than the most basic education in the language and had to pick it all up on my own. Native speakers don't have that excuse.

Pages: 1 [2] 3